HELP!!! I can't kick the habit **UPDATE #12***

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 8th, 2011, 01:30 PM
brandywk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a ob appt today and I'm scared to see what the scale says! I was able to quit smoking (with my 3rd) and I alcohol when I found out I was pregnant this time. But I've NEVER been able to kick my Pepsi habit! Since being pregnant I haven't gone a single day without it. I've always kept it under 4 glasses a day, so I'm not worried about the caffeine intake (although I know that's not good either). I'm more worried about all the calories! If I were to just cut out the Pepsi I drink everyday I would save between 300-600 calories . And then add I can't stop craving magic cookie bars .
Anyone else have a pop or sweet addiction they can't seem to kick?

6lbs 15oz 17.5 inches

Sister to Christian, Madelyn & Samuel

Last edited by brandywk; December 8th, 2011 at 06:40 PM.
December 8th, 2011, 01:43 PM
yugot2h8's Avatar Veteran
Diet Coke and cappucinos

thanks to claire1979 for my gorgeous siggy

December 8th, 2011, 01:46 PM
MissLoki's Avatar Super Mommy
I usually drink a whole lot of diet coke but since I got pregnant I reduced a lot because of the aspartame and since I started having lots of contractions, I quit it altogether.

I sure miss it though

December 8th, 2011, 02:00 PM
ETanny's Avatar Mamma 2 Moo & Pops
Send a message via MSN to ETanny
Pepsi here too... Im sat chugging out of a bottle as we speak. TBH Im not that concerned as its been my only vice this pregnancy.
With Mia I craved chocolate (I know what your thinking but before her I couldnt stand choc so it was genuine!)

December 8th, 2011, 02:08 PM
Momma to 2 and one angel
I have to have some sort of chocolate once a week even tho Im not supposed to because of the GD. I only have a little and only after I prick my finger and my sugar is below 80.

I do miss Sun drop its a soda I miss the caffine ALOT I could use some these days do to school.

December 8th, 2011, 02:58 PM
Thea Maria G's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
oh yea, chocolate, fruit, you name it lol. Just dont look at the scale i made that mistake first time this whole pregnancy lol.

31yr old Working Mama, MBA Graduate, Married Proud Mama of April Gabrielle E.
December 8th, 2011, 03:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ugh yes I love my pepsi I allow myself 1-2 cans a day which with dd I stopped drinking pop completely so I feel guilty but I get horrible headaches without caffeine and I love chocolate

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w.../ryderlee1.gif
December 8th, 2011, 04:58 PM
-Bailey-'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Honestly soda was pretty easy for me to give up, I didn't drink a lot beforehand, and I can make a can of soda last all day if I want to.
I've really only had a hard time with remembering I'm not supposed to eat certain things.

Maybe just try cutting it out a glass at a time, or half a glass? Or up drinking other fluids that are better for you so you're too full on those liquids to want a pepsi?

December 8th, 2011, 05:47 PM
Super Mommy
yep, I normally allow myself one glass a day....today hubby took me out to dinner and they had the most amazing smelling coffee......so I had that instead......I used to drink soda all day long and always started my day with a large coffee.....now no coffee and one soda.....not too bad tho.

December 8th, 2011, 05:48 PM
Dan's wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've been drinking root beer. I'm trying not to drink caffeine and I got tired of sprite, sierra mist and all those clear pops so I switched to root beer. I've been able to keep it to a can a day.

December 8th, 2011, 06:34 PM
Super Mommy
I am a pepsi fanatic- my family laughs at me over this. When I was pregnant with ds#1 I used to dream of pepsi cans chasing me down the street. I try to stick to 1-2 a day but I am not always faithful. I usually only put a couple cans in the fridge thou I have been known to drink it warm.
December 8th, 2011, 06:39 PM
brandywk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I tried pesi zero............. YUCK! But good news at the doc.. gained 5lbs this month (not too bad)

6lbs 15oz 17.5 inches

Sister to Christian, Madelyn & Samuel

December 8th, 2011, 10:24 PM
cherry08's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have 1 coke can a day, sometimes 2 - it's my weakness for sure

December 9th, 2011, 08:18 AM
Lovemykiddos!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Lovemykiddos!
Cappuccinos are my life staple lol the cheap ones from gas stations r my favorite I know they probably have too much caffeine and sugar but I just can't help it.
December 9th, 2011, 08:23 AM
mommy2noelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Rachael...that's just plain nasty. LOL!!!!!

Yes, coffee with cream and sugar is the one thing I've refused to give up. Yesterday I bought some peppermint mocha creamer by coffeemate. Pretty yummy! But other than my coffee, I only drink water.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

December 9th, 2011, 08:26 AM
Lovemykiddos!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Lovemykiddos!
Oh Nia, my husbands work has one that is buttered rum it tastes like a buttered rum candy but warm and coffeeish......I'm in love with it haha
December 9th, 2011, 09:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
That's great! And you know, kicking smokes is sooo hard (Did it three times already lol. My problem is staying quit after baby comes) I think indulging in some pop is nothing to worry about. Myself I refused to give up coffee. I drink just one a day (plus the occasional tea as well) but it's an extra large so probably more equal to 2 coffees. With lots of cream and sugar of course

With all we have to give up, I figure some caffeine is just fine. So don't be hard on yourself, even if you do gain some weight well your supposed to especially now. I don't want to even look at the scale lol, all it makes me think is if I weigh this much now what the heck will I weigh in a few months?? I'll probably need a truck scale by then to weigh myself :/ But as long as baby's ok I don't care
Johnny age 4 born October 8, 2008
SHANE IS HERE!! Born March 1, 2012

Breastfeeding for 8 months now!!

December 9th, 2011, 09:57 AM
mommy2noelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
LOL Rachael! Ok, I believe you.

Jodie, no kidding on the smoking...breastfeeding helps me keep smoking at bay for a while, but at some point, I go back. This time, I'm going to try really hard not to...not even socially. It's a filthy habit, D doesn't like it, and I don't want my kids to pick it up either.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

December 9th, 2011, 10:55 AM
yugot2h8's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemykiddos! View Post
Cappuccinos are my life staple lol the cheap ones from gas stations r my favorite I know they probably have too much caffeine and sugar but I just can't help it.
Me too. $1.37 and I could drink them all day. French vanilla flavor.

I have managed not to have one all week though

thanks to claire1979 for my gorgeous siggy

December 9th, 2011, 11:32 AM
KimiB's Avatar Super Mommy
For whatever reason, I can't get enough pop/juice/sugary beverages all through this pregnancy. Water is okay at work but I'm still obsessed with the sugary crap. I wasn't like that at all before this. And I know it's hurting my results on the scale. ugh!

~*Kimi*~
Proud mama of Avery, born March 19, 2012, 6lbs 5 oz, 19 inches

Please check out my blog: http://familybirdsnest.blogspot.com

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search