Ok, hospital Bag

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 4th, 2011, 06:51 AM
Thea Maria G's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I remember a thread about the items in it but i cant find it. Also when is everyone going to start working on this bag?

31yr old Working Mama, MBA Graduate, Married Proud Mama of April Gabrielle E.
December 4th, 2011, 07:30 AM
KASHWORTH's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've started working on mine! If you have your bag now, and something happens to where he/she comes early, it would be a TINY bit less stressful if you had your bag of stuff you needed with you!

PS: My (now healthy) brother was born at 24 weeks!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
December 4th, 2011, 07:44 AM
mommy2noelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That was a couple months back Thea! LOL!

Mine would have two sets of pjs for me, an outfit for me to wear home, body wash, wash cloth, towel, other toiletries, nursing sports bra and bra pads, socks (duh), slippers, a couple of sleepers for the baby, his coming home outfit, socks, etc for baby, my ipod and portable speakers and probably my laptop this time around.

I guess that's about it. I basically pack like I'm going on a weekend trip minus all the cute clothes, makeup, and accessories. Oh, since we're having winter babes, you'll want a couple of blankets for the baby.

No, my bag is not anywhere near packed. I probably will pack it after my baby shower, which is also about when the carseat takes up residence in the trunk. I'll have to go to Walmart and get my nightgowns. I like to get ones that have open access in the front for nursing.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

December 4th, 2011, 08:15 AM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
Mine is all the usual stuff plus all my cloth diapers for a preemie/newborn. We don't use disposable, even in the hospital.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
December 4th, 2011, 08:17 AM
KimberlyAnn327's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'll probably pack mine at 30 weeks. I don't think I'll go that early but it wouldn't hurt to have one packed just in case. I'll come up with a list and get everything in there.

December 4th, 2011, 08:25 AM
WhoaMomma!'s Avatar Danielle
With my dd I packed the day of my induction at 41w4d so I was definitely not somebody with a packed bag sitting around This time I'll probably pack when around 41 weeks since I highly doubt I'll go before that. If I do, there's PLENTY of time to pack in early labor unless you're Beth or someone with ridiculously short labors.

My daughter is perfect, but her birth was not. If you or someone you love is struggling to cope with a traumatic childbirth experience, please visit http://www.solaceformothers.org/
December 4th, 2011, 11:57 AM
chapsgirl07's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'll pack a bag towards the end of January.

Socks, Pjs, iPod with baby music on it, clothes to come home in, boppy pillow, snacks, toiletries, coming home outfit and blankets for baby, camera, phone and chargers...

December 4th, 2011, 12:58 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Im "due" March 14, so I'll probably pack mine around March 20th or so....lol. Thats seeing as I always go over.
#12 is on the way
December 4th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Dizzi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been making a list in an app on my phone whenever I think of stuff I want to pack .. I probably won't start packing until the end of January/beginning of February. The earliest I've delivered was 37w so I doubt I will go earlier.. On the off chance I do I'll have a nice little list for DH to go throw stuff together for me lol

December 4th, 2011, 02:08 PM
Super Mommy
I will pack the night before my csection. I'm glad someone mentioned chargers- I forgot those with my second baby. I will also throw in a couple extra bags (those cloth ones for groceries) because I have always left with more than I showed up with. And I will bring lots of snacks... nursing is hungry work!
December 4th, 2011, 05:50 PM
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoaMomma! View Post
With my dd I packed the day of my induction at 41w4d so I was definitely not somebody with a packed bag sitting around This time I'll probably pack when around 41 weeks since I highly doubt I'll go before that. If I do, there's PLENTY of time to pack in early labor unless you're Beth or someone with ridiculously short labors.
Lol! It's true. We left for the hospital as soon as I had a contraction with Charlie, ran two red lights, and still barely made it in time. He was crowning in the parking lot.

This time I'll be packed up early since we are having an induction.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

December 4th, 2011, 06:10 PM
-Bailey-'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was curious when everyone was gonna start packing as well, since I have no idea what to expect. My only indication would be my mom and both girls were two weeks late [my brother was born ON his EDD] and her longest labor was 8 hours. I can only hope I'm that lucky!

And just as I said the last time we had this thread I WILL be asking again when I wanna pack mine...cause I will forget by then

December 4th, 2011, 07:34 PM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
I packed mine around 39 weeks with Eric, just to be safe. I didn't have one packed when Danny was born (36 weeks)...but after that, I may pack around the middle of February, JUST in case. I'm pretty sure my DH didn't like having to run back and get stuff I didn't have and forgot to mention the first 2 or 3 times I asked him to bring me stuff

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
December 4th, 2011, 09:19 PM
cherry08's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Since I am not due until March 25th I will probably not start on it until the beginning of March. I usually just bring diapers and wipes, some outfits for the baby, pj's for me and lots of granny undies , some clothes to come home in, Ipod, hairbrush, toothbrush and toothpaste, some basic makeup, hair elastics and that kind of thing.

December 4th, 2011, 09:20 PM
Momma to 2 and one angel
I am gonna work on mine after xmas.

Its not fun trying to pack a bag with your water broken with a towel between your legs lol this was with my second . With my first they broke my water I had my son within 20 min so I was told if it breaks get your butt here.

i have a list amd I am packing two bags one for labor and one for my hospital stay.

December 5th, 2011, 06:23 AM
I'll probably pack mine Mid- January, since my induction is early February. I normally pack around 34 weeks anyway, since all my kids come early and my oldest was born at 35 weeks. Since we were crazy and decided to buy a house (and close on it only days before my induction) it's even more important that I get it done quickly so it doesn't get lost in the hustle and bustle.

December 5th, 2011, 04:39 PM
RhiettaP's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I won't pack mine until it gets closer to Feb. I come home in the same outfit I wear in (with the exception of clean panties), I will pack extra panties (though I always wear the mesh ones they provide...why bleed on mine when I can ruin the disposables), nursing pads for coming home day (I don't usually wear a bra while in the hospital), my robe and slippers (I wear the hospital gown the entire time I'm there....just easier with them checking my inscisions and drains etc), my boppy pillow (hospital beds KILL my back)....and then the baby stuff that will be needed (coming home outfit, a few extra diapers, baby blanket).

Misc items will be:
cell phone + charger
my camera and extra disks
shower/toiletries

William 11.06.03
Ethan 7.3.08
Liam Ryan 2.17.12
Rowan Oliver 6.19.14
December 5th, 2011, 05:21 PM
Fluffy Baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
about a week before I have my c/s

I am a mixture of all that and a bag of chips... IJS

Rest In Peace Jennifer <3

December 5th, 2011, 05:51 PM
Conners Mommie +2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'll probably pack mine a couple weeks ahead....the basics. Clothes to go home in, toothbrush, toothpaste, razor, clothes for baby and the baby blanket Josh's great grandma made for him and has since been used to bring home every boy in the family

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search