Christmas parades

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 9th, 2011, 02:05 PM
Conners Mommie +2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Has anyone been to any Christmas parades or plan to go to any this season?

December 9th, 2011, 04:02 PM
Pregnant with #2
Send a message via Skype™ to Mandy1108
I love parades! Phil not so much haha But I drag him to them usually and hes a good sport about it. But in the winter I usually dont do parades..I dont like the cold well enough..lol But I do the 4th of July parades

December 9th, 2011, 04:38 PM
Momma to 2 and one angel
My kids are going to a big one tommorow with my MIL and FIL. I would go with them but I have a huge legal research project due tommorow at midnight not to mention finals all next week arggg lol

I am takeing the boys to a thing up the street in the morning santa is gonna be there.

December 9th, 2011, 04:49 PM
mommy2noelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ummm, I wouldn't know where to find a Christmas parade in this city. LOL!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

December 9th, 2011, 06:11 PM
-Bailey-'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
There is such a thing as Christmas parades?
interesting...

December 9th, 2011, 06:38 PM
yugot2h8's Avatar Veteran
Our Christmas parade was the first Saturday of the month and I had to work. I don't think I would have gone anyway because I don't like big crowds. I'm trying to save all that up for when the baby is here.

thanks to claire1979 for my gorgeous siggy

December 10th, 2011, 07:57 AM
mythreesons's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
There is such a thing as Christmas parades?
I didn't know there were any either.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my wonderful siggy!

Me: Kristine

December 10th, 2011, 08:08 AM
Conners Mommie +2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Are yall serious about no christmas parades?? I dont know where everyone is from, but maybe its a southern thing??? Every flipping town around here has one. We went to our city's parade because conner's boy scout troop was in it and then we went to one for the city my in laws live in. To me, its mainly a car show with lights on them and they throw candy out for the kids.....but the kids like them so we take them. And they think its cool to see santa at the end!!

December 10th, 2011, 08:42 AM
mommy2noelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Santa does ride around on the back of the fire truck sometimes, but there's no full blown parade...but I live in a suburb of DC, so I'm guessing it's not a city thing.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

December 10th, 2011, 08:47 AM
Pregnant with #2
Send a message via Skype™ to Mandy1108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conners Mommie +2 View Post
Are yall serious about no christmas parades?? I dont know where everyone is from, but maybe its a southern thing??? Every flipping town around here has one. We went to our city's parade because conner's boy scout troop was in it and then we went to one for the city my in laws live in. To me, its mainly a car show with lights on them and they throw candy out for the kids.....but the kids like them so we take them. And they think its cool to see santa at the end!!
Yea we have parades here for Christmas and 4th of July! I go to the 4th of July but not the Christmas ones....too cold for me lol

December 10th, 2011, 09:07 AM
Chelbell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We had a big one last week called the parade of lights. Today there are two winter festivals nearby with Santa, crafts for kids, ice skating, yummy food, then lights and fireworks tonight. We are getting Jaxon's holiday pictures taken then we might check it out...depending on DH's mood:/
Chelsey, mom to Jaxon(3), Zachary(1), and expecting #3 11/11/13

December 10th, 2011, 04:35 PM
txranchmom's Avatar Country Momma to the Core
We'll prob go watch the one in our small town this year. It's a lighted one. I'll be sobbing, I'm sure, cause I'm usually IN it with my mini and cart, and can't this year.
December 10th, 2011, 05:38 PM
-Bailey-'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conners Mommie +2 View Post
Maybe?
I think it'd be too cold up here for many people to want to go stand outside in the cold for a couple hours. Not to mention it's likely we could have some crazy snowstorm in the middle of it all...

December 10th, 2011, 06:11 PM
txranchmom's Avatar Country Momma to the Core
lol I'm in the south, and we don't have 'em really. My small town has one, but that's about the only parade they have other than the homecoming one.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search