What is wrong with people?!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 10th, 2011, 08:47 AM
mommy2noelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So the whole stroller thing...my mom and sis and MIL think I should wait. Mom seems to think the deal is not worth it...

Sis seems to feel the same way. Told me that it seems I made up my mind on it already so why did I ask...then proceeded to tell me that the way I took how she sounded must have been my imagination or something and basically hung up on me.

My aunt, who will be on my side of town today won't go pick up Noelle's layaway for me because she doesn't feel like standing in the layaway line.

MIL is afraid that the baby may not make it so she thinks I should wait until the end of January to buy it. I keep trying to explain to everyone that the baby would essentially be fine if he was born now...just a long hospital stay.

What is wrong with people????? Now I have a pounding headache.

I feel so heavily unsupported right now. I just don't know. Yeah...I'm going to order it and just move forward. But really...what is wrong with folks? Sorry...I'm just venting and maybe it's just the stress of this week in general, which I don't think people understand.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

December 10th, 2011, 09:54 AM
Super Mommy
I'm sorry that they aren't being so nice. I vote on just ordering it online.... Who will go get the layaway for you? Take a deep breath and let their emotions and problems go.
December 10th, 2011, 10:01 AM
Lovemykiddos!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Lovemykiddos!
Wow I'm sorry. I'm more sorry that they don't think the baby will make it. U r almost 28 weeks and things r looking good so far so baby is fine. Don't let them get to you. ((((hugs))))

Is there anyone else u can ask to go pick up your layaway?

Edited cuz omg there were a lot of errors. The post didn't even make sense!!

Last edited by Lovemykiddos!; December 10th, 2011 at 11:18 AM.
December 10th, 2011, 10:02 AM
Super Mommy
Good grief.......I'm so sorry Nia. I say order it and try to forget about their negativity. I'm sorry they're not being more supportive. (((HUGS)))

December 10th, 2011, 10:11 AM
kdrew88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow, so sorry they are being unsupportive. I would probably burst into tears if someone told me to not buy something because they didn't think my baby would make it. That is so insensitive and rude! Yikes!

Hope you can get someone to pick up the layaway for you and that your family starts being more supportive!

First Time Mommy to Tatum Elaine born March 10th, 2012. 8 lbs, 9 oz, 21 inches long
December 10th, 2011, 10:31 AM
luvmykids623's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry they're being unsupportive. I would go ahead and order it. I wish I lived closer to you. I would go pick up your layaway. Family is such a pain sometimes!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

December 10th, 2011, 11:10 AM
woohoo502's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry your family is being so unsupportive. They should have gotten over themselves by now.

December 10th, 2011, 11:19 AM
Super Mommy
Are they telling you not to do it because they may get it for you as a surprise? If not I wouldn't worry about them. It is your money and who cares! The baby comment is a little harsh Just try to tune them out and focus on all of your wonderful blessings

December 10th, 2011, 01:41 PM
Ashley, I seriously doubt they're telling me not to get it because they may get it. The only person who would buy me something that big is D's mom. For all her crap, she is all about making sure her grandkids have what they need.

I think they all really just think it's too early or something...but considering how things are going, it's safe to say that baby will probably come before his March 6th due date. But I guess them not understanding modern medicine...I mean, when I first told my mom what was going on, she says "so do the docs think you'll miscarry?" I was like WHAT?! I said, no, it wouldn't be a miscarriage, I'd have a preemie. Really?

My plan originally anyway was to start shoppping next month, so what's a couple of weeks?

Oh, the layaway...I guess I'm gonna have to do what I always do and do it myself. You would think after an adulthood of being self-sufficient I'd be used to it by now, but I guess I keep hoping people would do something different.

But nope...

December 10th, 2011, 03:51 PM
txranchmom's Avatar Country Momma to the Core
Aww all I can say is hugs lady! ((HUGS)) Don't stress too much, and make your whole condition worse. They'll come around, a lot of the old timers, don't understand the new medicine stuff, I've foudn out. My mom can be that way too.
December 10th, 2011, 04:13 PM
-Bailey-'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow that is a really cruel thing to say.
When I had my little scare I had a day or two of worrying about "well what if baby comes too early and doesn't make it?" but if anyone had SAID that to me I would've gone ballistic on them.

I'm sorry they aren't being supportive of you! Cheer up Nia, no stress!

December 10th, 2011, 04:23 PM
I did flip out on D's mom and she was very quiet...like she didn't know what to say. But that's ok. I've spent most of today making a very detailed and priced list of what I need and am now going to lay out my budget. Only $800 for everything I need, including a breastpump, so that's awesome.

December 10th, 2011, 04:27 PM
Maybe it's wrong for me to think this, but I'm glad you flipped out on her. That's just...ugh...how could you say that to someone?

Awesome that you've figured it all out, that's gotta take a bit of stress off of ya...are you getting an electric pump?

December 10th, 2011, 04:40 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Sorry it seems everyone is bing insensitive. That was a terrible comment about the baby not making it. ((((hugs)))) I'd go pick your layaway up too if I lived by you.
#12 is on the way
December 10th, 2011, 04:47 PM
Thanks guys!

Heather, I think electric is the only way to go...especially if you want to give breastmilk for an extended period. I don't know what exactly happened with my old one, but it was giving out when I got towards the end of nursing with DD, so I'm going to get a new one. IMO, Medela is best. I honestly don't know what other brands there are, but from what I've heard from some friends, the suction's no where near as good on some others...and renting is a waste of money for me.

December 10th, 2011, 05:49 PM
Good to know Nia. I know I want a breast pump, even though I won't be going back to work. But since I won't need to pump a lot, just for a bottle once in awhile, I'm really debating between manual and electric...

December 10th, 2011, 06:04 PM
There are some pretty reliable manuals out there. If you're not going to NEED to pump regularly, definitely don't invest in an electric pump, IMO. I had a manual that I used for traveling and it worked pretty good. I could empty one breast in 10 minutes or so (about 5 oz).

December 10th, 2011, 10:23 PM
What kinda manual pump did you have?
20 minutes or so doesn't sound so bad, especially considering it's not gonna be an every day thing. Some people make it out to be this horrible, hour long task every single time with the manual...

December 11th, 2011, 05:20 AM
It's really not Heather. LOL! I think I had the one they sell at Target...The First Years? I don't see it on their site anymore though.

From reviews that I've been reading (because I'm going to start with a manual this time so I don't have to cough up the $300 right away), the Avent pump is good...but I'm also seeing reviews on Target's site that the Lansinoh manual is good too...and it's cheaper than the Avent.

December 11th, 2011, 11:11 PM
That makes me so much more optimistic haha
I'll have to start really looking around now....

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search