Today's Doctor's appointment...not so good - **Update in #38**

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 5th, 2011, 11:28 AM
mommy2noelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well I went in for what I thought would be a regular check up. Boy was I wrong. The midwife decided I needed to have a sono to check baby's growth so far and to check my cervix. Good thing is baby is measuring good...about 2 lbs 6 oz, so inthe 64th percentile. Then she checked my cervix and before she even measured it, she said "You're looking a little short today". She checked her measurements twice and my cervix is measuring 2.5cm this week, down from 3.3cm two weeks ago. The midwife took another swab for the fFN, which I'll get back tomorrow. So after hours at the doctor's office, I've been put on pelvic rest, restricted activity, and will be starting 400mg of prometrium tonight, since I haven't really been feeling contractions. She said if the fFN comes back positive, they'll start me on steroids for the baby's lungs.

I'm a bit devastated. Well I downright broke down. I'm 10 weeks from being term. I'd love to make it to February with this boy, so I'm going to do what I need to do to stay pregnant. I go back next week for another u/s and appointment.

Please say a prayer that the fFn is negative. I feel so down right now. I know at this point, babies tend to do very well in the NICU, but I'd love to not have to go through that. So that's about it. I'm going to take a nap and try to relax.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

Last edited by mommy2noelle; December 6th, 2011 at 01:41 PM.
December 5th, 2011, 11:31 AM
woohoo502's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry to hear this Nia. I'm praying that you FFN is negative. I hope that little boy stays put! How many weeks were you when you had Noelle?

December 5th, 2011, 11:34 AM
-Bailey-'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope it comes back negative Nia. That little boy needs to stay in there for awhile!
Take it easy for now!

December 5th, 2011, 11:34 AM
Lovemykiddos!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Lovemykiddos!
stay off ur feet woman!!! There is still a chance even with a shortened cervix to make it to term!! I have had preterm labor and shortened cervix and even dilation with my 2 previous pregnancies and still made it to 36 weeks. Even 36 1/2 with my son. Most important thing is to just stay off ur feet and stay hydrated and relaxed!! Hang in there!!
December 5th, 2011, 11:38 AM
KimiB's Avatar Super Mommy
Nia, T&P that the fFN comes back negative. I'm glad you are taking care of you and baby, stay still as you can. I hope you can carry as long as possible.

~*Kimi*~
Proud mama of Avery, born March 19, 2012, 6lbs 5 oz, 19 inches

Please check out my blog: http://familybirdsnest.blogspot.com
December 5th, 2011, 11:52 AM
KimberlyAnn327's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry. I'm always worried about getting similar news. I hope the ffn comes back negative and that you keep that little boy in there as long as possible.

December 5th, 2011, 11:52 AM
Whitney, I was 38 weeks 5 days when I had Noelle and was on procardia from 32 weeks through 36 weeks

I am keeping my feet up....I have no choice now. Oh, they did say that there is no sign of funneling in my cervix yet, so that's good.

Thanks ladies.

December 5th, 2011, 12:08 PM
Thea Maria G's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aw nia im so sorry

31yr old Working Mama, MBA Graduate, Married Proud Mama of April Gabrielle E.
December 5th, 2011, 12:19 PM
MissLoki's Avatar Super Mommy
Aww Nia... I'm sending good vibes your way and hope you get good news *hugs*

December 5th, 2011, 12:37 PM
ETanny's Avatar Mamma 2 Moo & Pops
Send a message via MSN to ETanny
Oh Nia, Im praying he bakes a little longer! At least another 10 weeks.

Do you have plenty of help at home?

December 5th, 2011, 12:44 PM
mythreesons's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
~hugs~ I am so sorry you are going through this! Try to get some rest and try to get this little man to stay place for a bit longer!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my wonderful siggy!

Me: Kristine

December 5th, 2011, 12:56 PM
brandywk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So sorry hun! I pray that your cervix will stop shortening! Here is a good link I found on cervix length KeepEmCookin.com | Prevention & Treatment

6lbs 15oz 17.5 inches

Sister to Christian, Madelyn & Samuel

December 5th, 2011, 01:07 PM
kdrew88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh no! Fingers crossed the test comes back negative!

Are they going to put you on bed rest at all? Are you still working or is your job flexible enough that you can work from home?

Hope little one stays in there for a while longer!!

First Time Mommy to Tatum Elaine born March 10th, 2012. 8 lbs, 9 oz, 21 inches long
December 5th, 2011, 01:17 PM
Momma to 2 and one angel
T&P's that the test comes back negative and that your son stays in there for a long time.

Keep your feet up and relax.

December 5th, 2011, 01:32 PM
Emma, I do have some help since D is back now, but he also works at night and is working a lot of overtime since it's the holiday season, so yes and no to the help at home.

Kelly, I'm not on official bedrest, but I'm on restricted activity, which is basically not doing any more than I need to do. I called my supervisor as soon as my appointment was over and let her know that I would need to work from home more, which she is fine with. My coworker is going to bring my computer to me on her way home from work this evening so I don't have to go get it and D is going to pick up my prometrium when he goes bowling tonight.

Luckily yesterday I made some macaroni and tuna salad, so we can have that for dinner and Noelle's not feeling to hot herself, so she's been pretty easy and is more than happy to sit in bed next to mommy.

Thanks for the link Brandy. It reads as pretty much everything my doctors are looking at so far.

December 5th, 2011, 01:50 PM
kdrew88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's so great that your work is so cooperative like that! I am glad you are able to take it easy and that D is there to help out too!!

First Time Mommy to Tatum Elaine born March 10th, 2012. 8 lbs, 9 oz, 21 inches long
December 5th, 2011, 01:53 PM
Dizzi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aww Nia .. That is definitely not a fun appointment.. I'm so glad baby boy is measuring great and will be sending lots of super baking dusty thoughts your way!! Little man, you need to stay in momma for a while longer, you can do it!

December 5th, 2011, 02:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Aww t&p's that your ffn is negative. Hopefully just an indication you need to slow down and rest more. Hoping for the best!

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w.../ryderlee1.gif
December 5th, 2011, 03:08 PM
D&K's_mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh no, I hope it comes back negative. Baby needs to stay in there longer most def! Ill say a prayer for you that everything turns out ok.

December 5th, 2011, 03:21 PM
Chelbell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Praying for you, Nia. It's a good thing she decided to check your cervix. Do they usually do that this early?
Chelsey, mom to Jaxon(3), Zachary(1), and expecting #3 11/11/13

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search