Growth spurt now?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 2nd, 2011, 07:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
This past week I feel like my stomach has expanded twice the size it was! Not kidding, all of a sudden I'm short of breath, having those round ligament pains like crazy and my already aching back is insanely sore now. Feels like this baby is gaining a pound a DAY! Lol.

Anyone else suddenly feeling VERY pregnant. I can't believe I'm this uncomfortable already! Wow. I had an ultrasound yesterday and all is well--except my stupid placenta is stubbornly remaining low lying. I really hope it gets out of the way soon! And baby is still breech. She told me it's too early to worry but of course..I'm worried! FX baby turns soon and placenta migrates north
Johnny age 4 born October 8, 2008
SHANE IS HERE!! Born March 1, 2012

Breastfeeding for 8 months now!!

December 2nd, 2011, 07:56 AM
Momma to 2 and one angel
Well the babies are in that rapid growth period now soooo I get what you are saying lol I am looseing my lap fast my laptop is almost a belly top lol

December 2nd, 2011, 07:57 AM
KimiB's Avatar Super Mommy
YES! I feel very pregnant this week. My belly grows daily, it's insane. And people are making those "If you're this big now and you still have 3.5 months to go..." comments that drive me crazy. I'm pretty uncomfortable as well.

To make myself feel better, I google image search "25 weeks pregnant" which generally assures me that I am not in fact any bigger than anyone else is at this stage, on average.

~*Kimi*~
Proud mama of Avery, born March 19, 2012, 6lbs 5 oz, 19 inches

Please check out my blog: http://familybirdsnest.blogspot.com
December 2nd, 2011, 08:12 AM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
Me too, a few weeks back I feel like I was suddenly BAM. I want to say somewhere between 22 and 28 weeks with all of my pregnancies, I've went through a big pop and a big weight gain to go with it... My doctor even mentioned at my 34 week appointment that she usually sees a weight jump around this time in women.

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
December 2nd, 2011, 08:27 AM
mommy2noelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
YES! I've been feeling like that this past few weeks. I can definitely feel that he's grown and he's very strong. And he moves so much! LOL! Last night I was just laying in bed watching my belly bounce around. I don't usually get too uncomfy, but I've had to start putting the pillow under my belly, round ligament, discomfort by my belly button...all of that.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

December 2nd, 2011, 08:45 AM
Thea Maria G's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
oh yes, especialllly towards the end of the day after i've eaten and look BIGGER. I swear after lunch im a house lol. My hips hurt from sleeping on them and turning over from side to side in the middle of the night is a job now. Its funny to see my belly button move so much from her and feeling her go from side to side in my belly.

31yr old Working Mama, MBA Graduate, Married Proud Mama of April Gabrielle E.
December 2nd, 2011, 09:25 AM
KimiB's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by quietsong View Post
Me too, a few weeks back I feel like I was suddenly BAM. I want to say somewhere between 22 and 28 weeks with all of my pregnancies, I've went through a big pop and a big weight gain to go with it... My doctor even mentioned at my 34 week appointment that she usually sees a weight jump around this time in women.
Oh thank goodness I'm not unusual. I am piling on the weight the lately, and it's making me nervous. Glad to hear it's fairly normal.

~*Kimi*~
Proud mama of Avery, born March 19, 2012, 6lbs 5 oz, 19 inches

Please check out my blog: http://familybirdsnest.blogspot.com
December 2nd, 2011, 09:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Glad to hear it's not just me

The end of the day is when I feel biggest too! My ribs feel like they're being pushed out--well they probably are lol.

December 3rd, 2011, 12:08 AM
-Bailey-'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was just thinking earlier this week that my belly seems to have gotten a lot bigger recently.

December 3rd, 2011, 05:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well it looks like we're all at going through a major growth spurt! Im going to Walmart to buy one of those body pillows. They were a lifesaver when Ive been pregnant in the past. Just flop belly on it and sleep sooo much better

December 3rd, 2011, 06:55 AM
Taz38's Avatar Proud Mommy
Yes the belly has popped. Although she isn't causing any discomfort in the ribs or anything--last night was the first time she moved above the belly button. She rides low.

BUT I have begun to waddle and need assistance getting up when my couch swallows me.......lol

I've also noticed I'm breathing a lot more heavily.

I don't mind--I'm loving being pregnant!!
December 3rd, 2011, 06:33 PM
txranchmom's Avatar Country Momma to the Core
I'm huge already, but must of 'sprung' the last couple of weeks, cause people I've been around all the time have said, 'Man you really look pg or are big now' LOL All part of the fun!
December 6th, 2011, 09:45 PM
pixiedust012404's Avatar Lovin my baby girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by quietsong View Post
My doctor said the same thing at my last visit.

My little girl is pushing up into my rib cage every so often making me completely uncomfortable and short of breath. And I feel HUGE. I really feel like my skin CAN NOT stretch any farther

thank you jaidynsmum for my siggie!

December 7th, 2011, 03:35 AM
ETanny's Avatar Mamma 2 Moo & Pops
Send a message via MSN to ETanny
I guess im having a growth spurt as I feel constantly hungry!

However, I think shes breech so Im not completley uncomftable. I remember feeling Mia up in my ribs at this point but this time, not so much.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search