Feel baby only when sitting or laying down?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 3rd, 2011, 04:42 PM
Thea Maria G's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Anyone else only feels their little babe when they are sitting down or laying down? i never feel her when im walking. Just interesting...

31yr old Working Mama, MBA Graduate, Married Proud Mama of April Gabrielle E.
December 3rd, 2011, 04:48 PM
Fluffy Baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
All my kids are like that. Walking and sex usually put them to sleep, the rhythyms. When you are still is usually when they are active.

I am a mixture of all that and a bag of chips... IJS

Rest In Peace Jennifer <3

December 3rd, 2011, 05:28 PM
WhoaMomma!'s Avatar Danielle
Boy I wish! Both of my babies have been very active during sex which freaks my husband out so bad I almost have to beg to get lucky these days But yeah it's definitely more common to feel baby when I'm sitting or laying down.

My daughter is perfect, but her birth was not. If you or someone you love is struggling to cope with a traumatic childbirth experience, please visit http://www.solaceformothers.org/
December 3rd, 2011, 05:39 PM
Dizzi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel her most when I'm sitting, I'll feel her when I'm laying, too but not near as much but like LeAnn said, all the moving puts my little lady to sleep because I rarely feel her when I'm doing any sort of moving around.

December 3rd, 2011, 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoaMomma! View Post
Boy I wish! Both of my babies have been very active during sex which freaks my husband out so bad I almost have to beg to get lucky these days But yeah it's definitely more common to feel baby when I'm sitting or laying down.
LOL! thank goodness i dont feel her during sex!

December 3rd, 2011, 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thea Maria G View Post
LOL! thank goodness i dont feel her during sex!
It doesn't bother me. I've learned to tune it out and focus on the action. But she has a nasty habit of kicking my husband in his stomach as hard as she can. Let's just say it shatters his concentration

I think it's the fetal version of "Hey buddy! You're squishing me!"

My daughter is perfect, but her birth was not. If you or someone you love is struggling to cope with a traumatic childbirth experience, please visit http://www.solaceformothers.org/
December 3rd, 2011, 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoaMomma! View Post
It doesn't bother me. I've learned to tune it out and focus on the action. But she has a nasty habit of kicking my husband in his stomach as hard as she can. Let's just say it shatters his concentration

DANIELLE, I am in tears laughing over here! poor hubby!!!!!! l

December 3rd, 2011, 05:59 PM
mythreesons's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:

LOL! I think my DH would freak out too!

I feel my little one mostly when I have a chance to sit down and relax. Like someone said, the walking usually lulls them to sleep.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my wonderful siggy!

Me: Kristine

December 3rd, 2011, 06:01 PM
The last time I tricked him into putting out it was like 3am and I convinced him it would be the ideal time to sneak a quickie bc she was asleep. Exactly as his orgasm started she nailed him right in the gut. It was kinda hilarious. He's all "ooooooooooAAAAAAAAHHHHH!". I've never heard anyone switch from ecstasy to revulsion that fast

December 3rd, 2011, 06:37 PM
Lovemykiddos!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Lovemykiddos!
Pretty sure DH would totally freak out lol. But I feel baby when I'm up and about as well as sitting or laying. This boy is ALWAYS moving.
December 3rd, 2011, 07:08 PM
Momma to 2 and one angel
I feel this little boy when I am sitting most he hates my laptop he kicks at all the time lol He also dislikes the band on my pants if its a little tight he kicks it constantly.

I only feel him when I am walking around some and when I do he really nails me lol He is a turd already lol

December 3rd, 2011, 07:17 PM
Fluffy Baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
LOL, I have never had a baby kick my DH during sex! lol That would freak him out I think.

I am a mixture of all that and a bag of chips... IJS

Rest In Peace Jennifer <3

December 3rd, 2011, 07:36 PM
Oh man both my babies did/do it. It really puts a damper on my sex life

December 3rd, 2011, 07:38 PM
txranchmom's Avatar Country Momma to the Core
LMAO, ok I've never had one of mine kick during Sex, DS never did and we kind of went at it like rabbits. This one, my drive is literally zip anymore, and if I feel like it, I'm too sore to do anything, but the few times, nope he hasn't.

He moves all the time, for the most part. But I've read that walking kind of rocks them to sleep, so that's probably why you don't feel her.
December 4th, 2011, 07:43 AM
woohoo502's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I mostly feel him when I am sitting or laying down. It was the same with my DD. Since I spend a lot of my day walking around my classroom, as soon as I sit, he is so active.

The kicking during sex is hysterical! I think my DH would freak out too.

December 4th, 2011, 09:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I feel my lo mostly when I'm sitting and laying down, he does occasionally kick during sex but luckily with the positions we use now dh doesn't seem to notice most.

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w.../ryderlee1.gif
December 4th, 2011, 03:10 PM
Pregnant with #2
Send a message via Skype™ to Mandy1108
I felt my lil guy move when we were trying to be intimate and I didnt tell hubby but I was thinking Oh man this aint sexy....lol I have felt him when Im standing/walking but mainly when Im sitting and def when its time for bed..lol

December 4th, 2011, 03:34 PM
mommy2noelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
LOL!!!!! This thread is hilarious!

I mostly only feel him when I'm sitting still, but he was quite active today right before we got ready to dtd...don't think he was moving when it was actually happening though. I don't think D would care though.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

December 4th, 2011, 06:53 PM
-Bailey-'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Like others have said, walking kinda puts them to sleep...that's why some babies have their days and nights reversed. They're used to getting rocked to sleep all day from walking, and being active at night while we're relaxing.

Now with that I've only just barely felt her while I was standing up, and only when I'm standing still for a few minutes at least. Even then, it's pretty rare. I've never felt her while I was actually walking.

December 4th, 2011, 10:24 PM
cherry08's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I usually find she is much like my other two in that I feel her mostly in the mid to late evening and sometimes here or there at other points in the day but nothing regular and most often after I eat is when I feel her the most. She is also pretty low down like DS and DD both were. I don't feel her as much as my other two so far as she is the first one I have had Anterior Placenta with.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search