Any freakout moments lately?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 6th, 2011, 01:25 PM
Thea Maria G's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have to be honest, i love hearing these moments from you gals. My only recent one was when i found i have to do the 3 hour glucose test thats it though lol. Which is tomorrow by the way.
What are yours?

31yr old Working Mama, MBA Graduate, Married Proud Mama of April Gabrielle E.
December 6th, 2011, 01:40 PM
mommy2noelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well of course mine isn't funny.

I'm officially freaked out from my test results.

Oh wait...here's something...I went for my steroid shot today and the nurse comes in and she's like here's the shot and we're going to do it in the buttocks. I asked if it was going to hurt. She says "It'll hurt and burn a lot". LOL! Thanks for sugar coating it. But she's my favorite nurse, so it's was ok. And that mother did burn good.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

December 6th, 2011, 01:43 PM
Thea Maria G's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
aw and oh now that has to suck!! I dont get why in the butt though for certain shots? lol

31yr old Working Mama, MBA Graduate, Married Proud Mama of April Gabrielle E.
December 6th, 2011, 01:50 PM
As much as it burned, I prefered the butt. And nice to know I get one in the other cheek tomorrow...sigh...

December 6th, 2011, 01:58 PM
brandywk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh I'm always feaking out about the fact that I'm having a 4th child!!! When ever the kids are fighting and things get really loud, I ask my husband he thinks we can really have 4 kids!!! He just laughs and ask who where gonna give her back to.. as if we got in over our heads w/ a puppy

6lbs 15oz 17.5 inches

Sister to Christian, Madelyn & Samuel

December 6th, 2011, 02:02 PM
LOL! yep, they don't come with "return to sender" labels. LOL!

December 6th, 2011, 02:29 PM
ETanny's Avatar Mamma 2 Moo & Pops
Send a message via MSN to ETanny
Im freaking out that my husband wont let me buy anything big untill after christmas and new year :hairpull:

December 6th, 2011, 05:02 PM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
I've got my next ultrasound is a couple of weeks, and I'm starting to worry that they'll find something amiss. I'm going to be VERY glad for the reassurance after it's done and all is well, but there's this little knot in my stomach and reminder of ultrasounds gone wrong

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
December 6th, 2011, 06:16 PM
KimiB's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm freaking out on the regular about how I'm busier than I have ever been in my career and exhausted and I hate my job. Also freaking out about how I have to put up with three more months of this work.

~*Kimi*~
Proud mama of Avery, born March 19, 2012, 6lbs 5 oz, 19 inches

Please check out my blog: http://familybirdsnest.blogspot.com
December 6th, 2011, 08:23 PM
-Bailey-'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2noelle View Post
Well of course mine isn't funny.

I'm officially freaked out from my test results.

Oh wait...here's something...I went for my steroid shot today and the nurse comes in and she's like here's the shot and we're going to do it in the buttocks. I asked if it was going to hurt. She says "It'll hurt and burn a lot". LOL! Thanks for sugar coating it. But she's my favorite nurse, so it's was ok. And that mother did burn good.
...Hey if I have to sit around on my butt allll day now, I don't want them giving me shots in it!
I could've done without knowing that until tomorrow though

December 7th, 2011, 03:21 AM
Taz38's Avatar Proud Mommy
I've had 2 recently - one as just a little cyring spell, the other was a full on meltdown complete with wanting to shank people......lol

The small one: Hubby and I were on our way to the store having a good day and I told him that I was ready to quit my job (of course this won't happen - I work in local gov't and make pretty decent money) BUT I just had to get that out there. He asked me why and I immediately burst into tears saying I can't imagine someone else taking care of our daughter--what if I miss her first word, her first step. Those are life changing events that only come once - by the time finish my speech I'm a blubbering idiot with a puffy red face, snotty nose, and we're at the store. So I have to pull myself together, crank up the AC to clear my face and my husband is sitting there in shock at how fast I went from general conversation to crying uncontrollably.

The BIG one (last night btw): It's hubby's turn to take a snack in to work for his department. We had thought about a meat tray with rolls, but I went out looking and the cheapest I could find was like40 bucks (for 6 people I'm not paying that). So plan B was to make the spicy cheese dip and tortilla chips. So I go to Bilo and get everything I need except the mexican velveeta - they didn't have any and I didn't even see a spot on the shelf for the product. So I go to checkout and get behind the slowest person ever. Meanwhile, I get this tremendous cramp in my belly which literally made me bend over in agony--so I'm on the verge of freaking out about that, but I'm going across the street to Food Lion to get the mexican cheese.

Guess what....yep they don't have it either. So I call my hubby yelling I have to go to Walmart now because no fn store up here has mexican cheese. He asked if I needed it I said well only if you want it kinda spicy--otherwise it will be medium (thinking to myself he'd just say don't worry about come on home) he replied yeah I want it spicy so do what ya gotta do. CLICK I hang up. I get to Walmart and go directly to the fridgerated cheese section NO VELVEETA ANYWHERE. So after walking the entire cold section of the store (still cramping) I call my mom in tears screaming does walmart even sell velveeta cheese?!

She tries to explain they don't sell it in the cold aisle it's on a shelf - WHAT SHELF, she's telling me where the one in her store is (the summerville store). I couldn't find a helpful walmart associate to save my life and when I did I could've stabbed him in the face - he said well if it's mexican cheese try the mexican aisle. NO CHEESE ON THE MEXICAN AISLE - about to go postal in walmart my dad tells my mom to get me to the cracker aisle. Tada mexican velveeta on the cracker aisle. 2 hours I searched for cheese between the 3 stores.

Thank god for my mom-she was a trooper and was laughing her head off but I didn't know it until I was out of the store with my cheese.......lol

Sorry for the book, but it is funny this morning--very tragic last night!!
December 7th, 2011, 04:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz38 View Post
I've had 2 recently - one as just a little cyring spell, the other was a full on meltdown complete with wanting to shank people......lol

The small one: Hubby and I were on our way to the store having a good day and I told him that I was ready to quit my job (of course this won't happen - I work in local gov't and make pretty decent money) BUT I just had to get that out there. He asked me why and I immediately burst into tears saying I can't imagine someone else taking care of our daughter--what if I miss her first word, her first step. Those are life changing events that only come once - by the time finish my speech I'm a blubbering idiot with a puffy red face, snotty nose, and we're at the store. So I have to pull myself together, crank up the AC to clear my face and my husband is sitting there in shock at how fast I went from general conversation to crying uncontrollably.

The BIG one (last night btw): It's hubby's turn to take a snack in to work for his department. We had thought about a meat tray with rolls, but I went out looking and the cheapest I could find was like40 bucks (for 6 people I'm not paying that). So plan B was to make the spicy cheese dip and tortilla chips. So I go to Bilo and get everything I need except the mexican velveeta - they didn't have any and I didn't even see a spot on the shelf for the product. So I go to checkout and get behind the slowest person ever. Meanwhile, I get this tremendous cramp in my belly which literally made me bend over in agony--so I'm on the verge of freaking out about that, but I'm going across the street to Food Lion to get the mexican cheese.

Guess what....yep they don't have it either. So I call my hubby yelling I have to go to Walmart now because no fn store up here has mexican cheese. He asked if I needed it I said well only if you want it kinda spicy--otherwise it will be medium (thinking to myself he'd just say don't worry about come on home) he replied yeah I want it spicy so do what ya gotta do. CLICK I hang up. I get to Walmart and go directly to the fridgerated cheese section NO VELVEETA ANYWHERE. So after walking the entire cold section of the store (still cramping) I call my mom in tears screaming does walmart even sell velveeta cheese?!

She tries to explain they don't sell it in the cold aisle it's on a shelf - WHAT SHELF, she's telling me where the one in her store is (the summerville store). I couldn't find a helpful walmart associate to save my life and when I did I could've stabbed him in the face - he said well if it's mexican cheese try the mexican aisle. NO CHEESE ON THE MEXICAN AISLE - about to go postal in walmart my dad tells my mom to get me to the cracker aisle. Tada mexican velveeta on the cracker aisle. 2 hours I searched for cheese between the 3 stores.

Thank god for my mom-she was a trooper and was laughing her head off but I didn't know it until I was out of the store with my cheese.......lol

Sorry for the book, but it is funny this morning--very tragic last night!!
LOL!!!!

I think if that was me I would have walked in the house and stuck that cheese where the sun don't shine lol.

No major freakouts lately but overall feeling pretty stressed about affording Christmas and then having to buy all my baby stuff right after Christmas. It's always on my mind that I only have a few short months left. So I feel the pressure because as of now I have nothing for this baby. I kick myself daily because I gave it all away convinced I was done having kids. I know it'll somehow work out but I'm still freaked out :O
Johnny age 4 born October 8, 2008
SHANE IS HERE!! Born March 1, 2012

Breastfeeding for 8 months now!!

December 7th, 2011, 09:45 AM
Dizzi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just had a total meltdown on the way home today .. I'll just copy/paste what I put on my FB .. much easier lol

On my way to my dr appt the truck dies. No idea why. Just died. Some ******* in a shiny blue car that was following too close swerves trying to not hit me but does anyway. Instead of stopping he just takes off as fast as his car can get him out of there. Then the doctors office calls to tell me the doctor has been called away for an emergency and would I mind seeing the nurses (again). I told her I had to see the doctor per my perinatologist's instructions so she tries to reschedule for tomorrow. I can't do it tomorrow because we have Cole's neurology appointment that we can't get rescheduled so now I'm rescheduled for Monday. I just cried all the way home, stopped to get a drink and they got it wrong. Thanks. Ugh. Oh I cannot wait for this meeting to be over with the principal so I can come home curl up in a ball and cry some more.

For those of you that aren't on my FB or aren't caught up..
*I've had to see the nurses the last two times I've had an appt because people keep insisting on having their babies during my scheduled appts! I know, it's not their fault and I'm glad I have the kind of doctor that will be present for mine should I go into labor during office hours but grrr it's frustrating when you want to see the dr and not the nurses! I've been having loads of BH and some pink spotting so the peri told me to talk to my OB about it to make sure she doesn't want to run some tests and/or watch me closer/etc.
*The first week of school this year my son fell while they were outside and fractured his skull. He'd had epilepsy when he was younger but they thought he'd outgrown it since he'd been seizure free for over two years. After he fractured his skull the seizures came back, that's why the neurologist.
*A kid in my daughters 4th grade class brought a knife to school and threw it across the classroom and only got a 5 day suspension for it. My daughter was crying last night telling me she doesn't feel safe in class with him there, that's why the meeting with the principal.

I just felt completely overwhelmed with everything that's going on and completely lost it on the way back home. I ate three brownies once I got here and the chocolate induced euphoria started helping me feel a little better. I'm still very sensitive and blah feeling and want today to just be over already.. but I'll be alright.

December 7th, 2011, 10:32 AM
kdrew88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I almost started crying today during my annual performance review. The discussion was all positive, I have no idea why I was feeling so emotional. I just said "pregnant women should not be allowed to have these types of discussions" and laughed it off. My boss said I almost made him cry too, haha! Oops!

First Time Mommy to Tatum Elaine born March 10th, 2012. 8 lbs, 9 oz, 21 inches long
December 7th, 2011, 01:38 PM
RhiettaP's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had one yesterday when I realized that I have 8 weeks until I deliever and am not ready in the least. I need to clean out the babies dresser and organize it with HIS things, I need to buy a package of diapers so I have one here when I get home from the hospital, I need wipes, I need to get shelves up in the spare bedroom (where his dresser/changing table are), I need to get sheets for the cradle, wash all of his clothes.....I need to get everything ready for his newborn pictures (I do them myself).....

First I have to get through Christmas....my whole family is coming here...mom, dad, sister+spouse and baby, other sister + spouse and 2 kids....but after Christmas and everyone leaves....I literally have 4 weeks at the most to make sure I am 100% ready for baby. My mom was supposed to come out a week before I start my whole Amnio process, but she messed up the dates (she though I was delivering end of Feb and NOT beginning of FEB) and is scheduled to have a lot of important Dr.'s appts 2nd week of Feb....so for the first two weeks (wk one will be in the hospital....but I have 3 other kids that need taking care of since Dh works 7-7).....I don't know what I'm going to do.....I was able to leave the hospital with Ethan after 36hours (c/s)....but don't know if they will let me leave the hospital that early with Liam since he's coming early..........

To add to it.....I feel like the beginnings of a Kidney Stone passing coming up and I know the pain is going to be B.R.U.T.A.L in a few hours, but can't go to the E.R because I have Ethan with me at home, my other two getting off the bus shortly and DH can't leave work.....I will probably go tonight if the pain starts to get worse (and my fears are confirmed), but then DH will have to drag all the kids to drive me since they will give me pain meds (the good stuff )

William 11.06.03
Ethan 7.3.08
Liam Ryan 2.17.12
Rowan Oliver 6.19.14

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search