Now im nervous

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 2nd, 2011, 10:08 AM
Thea Maria G's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can tell my baby is still breeched because im feeling her kicks 2-3 inches below my belly button. I know im tall 5'11 and she is long but i saw on the internet babies being delievered with their feet sprawled out or near their head and needing to be straightened. I guess if they are breeched long? Now im panicking.

31yr old Working Mama, MBA Graduate, Married Proud Mama of April Gabrielle E.
December 2nd, 2011, 10:14 AM
MissLoki's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm pretty sure it's still early to have baby turn into the vertex position. I wouldn't worry but you can always talk with you OB about it.

December 2nd, 2011, 10:16 AM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
This early, it's absolutely nothing to worry about. Babies can flip up to and even in the early stages of labor. Danny was a long baby for his gestation, and he was doing barrel rolls - breech one week, not the next, then back to breech again - up through 34, 35, 36 weeks. He was in some seriously contorted positions too, and had no issues with his spine or whatever.

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
December 2nd, 2011, 10:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Mines still breech too! Little bugger just doesn't want to be upside down lol. The doc told me it's way too early too worry (but of course I'm worried!) she said baby has lots of time/room left to turn. Not sure what you mean about the last part - feet needing to be straightened? Yikes. Google can be downright scary for expectant moms so don't google!! lol. I know they could try and turn the baby manually. Hmm maybe I'll stand on my head and see if that works? lol. Don't worry, our babies are just being stubborn. Chances are they will turn soon. FX for both of us!!
Johnny age 4 born October 8, 2008
SHANE IS HERE!! Born March 1, 2012

Breastfeeding for 8 months now!!

December 2nd, 2011, 10:31 AM
Thea Maria G's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies this helps alot and ill stay off google. I get anxiety alot.

31yr old Working Mama, MBA Graduate, Married Proud Mama of April Gabrielle E.
December 2nd, 2011, 10:36 AM
mythreesons's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
^Google is the worst thing...especially when you are pg. I had my first son diagnosed with all sorts of things while he was still in utero.

Like everyone said your little one is still doing somersaults in there. Sometimes you will feel her low and then 15 minutes later up high. Do not worry about it yet. Your OB will keep an eye on your little one and do whatever is needed if she is indeed breech toward the end.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my wonderful siggy!

Me: Kristine

December 2nd, 2011, 10:48 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Oh yeah, baby still has plenty of room in there to turn sumersaults. My fourth son was transverse until 40 weeks when he finally decided to turn head down and stay there.
#12 is on the way
December 2nd, 2011, 10:50 AM
mommy2noelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Google is the devil!

Although I will admit that with some of the serious moving my son has been doing, I'm worried about him turning, since he's been head down since 18 weeks, but I just try to keep it out of my head.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

December 2nd, 2011, 10:53 AM
Mandy1108's Avatar Expecting a little boy!!
Send a message via Skype™ to Mandy1108
Last time I was at the Dr...like 2 wks ago he was breech and they didnt seem to think that it was a big deal at this time...but it has crossed my mind a time or two as well. So Im trying not to worry too much myself. I guess we still do have awhile haha

December 2nd, 2011, 12:33 PM
Momma to 2 and one angel
Dont worry to much about the feet needing to be straightened I had to straighten my 5 year olds when he was born they turned inward. All ya do is put pressure with your hand and push them out a little and just do that each time you change a diaper it was corrected in a matter of weeks.

Now for the baby being breech I know my 5 year old didnt flip till I was 34 weeks then he went ahead and dropped around the same time ehh I think thats worst then him being in my ribs lol

December 2nd, 2011, 02:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I feel movement everywhere but especially below my bellybutton and up by my ribs so I'm not sure if he's breech or just long

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w.../ryderlee1.gif
December 2nd, 2011, 03:17 PM
MissLoki's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by amandarosed2 View Post
I feel movement everywhere but especially below my bellybutton and up by my ribs so I'm not sure if he's breech or just long
I felt movement mostly below my belly button and at my latest scan, he was head down so what I was feeling was his head and hands moving around. Goes to show you that they are full of surprises

December 2nd, 2011, 06:08 PM
Lovemykiddos!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Lovemykiddos!
Mine IRS back and forth mostly from transverse to head down, they still have lots of room and time to flip around!!
December 2nd, 2011, 06:40 PM
txranchmom's Avatar Country Momma to the Core
I wouldn't worry yet. Had a lady tell me that hers flipped when she was in labor. So they can still move, just give it time. I will say, that having to have one turned, or repositioned while in labor is NOT fun. I gained a new respect for all those poor heifers and my mares that we had to reposition the babies of when they were having them. LOL And it's one thing I will be asking them to check with this one when the time comes. Cause DS was head up, and they have to be head down. NOT fun to go through that, even with the epi!
December 2nd, 2011, 09:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLoki View Post
I felt movement mostly below my belly button and at my latest scan, he was head down so what I was feeling was his head and hands moving around. Goes to show you that they are full of surprises
That's reassuring hope my little guy is head first

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w.../ryderlee1.gif
December 2nd, 2011, 09:39 PM
brandywk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just had a scan today and baby was head down.. I feel most of my kicks to the left or right of my belly button. At my last scan baby I got to see baby go from head down to head up and I barely felt it.

6lbs 15oz 17.5 inches

Sister to Christian, Madelyn & Samuel

December 2nd, 2011, 09:50 PM
-Bailey-'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Like everyone else said its too early to worry. of course its still a fear in the back of my mind also.
Look up the ways you should sit, stand and lay to encourage babies in the right position...it helps me think I'm at least doing what I.can for now. By this i mean sitting without crossing your legs or ankles, stuff like that.
And I do not mean the positions that are intended to flip a baby, such as getting on your hands and knees...its much too early for that to be effective

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search