Weight gain at 25.5 weeks

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 6th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Super Mommy
Just got back from my monthly OB appointment. I was told I need to slow the weight gain down. I'm up about 18 lbs at 25.5 weeks. I'm not really sure where the weight is going....all my regular clothes still fit! Ugh. And to top it all off, I was meeting this OB in the practice for the first time and she was a total stick. Way to make me feel better...
December 6th, 2011, 02:42 PM
Chelbell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hate when the OB makes you feel bad about weight gain. I have an appointment on Friday and I'm sooo scared mine is going to yell at me. I'm now up 25 lbs! I feel like I've been exercising and eating good though. All the OBs in the practice I go to are tiny too.
Chelsey, mom to Jaxon(3), Zachary(1), and expecting #3 11/11/13

December 6th, 2011, 03:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My doctor has never given me a hard time about my weight, I normally gain between 30-35 lbs for my pregnancies. He says you're the one who has to take it off.

DD Brooklynn 8-4-01
DD Libby 6-18-04
DS Gavin 8-20-08
DS Carter born still 3-2-11 (20 weeks)
It's a GIRL!!! EDD 3-6-12

Make a pregnancy ticker
December 6th, 2011, 04:37 PM
Regular
I'll be 25 weeks on Thursday and in the last month I gained 10 pounds. My dr said she wasn't concerned because I was so small to begin with but she did say I needed to start exercising again.
December 6th, 2011, 04:46 PM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
my body doesn't handle weight gain well. I got up to 136 lbs a few weeks ago and now I'm back to 130
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
December 6th, 2011, 04:53 PM
Lovemykiddos!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Lovemykiddos!
Hmm ur OB would have a heart attack if I was her patient lol. When I conceived I weighed 120. Today at my appt I weighed 172. Yup I gained that much!!! My dr isn't counting the first 20lbs cuz I gained it while TTC before I for out I was even pregnant and that gain was from going off my meds. I don't think there are many other women who have gained 52lbs or 32 if u don't count the first 20. And my dr is perfectly happy with my gain.

Sorry I'm rambling haha. Anyways DONT listen to that dr....everybody gains differently and even the same people gain differently with different pregnancies
December 6th, 2011, 05:17 PM
brandywk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How are you at loosing weight? That is what should be your ob's question. I don't think it matters so much if you gain a lot of weight while prego, if you think you can loose it once baby comes. I don't want to gain too much this time becuase it usually takes a long time for me to loose it afterwards. I suck at diet and exercise! Plus the excess weight has always given me back problems! With my last I gained 35lbs, but deliverd at 36wks.

6lbs 15oz 17.5 inches

Sister to Christian, Madelyn & Samuel

December 7th, 2011, 07:48 AM
KimiB's Avatar Super Mommy
I've gained about 18 pounds and I'm now at 26 weeks. My doctor hasn't said anything to me but I'm freaking out. I get round ligament pain too bad to even walk at a moderate pace for more than 5 minutes, and I eat when I'm hungry. I'm trying to make better choices with my food lately. Ugh. I feel your pain.

~*Kimi*~
Proud mama of Avery, born March 19, 2012, 6lbs 5 oz, 19 inches

Please check out my blog: http://familybirdsnest.blogspot.com
December 7th, 2011, 09:33 AM
Dizzi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love my doctor for this reason lol She's ultra tiny, too after having two kids of her own but she's never said anything about my weight and I started off this pregnancy overweight :/

The only thing she really mentions is that if I start gaining too much weight it may be a sign that I'm developing pre-e again and we don't want that!

I'm sorry your dr made you feel bad but remember all women gain weight differently and a lot of it depends on how much you weighed to begin with.

December 7th, 2011, 10:05 PM
FunSized's Avatar First Time Mommy
Send a message via MSN to FunSized Send a message via Skype™ to FunSized
I wish my doctor would talk to me about weight gain. I was 125lbs pre pregnancy and now I weigh 147. Its only 20lbs gain, but I would like to know if I am gaining enough. Plus I would like to know where that 20 pounds is! Baby only weighs about 2lbs... Where is the other 18?! lol.

♦ Jonathan Tyler Born March 4, 2012 ♦ 7lbs 9oz 22inches ♦
♥ R.I.P Tyler Scott ♥ Aug 27, 1991 - Jan 10, 2012 ♥

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search