As seen on TV

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 11th, 2011, 07:41 PM
Conners Mommie +2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Have you ever bought any of the as seen on tv junk? What works or doesn't work?

December 11th, 2011, 10:37 PM
Momma to 2 and one angel
haha I bought the female shake weight its works I can feel the burn. I do feel like a moron doing it tho so I do it alone well when I was useing it daily lol

December 11th, 2011, 10:38 PM
Beeker's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My mom used to buy EVERYTHING workout related. She finally stopped thank GOD. But it was funny. We really don't buy as seen as TV stuff. No reason, just don't.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!!
December 11th, 2011, 11:03 PM
Super Mommy
I don't think I have ever. I bought my dad the ped egg one year and he loves it

December 11th, 2011, 11:16 PM
-Bailey-'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know we've gotten some of that kinda stuff for Christmas and what not, but I can't remember exactly. I totally have Blendy Pens [yes, I got them when I was like 18/19 years old...and yes, I colored every single page it came with] they are sweet

DF had a shakeweight...which I made fun of him excessively for when we first started dating. He says it works really well though. Still, I'd never use it...

December 12th, 2011, 05:22 AM
KimberlyAnn327's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
2 of my kids have pillow pets. I think that's it and actually my parents got them as gifts for the kids. And now you can buy them in stores. My kids are always asking for stuff but it's so overpriced.

December 12th, 2011, 05:27 AM
Lovemykiddos!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Lovemykiddos!
I have a ped egg and love it. But really sr scholls makes one just like it without the tv logo hype lol.

I really want an ahhh bra, my poor boobs have gone from a 32AA to a 34D I would live to see if it offers as much comfort as the commercial claims.
December 12th, 2011, 05:50 AM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
I know there have been a couple things over the years - we never order them from TV, but once they hit stores we sometimes pick stuff up. I can't say what, other than Eric's Pillow Pet, started out as an As Seen on TV thing.

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
December 12th, 2011, 08:10 AM
Conners Mommie +2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Only thing I can think of off the top of my head is we have a snuggie....oh, and a perfect brownie pan. Both worked as it said they would

December 12th, 2011, 08:17 AM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
I bought Chris a ped egg. He uses it all the time and loves it!
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
December 12th, 2011, 08:26 AM
txranchmom's Avatar Country Momma to the Core
I've bought a few things here and there, some isn't junk. Got the meat load pan and it works. My MIL has the Eggies things and she said that although they are a pain to clean they work. Ummm trying to think of what else? I've gotten several things.
December 12th, 2011, 09:39 AM
Thea Maria G's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I keep seeing this "Baby bullet system" kinda want to try it but...

31yr old Working Mama, MBA Graduate, Married Proud Mama of April Gabrielle E.
December 12th, 2011, 09:49 AM
yugot2h8's Avatar Veteran
Oxyclean works okay....I haven't tried it on like a wine stain or anything but it does work if somebody tracks mud or something on the carpet and I use it to wash my boyfriends work uniforms because they get pretty dirty sometimes.

I didn't buy it from TV though, it's in stores now.

thanks to claire1979 for my gorgeous siggy

December 13th, 2011, 03:45 AM
Taz38's Avatar Proud Mommy
I have the smartware baking set. It's the "rubber" baking pans - they're pretty good. I like to run everything in the dishwasher and they never come out spotless - argh.

I also have the flavorwave oven - the huge glass cooking contraption that uses infrared, convection, and some other form of heat to cook the food. It works really well and is such a lifesaver when you forgot to take meat out to defrost.
December 13th, 2011, 05:25 AM
Dizzi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We've gotten a few things as gifts that were 'As Seen On TV' and we've bought a few things once they hit the store, never off the TV itself..

Now that you ask, though, I can't think of too many!! The kids do have pillow pets.. We've tried oxi-clean.. My husband got one of those shake flashlights one year (no batteries required, just shake it and it lights up).. Hmm.. I can't think of what else but they all worked as advertised.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search