Well Not So Good News Now...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 6th, 2011, 05:15 PM
-Bailey-'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So I thought for sure the FFN test would've come back negative, since it's now 6 and I still hadn't gotten a call. Well my doctor called me a couple minutes ago and told me it had come back positive. I've gotta go in tomorrow before work and get the [whatever it's called] steroid shot, and again at my appointment on Thursday.

I haven't had the slightest bit of problems my whole pregnancy aside from the normal symptoms, so I'm really disappointed that something has to happen now. I know it being positive doesn't necessarily mean I WILL have the baby anytime soon, or early at all, but I'd still rather it have been negative
Aurora is much too little to be born right now!

December 6th, 2011, 05:19 PM
Lovemykiddos!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Lovemykiddos!
Ugh!! I'm sorry!! Atleast they caught it and will be prepared if something happens!!

Ate they putting u on bedrest?? Hope not its terrible...worth it but terrible. :hugs:
December 6th, 2011, 05:20 PM
brandywk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OH NO! I'm so sorry hun. Are you on bedrest now? You an Nina can be chat partners I'll be keeping you both in my prayers! This is so scary!

6lbs 15oz 17.5 inches

Sister to Christian, Madelyn & Samuel

December 6th, 2011, 05:20 PM
mommy2noelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hate that you have to be in this boat with me as a first time mom.

Just know that the FFN merely indicates the presence of the protein that is released before labor and does not guarantee you will go into labor in the next two weeks. What else did your doctor discuss as far as treatment goes?

I'm on bedrest and progesterone supplements and I'll probably get switched to procardia (meds to stop contractions) after my appointment on Monday.

I had my first steroid shot today and go back for my second tomorrow.

I will say this, I have a friend who's little girl was born at 28 weeks and just celebrated her first birthday. She was perfectly healthy...just small and I don't think she spent more than a month or so in the NICU.

I'm just praying for both of us that these kids cook a little longer.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

December 6th, 2011, 05:40 PM
woohoo502's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Attention babies: Everyone needs to stay put! Stop giving your mamas so much to worry about. We will see you closer to March!!!

Seriously though, I'm sorry you are dealing with this. I hope that little girl stays where she belongs and gets much bigger and stronger before her big arrival.

December 6th, 2011, 05:51 PM
They put me on bed rest just for last night, and I've stayed in bed or on the couch all day today since I still wasn't feeling much better and I already hate it. I keep reminding myself I should stay lazy, and that the house can stay messy.

I definitely thought of you when my doctor told me, Nia! I know it doesn't necessarily mean I won't go into labor, but just the possibility is scary At least I do know that babies at this point do have a higher rate of surviving, so that's helping my fears a little bit. She didn't talk about anything else but the shot, but I do have an appointment on Thursday so I'm sure she'll talk to me more about it then. She even asked if I was working tomorrow, so I took that as a good sign that she doesn't think it's too serious right now.
Yes both our little ones need to stay in there!

You tell em Whitney! Haha. My BFF was even joking that Aurora is gonna be in SO much trouble when she is born for making me worry this much.

I'm a million times more grateful now that she beats the crap out of me on a daily basis though. At least I know she's doing ok in there!

Last edited by -Bailey-; December 6th, 2011 at 05:54 PM.
December 6th, 2011, 05:54 PM
Yes the thought alone is scary.

I can't believe they're going to let you work though. My doc sent me home with a note, so I won't see my office for a while.

sorry I can't remember...how was your cervix?

December 6th, 2011, 05:56 PM
That made me giggle Nia "Oh hey, yeah what's up how are things going? Yeah how's your cervix doing?"

It was closed.

I'm definitely gonna stop my regular job and switch to an easier position ASAP. I really hate to do it, because I'm gonna work longer hours and make less money...but I don't think running around carrying heavy trays is a good idea now.

December 6th, 2011, 06:00 PM
Same here Heather, although he's been straight abusing my bladder this week.

LOL! Did they mention if it had shortened or anything? Maybe that's why they're allowing you to work...no cervical changes...

December 6th, 2011, 08:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry for the positive results. I hope your little girl stays put for awhile.

DD Brooklynn 8-4-01
DD Libby 6-18-04
DS Gavin 8-20-08
DS Carter born still 3-2-11 (20 weeks)
It's a GIRL!!! EDD 3-6-12

Make a pregnancy ticker
December 6th, 2011, 08:08 PM
Nia-
No they didn't say anything except that it was still closed.
I don't think my work will let me work anymore anyways, DF called and asked if I was planning on working, then told me they were trying to get my shift covered anyways.

December 7th, 2011, 03:41 AM
mythreesons's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
UGH! I am so sorry! I hope that little girl stays put and cooks for a bit longer!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my wonderful siggy!

Me: Kristine

December 7th, 2011, 03:44 AM
ETanny's Avatar Mamma 2 Moo & Pops
Send a message via MSN to ETanny
At least your work are being helpful

I hope these eager babies stay put for a few more weeks yet! I dont want to see any babies born before the middle of January...Ok? Good!

December 7th, 2011, 03:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Go with your instincts for sure! I think taking it easy for awhile is definitely a good idea. No cervical changes is a good thing though. That stinks the test came back positive but at least it doesn't mean for sure your going into labour.

Sending your baby lots of Stay Put Dust lol. Get DF to do the housework if possible, you need to relax
Johnny age 4 born October 8, 2008
SHANE IS HERE!! Born March 1, 2012

Breastfeeding for 8 months now!!

December 7th, 2011, 05:14 AM
I agree with you not going into work. Even if you were just hosting, you would still be on your feet right? Gravity is your enemy right now.

I'll be anxious to hear about what your doc says tomorrow. I go in today for my second steroid shot.

December 7th, 2011, 03:59 PM
I got my first shot today, and they did a NST for 20 minutes as well. No contractions, and Aurora is healthy and active in there so that's good. Going to see the doctor tomorrow, and the second shot after that.

I'm really worried about what she is going to say about working. I absolutely cannot NOT work right now. We can't afford it until Aurora is born. I doubt I could find a desk job, or work at home job, for this short amount of time. Especially since I'd be leaving during ski season, no place here is gonna hire me...

Ugh no more stress please!

December 7th, 2011, 04:13 PM
Dan's wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope she stays put!

December 7th, 2011, 05:31 PM
Just take it from me, you have to watch the time spent vertically.

Your NST sounds like mine, and that really reassured me. And although I wasn't having any contractions, since I had been having some, my doc went ahead and prescribed procardia for me to take as needed for now. I'm sure I'll be able to return back to work in the next week and a half too.

Hope you get some good guidance at your appointment tomorrow.

December 7th, 2011, 05:54 PM
MissLoki's Avatar Super Mommy
Nia, what's the difference between the procardia and the prometrium? I'm on prometrium now to make sure everything stays put but still feeling contractions. I'm laying down as much as possible but being at the end of my semester, I just cannot NOT go to my classes

December 7th, 2011, 08:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Stay babies stay!!!!

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w.../ryderlee1.gif

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search