update

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 5th, 2011, 07:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Just thought I'd post an update on me and the baby

Had my OB appointment today, everything looking good. Had my GD test. The drink wasn't that bad at all! Tasted like sugary kool-aid, and I love kool-aid lol. I was all worried because of how much everyone complained about it She said she would call with the results later this week. Also got her referral for a pediatrician, so I'll be calling him sometime soon.

Cut off my hair and donated it today! 13 inches! It was suppose to only be 10, but I let DH cut it off and he cut WAYYYYY crooked. I was actually so angry and so sad that I cried. Because my hair was suppose to be to my shoulders after cutting it and on one side it was up to my ear, so they had to cut it super short to even it out. Oh well, it grows fast.

This is the cut off part (obviously)

When I get over the fact that it's so short and I figure out how to make it look better, I'll post a pic of it lol

Also had my maternity pics Friday, they turned out AMAZING!! Can't wait to pick them up from her so I can share them with you guys

December 5th, 2011, 07:47 PM
Dizzi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad everything's going good with the baby and that you didn't mind the drink! lol what flavor did you get? I had the orange the last two times and GAG!! I think my repulsion is due in large part to the fact that I hate orange flavor anyway haha

Yay for donating hair! But BOO for the hubby cutting it crooked! I'm sure you look adorable either way, though!

Can't wait to see the maternity pics!!

December 5th, 2011, 07:47 PM
katchi's Avatar Super Mommy
Hooray! I'm super excited to see your maternity pics!!! I'm sure the hair looks better than you think. Every time I cut my hair from long to short I have a little panic attack about how much shorter it is. It always looks SO much different that it's hard to get used to right at first. After a few days, I am sure you'll feel better about it. And you're right, it'll grow quickly. Your hair is BEAUTIFUL, BTW, so healthy and thick. Gorgeous! Such a precious thing you did growing it out for (I presume) Locks of Love.

December 5th, 2011, 07:54 PM
Momma to 2 and one angel
Glad ya didnt mind the drink mine wasnt bad I had lemon lime I was just happy to have a drink at the point since I had to fast for the darn test lol

I bet your hair looks fine and yay for donating it I am gonna to donate mine after baby is born last time I did I donated like 24 inches. Its gonna be around that this time also. I agree you hair is so heathy.

December 6th, 2011, 03:19 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Can I also ditto how healthy your hair looks? Yay for donating!

I have a friend who had been growing her hair out to donate and in October, before we went to my cousin's wedding she went in for a trim...well the stupid lady cut like 4 inches off during her "trim". My friend was devastated. Now she has to wait for her hair to grow again.

Anyway, glad you had a good appointment and I can't wait to see your pictures.
December 6th, 2011, 06:05 AM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
Beautiful update all around, I love it! Your hair DOES look great, and you are awesome for donating it; I've always wanted to, but can't handle my hair that long, heh. I hope my GD drink tastes like Kool-aid this time, it never has before but maybe they have improved them

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
December 6th, 2011, 06:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks everyone

I had the red drink!

December 6th, 2011, 07:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Great update! It really touched me that you donated your hair, I lost my sister in law 2 1/2 years ago to brain cancer she was only 22 and she had been fighting cancer for 8 years, she was so excited to have a wig from lock of love, it made her feel beautiful and less self conscious, so thank you for doing that!

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w.../ryderlee1.gif
December 6th, 2011, 08:15 AM
Thea Maria G's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
RED? that doesnt sound bad. The orange was like a flat soda lol. Hope you pass and next time just hit hubby where the sun dont shine!

31yr old Working Mama, MBA Graduate, Married Proud Mama of April Gabrielle E.
December 6th, 2011, 11:36 AM
-Bailey-'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad to hear everything is ok

Why in the world did you let DH cut your hair? I wouldn't let him near my hair with anything sharp...
I've kept my hair super long [down to my butt] since I was a little kid, and I have cried more than once from someone cutting it wrong. Last time I got it trimmed she cut wayyy more off than she said she was going to, and then I had it put up in pigtails since I was going to a concert that night, so I didn't realize how much she cut off til I took it out that night. I have yet to work up the courage to get it trimmed since then...

December 6th, 2011, 12:21 PM
Dee136's Avatar Super Mommy
Everything sounds great! I can't wait to see what you did to your hair and your maternity pics!

December 6th, 2011, 02:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Bailey- View Post
Glad to hear everything is ok

Why in the world did you let DH cut your hair? I wouldn't let him near my hair with anything sharp...
I've kept my hair super long [down to my butt] since I was a little kid, and I have cried more than once from someone cutting it wrong. Last time I got it trimmed she cut wayyy more off than she said she was going to, and then I had it put up in pigtails since I was going to a concert that night, so I didn't realize how much she cut off til I took it out that night. I have yet to work up the courage to get it trimmed since then...
I figured it would be okay since I had it in a ponytail and just wanted him to cut right above it. I knew it wouldn't be completely straight and planned to go get it fixed after anyway. But you can see from the pic that it's no where near the top pony tail! On the other side it is, I don't know how it got that crooked.

December 6th, 2011, 05:14 PM
Lovemykiddos!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Lovemykiddos!
That is great that u r donating!!! Glad to hear about the good appointment!!
December 7th, 2011, 03:45 AM
mythreesons's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow! You have been busy! Glad the baby is doing well! I am also glad you were okay with the glucose test (I have never minded it too much).

Good for you for donating your hair! That is a great thing to do. I can not wait to see pics!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my wonderful siggy!

Me: Kristine

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search