Wasn't the stroller, but...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 11th, 2011, 10:58 AM
mommy2noelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just ordered some baby clothes from Carters. They do free shipping over $50 (Score!), lol! So there's incentive to order one more thing.

Here's what I got:

Microfleece Zip-Up Sleep & Play | Little Layette Baby Boy Blue

Microfleece Zip-Up Sleep & Play

2-Pack Sleeper Gowns | Little Layette Take-me-Home Sets

4-Piece Sleep & Play Set | Little Layette Take-me-Home Sets

3-Piece Microfleece Hooded Cardigan Set

I think that's all of them.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

December 11th, 2011, 11:27 AM
Thea Maria G's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
awww i love little ppl clothes. I thinks this girl will be long so im confused on what to bring her home in....

31yr old Working Mama, MBA Graduate, Married Proud Mama of April Gabrielle E.
December 11th, 2011, 11:36 AM
Noelle was 20", which I guess is "average". But I know my sis ended up buying her a few newborn sleepers, because the 0-3 months seemed to swallow her up. This boy is already measuring a bit big, so I'm hesitant to buy him anything other than 0-3 months. I may buy a couple of things in the store, just in case though.

December 11th, 2011, 11:36 AM
Thea Maria G's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
now im back on Carters

31yr old Working Mama, MBA Graduate, Married Proud Mama of April Gabrielle E.
December 11th, 2011, 11:38 AM
WhoaMomma!'s Avatar Danielle
I'm always amazed when people are able to skip the NB clothing sizes entirely. Claire was aaaaaaalmost 4 months old when she moved up to 0-3 so I can't even fathom a newborn baby that big

My daughter is perfect, but her birth was not. If you or someone you love is struggling to cope with a traumatic childbirth experience, please visit http://www.solaceformothers.org/
December 11th, 2011, 11:48 AM
LOL Thea!!!! You should just stop reading my posts.

Oh no Danielle...By a month, I'm gonna say, Noelle was wearing 0-3 months in just about every brand.

December 11th, 2011, 12:44 PM
Conners Mommie +2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I Carters!!!

December 11th, 2011, 01:03 PM
I'm finding it kind of silly how nervous I was about buying boys clothes...I just needed to step outside of my Target/Walmart comfort zones. Carters has some great looking stuff for boys.

And I have a friend who's going to check out the rest of the stuff she has from her son and ship it to me...she's a label girl, but that's cool...just means a full wardrobe for my little man.

December 11th, 2011, 03:48 PM
woohoo502's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Cute! I have bought a few things for this little guy. I have some stuff I saved from DD that was gender neutral. I really am pretty much set, but I want a few more newborn sleepers, and I'm sure I will find some other odds and ends. I know our families will buy clothes too, but I like to buy at least some of my own stuff, because then I know we will have at least some things I like. My MIL and I don't always see eye to eye on clothes.

I want to go to the Carter's outlet by me, but I am going to wait until the madness of Christmas shoppers is over.

December 11th, 2011, 05:49 PM
player1023's Avatar Veteran
That was a score I think i am going to check out the site and see what I can buy!
December 11th, 2011, 05:53 PM
Well you know there will be no outlet shopping for me anytime soon...so online will have to do.

I'm also thinking I don't want to have a shower (due to yesterday's fiasco), so I'm starting my purchases. I did $60 I think for this order and I think I did pretty good. I'd rather go into Target to get the rest of my basics, so hopefully I get a good report from the doctor tomorrow...but I'm breaking everything up by check.

December 11th, 2011, 06:01 PM
kdrew88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've had more success at Target online than in the actual store as far as sale items and decent prices in general. I got a bunch of summer stuff on clearance (perfect for next summer!) and I found a free shipping and extra $5 off code. I also did pretty well at The Children's Place. They are running an extra 25% off sale items.

First Time Mommy to Tatum Elaine born March 10th, 2012. 8 lbs, 9 oz, 21 inches long
December 11th, 2011, 06:07 PM
I don't want clothes right now Kelly, because for the first month, it'll still be winter and I won't really be going anywhere, so I'm just looking for basic layette items. I've looked online at Target and it'll just be easier (and more gratifying) to get them in the store the next time I can go.

I checked Children's Place today and they didn't have any 0-3 months left in what I liked.

Layette is a necessity, and you'll hardly ever find the multipacks of onesies and sleepers, etc on sale.

December 11th, 2011, 06:11 PM
kdrew88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What is layette? Does that just mean onesies and sleepers? That type of thing?

I got some onesies with shorts, skirts, and a few dresses for next summer b/c it's ridiculously hot here in TX. I can't imagine poor baby having to be in sleepers when I take her out and about in that heat.

I have a few more sleep gowns, sleep and play outfits, and onesies on my registry so I'm hoping to get some at my shower in January. I saw that you were considering cancelling your sprinkle (which is the same day as my shower, btw!). I really hope you don't cancel it. Baby should be celebrated and you deserve to be pampered!

First Time Mommy to Tatum Elaine born March 10th, 2012. 8 lbs, 9 oz, 21 inches long
December 11th, 2011, 07:00 PM
Yep...layette is some fancy word for the onesies, sleepers, hat, booties, etc. LOL!

Noelle wore nothing but onesies when she was born. She was born at the beginning of June. DC summers aren't anything to sniff at either...we get Iheat and nasty humidity...stupid swamp. LOL! But, in the house, with the a/c on, she did wear thin sleepers. I hate being hot so my air is always on low.

I'm not forcing anyone to celebrate my baby. Plus with everything that's going on, no one except my bff has even offered to do it and she can't do it by herself. I'm just tired of my family.

December 11th, 2011, 10:27 PM
-Bailey-'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope you can still get a good sprinkle Nia! I know how you feel about not wanting to force anybody though.

I'm so stuck on clothes now because she's gonna be born in an in between season. So one day could be freezing cold, and one day could be burning hot. Heck, one HOUR could be cold, and the next hot. And I tried to buy some clothes in the 3-6 range [cause I needed my baby fix and we have enough 0-3] but it'll be summer then and all they are selling here now is winter crap because of course, it's winter. Eh, at least it's keeping me from spending the money haha.

December 11th, 2011, 10:33 PM
Beeker's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love Carters! We find a TON of name brand stuff for super chap at Ross and Marshalls. We got a bunch of stuff today. OMG. SO cute.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search