Update on me - Trip to L&D and a long vent

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 8th, 2011, 08:01 AM
CAMPMOMMYAMY's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Iím sorry I havenít been around much Ė hopefully that will change soon but I wanted to give you all an update.

First on the L&D trip Ė
Tuesday morning I noticed I was cramping a bit, but I sort of thought I had to use the restroom. By 1pm my lower back was aching/cramping pretty bad and I was getting serious menstrual like cramps. I also realized that I was getting contractions. These were taking my breath away and had started to hurt. I started timing and they were coming every 2-6 minutes. I was still second guessing myself but called my doctor and described everything and was told to go to the hospital SINCE I WAS OUT OF TOWN and couldnít go into the office. Yup. No DH, mom or dad, no one here. Just me and doctors that donít know me L

Get to the hospital, and yup, contracting for a couple hours every 3-4 minutes! FFN was negative (yay!) and urine showed no dehydration or infection, but I am running a low fever (I was on Sunday too, no idea why) and the doctor said Iím 30% effaced but the cervix is closed and at 3.2 which is I believe is pretty normal? Baby is great, and the doctor believes Iím stable for right now, but has no idea why Iím contracting. Thank God the contractions arenít strong so no meds were given to stop them and she believes that it could be (hopefully!) lack of sleep/travelling/stress that may be causing them. I was released after about 6 hours based on the fact I have a set apt. on Friday with my OB and with strict instructions to come back if anything changed. She was going to put me on modified bed rest since the contractions wonít stop especially when I get up and walk and move around, but that resulted in me breaking down and crying because I HAVE to work. Thankfully my job is at my desk so she relented and made me promise to go through everything with my OB and let him make the call on where to go from here.
***Donít mention this on FB! Iím friends with several co-workers and I canít be playing the poor little pregnant girl card at work***

So, leading up to this over the past couple weeks (and maybe the cause), Cara was really sick for an entire week and couldnít sleep, we missed being with family on Thanksgiving so I had to pull the whole meal out of my butt with no planning the night before, then I was attacked by two computer viruses of which I finally managed to get rid of the last one on Monday. My computer is the life of my job (which I already canít stand) and over the past month Iíve been working on a big sales blitz/project that I only managed to screw up at least 3 times (!) and add the computer issues to that and my life has been he11. I donít think I have cried this much since I was a little kid L

Then of course there is my weekly trip (or two) to Atlanta to work (usually a 4:30am-8pm day) and then we had an annual canít-miss Christmas party this past Friday and Saturday (all that driving for only a 24 hour stay).
Then Iíve had to work in Georgia since Tuesday morning (for the sales project) and because of that I had to make arrangements for my parents to come to TN to watch Cara, and had to plan her week without me (outfits, school work, lunches, etc.) and her daddy because he also had a bad schedule this week and has had to work from 8am Tues. through 8am today (well actually heís still at work for a few more hours today because of a massive structure fire) and add in packing myself up to be gone for a few days, Christmas decorating and shopping, chores around the house that Iíve let slide, arguing with my boss, fighting with my crazy sister, DHís finals Iím having to massively help him withÖ

It just seems like Iím drowning a bit and Iím exhausted, like feeling depressed and 1st trimester exhausted and my energy is just completely gone. I may be the worldís best actress though because at least everyone at work thinks Iím fine. And they are really making sure I work until my due date! I have no appetite, and just feel like I canít keep up and not like myself at all.
So keep your fingers crossed that I can relax this weekend (only plans are the Nutcracker Saturday night which Iím already dreading which is sad L ) and that the OB definitely finds nothing wrong with me at all. Itís too early!
Thanks for listening because right now if I complain elsewhere (besides DH) I just feel like Iíll be looked at like a cry baby who needs to grow up.

December 8th, 2011, 08:15 AM
mommy2noelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh boy Amy! That is so much! I'm so sorry to hear this. I'm glad your cervix is still long. I hope you will rest as much as possible.

I recently found out my cervix is shortening 2.5cm and my FFN was positive, so doc ordered me to telework until further notice. Thankfully our main computers are laptops, so I'm able to work from my bed.

I really hope things ease up for you soon.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

December 8th, 2011, 09:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh hugs! You've got soooo much going on right now, contracting probably from your body telling you to slow down a bit. I hope things settle down at least a little for you.
Hoping for the best at your appt Friday, keep us updated and try to take it easy when you can. I know you're busy and work is important but if you don't rest a little bit at least you won't be able to do anything you need too.
Here for you! Hugs

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w.../ryderlee1.gif
December 8th, 2011, 09:08 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yeah, pretty sure that is a lot of stress on your heart/soul/body! I hope you can find a way to reduce it. I have no suggestions, but I hope you can find a way.
December 8th, 2011, 09:11 AM
mythreesons's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
~hugs~ You have a lot on your plate, so vent away! If there is anyway or you to take it a bit easier, I would. Hopefully the contractions were stress related and will go away soon!

Take care of yourself and your little one.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my wonderful siggy!

Me: Kristine

December 8th, 2011, 09:47 AM
RhiettaP's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm exhausted just reading all that you have going on!! That is a crazy schedule and workload for someone NOT pregnant!! Hopefully you will be able to slow down and relax soon and baby stays put!!

William 11.06.03
Ethan 7.3.08
Liam Ryan 2.17.12
Rowan Oliver 6.19.14
December 8th, 2011, 10:01 AM
kdrew88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think you should at least let your boss know what is going on. It's not fair to them if you don't. They are (unknowingly) putting you and your baby at risk in some ways. I get that you don't want to be the 'slacker' in the office, but you need to work with your boss (and HR if necessary) to keep them informed of your situation so they can make decisions accordingly.

Please get some rest and try to slow down a little bit!

First Time Mommy to Tatum Elaine born March 10th, 2012. 8 lbs, 9 oz, 21 inches long
December 8th, 2011, 10:37 AM
KimiB's Avatar Super Mommy
Hey that is a LOT to handle. I really hope the contractions stop. I understand the whole work thing because I'm there too. I'm six months along and have never been so busy in my whole career. I'm exhausted and in major dislike with my work. I tend not to tell my employer how tired and mentally "done" I really am.

HOWEVER! I do agree with Kelly - I think you need to tell your boss what's going on, especially since you had contractions and almost ended up on bed rest. Both you and your employer need to have a plan at the ready in case you are unable to work. I know you don't want to think about that being a possibility, but frankly, you ended up at a hospital so it IS a real possibility. I don't think they are going to think you're playing any "poor little pregnant girl card". You are trying to bring a healthy child into this world and I think by and large people get that, even if you don't want to seem like you're struggling.

~*Kimi*~
Proud mama of Avery, born March 19, 2012, 6lbs 5 oz, 19 inches

Please check out my blog: http://familybirdsnest.blogspot.com
December 8th, 2011, 10:49 AM
Conners Mommie +2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awww Amy! I'm sorry you've been so stressed! I agree you need to talk to you boss as well. I don't think that's playing the pregnancy card, I think it's looking out for yourself and your baby! Big hugs! I hope things ease up on you a little bit!

December 8th, 2011, 12:11 PM
Momma to 2 and one angel
Aww sorry you are so stressed I know how hard its not to be with works and home and everything else. Try to take an easy when you can. I agree talk to your boss about your trip to L&D and mention the contractions ect ect just for those just in case moments. Talking to your boss is not playing the pregnant card at all.

December 8th, 2011, 12:50 PM
-Bailey-'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry Amy
All our babies are too anxious to come already, they need to stay right where they are. I keep telling Aurora her life is SO much easier in there and to stay put!

You definitely sound like you have way too much going on, and a whole lot of stress. If you can't/won't cut back on stuff at work, you need to cut back on other things. I agree with at least talking to your boss. Not everyone at work needs to know what's going on, but I think the boss does. There is a chance you won't be allowed to work at all if things change, or reduce hours/trips/something. He/she should know about it, so they can have some sort of plan in case it happens. And if other people wanna think you're a cry baby pregnant woman, all well, you need to do what's best for you and baby.

Between my DF and bosses they won't LET me work until the doctor tells me it's ok, and it really sucks! If I can still work I know everyone is just gonna constantly baby me and help me with EVERYTHING which drives me crazy!

December 8th, 2011, 10:39 PM
cherry08's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow I thought I had it bad I'm so sorry you have so much on your plate right now and please, vent away! I would definitely talk to your boss, at the very least so that they are aware of what you are going through and maybe you can try to figure out how you can try and take it easy where/when you can. I was at the hospital last week again (seems like I am in there 1-2 times a month lately) and have been really trying to take it easier where I can but I know how hard it is. Take care of yourself and we are always here for you!

December 9th, 2011, 03:29 AM
ETanny's Avatar Mamma 2 Moo & Pops
Send a message via MSN to ETanny
These babies are sure determind to come before their time!

As much as you dont want co-workers to know, I have to agree... I think you at least need to have a word with your boss.

December 9th, 2011, 09:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow I'm tired just reading all that's on your plate!!

I think Your body is telling you to sloow down. Maybe having a chat with your boss is a good idea. Bosses are bosses but they're human and especially if your boss has kids more likely to say to herself hey I remember what the last trimester was like and given the toll it's taking on you, be happy to ease up your workload.

I really hope you do talk to your boss, I don't have half as much going on and I'm exhausted..I can't imagine doing your schedule! Please take care of yourself. You and baby need to come first. HUGS!!
Johnny age 4 born October 8, 2008
SHANE IS HERE!! Born March 1, 2012

Breastfeeding for 8 months now!!

December 9th, 2011, 03:30 PM
dansgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think your body is telling you to slow down as well! I hope things ease up for you!!
December 9th, 2011, 07:48 PM
Dan's wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope you are able to take it easy and the contractions stop. It sounds like you have a ton going on and that would be very stressful, especially right now.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search