Double digits

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 10th, 2011, 09:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yay! I've finally made it to double digits 99 days left and counting. Just one of the many milestones I get excited about. I know sone of you have been in double digits for awhile but what are some other milestones you're looking forward too? For me being a nicu nurse I know making it to 30 weeks is a big deal, then 36 is exciting cause feeding shouldn't be such an issue. Then 37 weeks and you can think anyway now so exciting

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w.../ryderlee1.gif
December 10th, 2011, 09:52 AM
mommy2noelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What's the difference between 28 weeks and 30 weeks?

Me, I'm just looking to make it as far as I can...I'm perfectly happy with 35 weeks even.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

December 10th, 2011, 10:04 AM
mythreesons's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
YAY for double digits! It is amazing how much closer it is getting!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my wonderful siggy!

Me: Kristine

December 10th, 2011, 10:46 AM
Super Mommy
When you said double digits I automatically thought about my weight (I am at 9 lbs).
December 10th, 2011, 11:04 AM
Lovemykiddos!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Lovemykiddos!
I still have more than 99 days till my due date, but I know I will be induced somewhere between 37-38 weeks so Im in double digits too!!

Nia the chance of survival goes up to like 90% at 30 weeks. So that's the difference.
December 10th, 2011, 11:43 AM
luvmykids623's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Woohoo!!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

December 10th, 2011, 12:06 PM
Super Mommy
I know we are all getting so far along. I don't know if it is because this is my 3rd, but it is just really flying by. I hope I still feel that way in a couple of weeks!

December 10th, 2011, 12:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Nia chance of survival is much greater at 30 weeks due to increased surfactant production in their lungs. The odds of the baby needing a ventilator is less or if needed won't be for as long. As well as chances for brain bleeds which happens frequently with very premature babies is less after 30 weeks.

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w.../ryderlee1.gif
December 10th, 2011, 01:47 PM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
I have only about 59 days left until my induction! It's crazy!!
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
December 10th, 2011, 02:57 PM
mommy2noelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks Amanda!

Beth, hopefully with your scheduled induction, you will be the only early baby we have...oh wait, Rhietta's going pretty early too.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

December 10th, 2011, 04:37 PM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
I hope so, I'm already nervous that I'm being induced 4 weeks early. At least I'll have the amnio first so my induction may not happen that early if he isn't ready to come out.

Plus I'm due right at the beginning of March, so early February isn't as bad as someone due at the end of March having a baby at the same time. This is the first DDC I've been a part of that didn't have a 24 weeker.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
December 10th, 2011, 05:35 PM
-Bailey-'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I thought the chance of survival was at 90% at 27/28 weeks? I know I looked it up after I found out I had a chance of preterm labor...

Anyways:
I'm excited to hit 30 weeks, only 10 weeks left after that!
And to hit 37 weeks, cause then I don't have to worry AT ALL about this girl coming early

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search