Am I making milk???

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 8th, 2011, 07:19 AM
mommy2noelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So the past couple of days, particularly last night, I noticed my breasts feeling very full and heavy. So just now, I touched them and they are ROCK HARD, like they have milk in them...is that possible????

Should I call the doctor? I'm not leaking and when I do "manipulate" them, only clear fluid comes out, but that doesn't really make me feel better.

Is this normal??? Could it be a side effect of the steroids or something? Of course it's making me feel like my baby wants to come...

I just want to be a normal pregnant woman again.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

December 8th, 2011, 07:33 AM
Lovemykiddos!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Lovemykiddos!
Mine are like that too. So I don't think it is a sign of labor I've heard that after your first pregnancy things happen faster or are more noticeable like milk coming in.
December 8th, 2011, 07:51 AM
Oh my goodness! They are of course very sore too...and it's not like I can pump for relief...smh...

Come on 2012....I just want to make it to the new year.

December 8th, 2011, 08:01 AM
I hear u on that!! I feel very lucky that I haven't had my normal problems with this pregnancy. When I talked to my peri at my appt about a tubal ligation he said not to worry about it I till I make it to 28 weeks.....tho this pregnancy it's not looking like it will be hard to do
December 8th, 2011, 08:03 AM
That's good.

I'm just so worried this pregnancy, and I started off so sure that things would go just about as well as they did with DD. But I'll take it one day at a time and just follow docs orders.

December 8th, 2011, 11:05 AM
Momma to 2 and one angel
I am pretty sure its normal. It can happen at any time during pregnancy. But to ease your mind just give your doc a call and ask them about it . Hang in there Nia each day is one day closer.

December 8th, 2011, 11:09 AM
The nurse finally called me back. (I had called right before I made this post). She said it is normal, especially since this is my second baby.

I cannot believe I have to walk around with engorged breasts on top of everything else. I guess at least I don't have to be worried about them being squeezed during intercourse now...seeing as how the shop is closed.

Oh, and I also discovered today that I do indeed have to buy a new breast pump...goodness me! LOL! And no, I didn't test the pump on myself.

December 8th, 2011, 11:36 AM
I'm hoping the state will help me with mine, if I remember correctly the wic program helps pay for a pump....but I could be wrong I'm gonna be asking at my next appt in January
December 8th, 2011, 11:46 AM
brandywk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
man that really sucks! be careful, any stimulation can cause you to release oxytocin and give you contractions!

6lbs 15oz 17.5 inches

Sister to Christian, Madelyn & Samuel

December 8th, 2011, 12:06 PM
Oh I'm not bothering them at all...they just hurt very much. LOL!

I had to put my bra on.

December 8th, 2011, 12:10 PM
-Bailey-'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ugh that sucks Nia!
I've been lucky in the breast department, they hurt whenever touched for like a month and a half but now are perfectly fine...course now that I've said that they're gonna start hurting again I'm sure

December 8th, 2011, 12:21 PM
Conners Mommie +2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What about wearing a sports bra around the house? My breasts were soooooo sore and then I started wearing a sports bra at all times and I haven't been hurting hardly at all!

December 8th, 2011, 12:48 PM
Well yeah, that's why I put on my regular bra. I hadn't needed one on before today.

December 8th, 2011, 04:44 PM
Ok, this went from uncomfortable to insane!!!

And since I can't pump, I'm going to have to do a warm compress...do you guys think even if I did a little hand expression in the shower that would cause contractions?

I just checked my bra and my left breast is leaking like crazy. What's worse is I don't think I have any random bra pads anywhere!

December 8th, 2011, 04:50 PM
-Bailey-'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Obviously I don't know for sure, but I'd say try a warm compress, and if it doesn't help at least try some hand expression.
Maybe feel for contractions the whole time, and if you start to contract or just feel uncomfortable with doing it, stop.

Or call your doctor/hospital and see if there is anything else you can do to help.
Hope you get some relief, and find a substitute pad!

December 8th, 2011, 04:57 PM
I think I'm going to just cut a regular pad in half. LOL! i've done it before.

Doc's office is closed now though...and I don't think the on call would consider this an emergency.

It's just crazy to be THIS full and have no one to suckle. I did google though and saw someone with a similar problem saying hers got better in a few days. I swear it better because I cannot live like this!

December 8th, 2011, 09:39 PM
Super Mommy
Ouch! I would try the warm compresses and talk to the dr. before trying to express anything because of your preterm issues. You might want to talk to a lactation consultant too. I know mine always seemed to have more answers about this kind of stuff than my dr.

December 8th, 2011, 09:49 PM
Well the hand expression didn't work AT ALL!

My breasts are so heavy and uncomfy right now. I'm having a hard time staying asleep. I decided to download the driver software for my printer so I can scan Noelle's pictures tomorrow.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search