Sick

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 8th, 2011, 10:51 PM
yugot2h8's Avatar Veteran
When you all get sick while pregnant, do you go to your OB or a family doctor?

My regular doctor is in my hometown which is an hour and a half away from here, and I HATE going to the urgent care clinic here because it takes sooo long to get in.

I feel awful, every time I cough my throat feels like it's on fire. Ugh. I don't have a fever, and normally I don't go to the doctor unless I have a fever but now I am worried it is something that could affect the baby.

thanks to claire1979 for my gorgeous siggy

December 8th, 2011, 10:56 PM
mommy2noelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I go to my regular doctor, because I know the OB can't really help with that kind of stuff.

Be careful because strep comes on hard and fast...I guess it wouldn't hurt to call the ob though and see what they say.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

December 8th, 2011, 11:03 PM
Super Mommy
Knock on wood... I haven't had this issue, but I would assume your regular dr. is who would do a strep test and stuff. I would probably call my ob too though. Hope you get better quickly!

December 8th, 2011, 11:49 PM
Momma to 2 and one angel
If its the cold I had that sounds like the first day of it really and it goes and the sore thoat goes away the next but you still have the head cold and cough. I got over it on musinex for cough, tylonal and plain nose spray. its a doozy. So lots of fluids are a must.

Feel better soon. being sick while pregnant SUCKS

December 9th, 2011, 12:20 AM
-Bailey-'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would go to your regular doctor, since they're gonna know more in general. I would assume they honestly should know if it's safe to take while pregnant or not also. If they prescribe you anything, or suggest something over the counter maybe call and check with your OB beforehand to make sure it's ok.

Hope you feel better

December 9th, 2011, 08:03 AM
Lovemykiddos!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Lovemykiddos!
I went to my FP when I was sick
December 9th, 2011, 07:11 PM
Veteran
When I started gettiing all the sinus issues I thought it was just that, a stuffy nose So I just went to the OB for advise on things I can take OTC, after 2 weeks of not being able to work, I finally got a primary and they suggested the nasal spray and wrote me a script for it.

Than a few days later my asthma kicked in and I went to the urgent care clinic and found out it was an infection. No matter what the primary/urgent care writes a script for I ALWAYS clear it with my OB before I start taking it, especially when the antibiotics and steroids came into play.

I say if you have the insurance to cover it, use it. If you don't see about medicaid, all pregnant women in the US that doesn't have insurance are automatically covered for medicaid. It's the first form I filled out now I have free health care, not even co pays.
December 9th, 2011, 08:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Feel better.

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w.../ryderlee1.gif
December 10th, 2011, 07:54 AM
mythreesons's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would go to your primary. They deal with all non pregnancy related things.

I hope you feel better soon!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my wonderful siggy!

Me: Kristine

December 10th, 2011, 10:01 AM
MommaTrish's Avatar bless your heart
Send a message via Yahoo to MommaTrish
I've always gone to my primary while sick and pregnant, and I've been battling the cold from hell for a week, PLUS losing my voice. My mom told me Tuesday to be sure to tell my doctor at my appointment about it. ((OB appointment)) They told me if I'm not feeling better by Monday to come in for a throat swab and some antibiotics.
mom of: Zach (10), Ryan (8), Bella (5), Mason (2), and pollywog #5 due 12/04/14
December 10th, 2011, 10:50 AM
Super Mommy
Do you have a 'minute clinic' that might be easier to get into? I just use the urgent care here because the regular doc isn't in every day.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search