Doctors Appointment Update

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 8th, 2011, 03:37 PM
-Bailey-'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So I had my doctors appointment today.

She said everything looks good, and to not worry too much about the positive FFN since it's not too terribly accurate. I have to schedule an ultrasound before Tuesday [which is when my next doctors appointment is] to look at my cervical length and what not. Not too excited about it, since my insurance doesn't cover ultrasounds and they are about 450$ a piece

As far as work restrictions she said I'm ok to work for now, but if I start to get cramps or contractions I have to stop and relax. I also can't lift more than 20 pounds, which means I can't do my current job anymore really sucks because now I will be working more hours [in the morning, ugh!] for less money. But at least I can still work. I'll be doing prep work in the back of the house [which I would prefer to do anyways, I HATE front of the house] and I start next week.

Though my dad did say it might be worthwhile to look into disability, since I'll be getting a serious pay cut, and they don't have any position I can work that will allow me to make near what I do now. So does anyone know how this works?

Had to go into L&D to get the betamethasone shot in my other butt cheek. This one hurt WAY worse, I think cause it was a different person. There should be a seminar or something all doctors and nurses and whatnot are required to take on giving less painful shots! It's possible, I know it is. Also did another NST for 20 minutes, still no more contractions and Aurora was moving like crazy as usual. I swear she knows when that thing is on her cause she kicks it all the time haha.

December 8th, 2011, 05:18 PM
mommy2noelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad your doctor was a bit more optimistic.

Hope your cervix is good too, because perhaps that makes all the difference in these situations.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

December 8th, 2011, 05:33 PM
kdrew88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You might want to call your insurance company about covering the ultrasounds. Most insurance companies do not cover them unless they are medically necessary, which yours certainly are. It depends on how the Dr's code them. At least that is the way I understand it.

First Time Mommy to Tatum Elaine born March 10th, 2012. 8 lbs, 9 oz, 21 inches long
December 8th, 2011, 05:50 PM
mommy2noelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes that too Heather. I meant to address that, but I'm a terrible multi tasker. I cannot even begin to imagine what my pregnancy is going to cost this time around.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

December 8th, 2011, 05:57 PM
brandywk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ditto to what Kelly said!! That would really suck to have to pay that! And get that disability pay! I don't know how it works exactly, but I would certainly look into it.

6lbs 15oz 17.5 inches

Sister to Christian, Madelyn & Samuel

December 8th, 2011, 07:30 PM
Thea Maria G's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
that sucks about the ultrasound and it not being covered..wow

31yr old Working Mama, MBA Graduate, Married Proud Mama of April Gabrielle E.
December 8th, 2011, 07:35 PM
chapsgirl07's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad to hear some good news!

Stinks that insurance won't cover you.....mine won't cover ANYTHING maternity related.

December 8th, 2011, 09:11 PM
Super Mommy
Sorry to hear about the extra financial burdens.
Glad your cervix and everything else look good. I don't know anything about the disability, but I would definitely look into it.

December 9th, 2011, 12:04 AM
-Bailey-'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nia-
That's what I'm starting to think too, the cervix is what makes the difference in most things preterm labor related. I'm hoping everything measures fine for sure!

Kelly-
I'll try, but when my mom called [I'm under her insurance] to figure out a bunch of other stuff they said they cover everything but lab work and ultrasounds. I would think lab work would be considered necessary, but maybe not?
I'll have her call again anyways, since I've been meaning to see if I could change my address with the hospital finally. They have me down as living with my parents [an hour away from the hospital I think they only buy it since I work in the same town haha] cause we weren't sure if I'd still be covered outside of their house.

Nia [again]-
Yeah, this is gonna cost me a pretty penny. Since I'm under my mom's insurance, and it covers the whole family, our deductible is 3000$...at least we all get [mostly] free medical care the rest of the year? I'm so taking advantage of it allll year after I give birth haha.

Laura-
That is just ridiculous it doesn't cover anything!

December 9th, 2011, 06:50 AM
Lovemykiddos!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Lovemykiddos!
Glad things r looking good so far.....hope they stay that way!! Sorry about the ultrasound cost!! Is there anyway to see if a different clinic could do it for cheaper??
December 9th, 2011, 07:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad things are looking good! I would definitely put some pressure on the insurance company to cover the ultrasound. We have universal health care here in Canada (thank God or I'd have to deliver the baby myself lol) so I'm not sure how it works but I'd say if it's medically necessary there should definitely be an exception made. And for sure look into the disability, it could help keep you making the same money and not struggle with a big pay cut.

FX the u/s goes great and your little princess stays put
Johnny age 4 born October 8, 2008
SHANE IS HERE!! Born March 1, 2012

Breastfeeding for 8 months now!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search