HELP lol! CDing

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 11th, 2011, 09:15 PM
pixiedust012404's Avatar Lovin my baby girl
Okay, so DH & I are thinking about CDing at home (daycare won't do CD) and I am sooooo lost lol!! I thought about gDiapers but for every 1 good review I've read, I have read 10 bad ones. I think I'd want use pocket diapers but again am so lost on what's the best diaper, what's the easiest and all of that. Plus I have no idea haow much of anything I should get.

So any help on just the basic's of CDing??
Best diapers??
Best inserts??
And how much of everything (she'll be in Daycare about 36-40 hrs a week)??

ANY advice would be lovely!! I should add that I'd like to go a somewhat inexpensive route too.

I did check out the CD forum on JM, and it was pretty helpful but I'm still lost lol.

thank you jaidynsmum for my siggie!

Last edited by pixiedust012404; December 11th, 2011 at 09:18 PM.
December 11th, 2011, 10:33 PM
Momma to 2 and one angel
I love love love pocket diapers. Some are one size fits all so they get alot of use out of them.

I suggest looking for a sample pack of different types and see what you like best.

If you do prefolds and covers then I suggest a thing called a snappi so much easier than pins

I never understood why daycares wont do CD all they would have to do it change diaper put dirty diaper in provided wet bag and hand it over to you when you pick baby up. ehhh

December 11th, 2011, 10:37 PM
Beeker's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My cousin CDs. She has the Bum Genius Pockets. She said it super easy and she has like 25.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!!
December 12th, 2011, 08:06 AM
MommaTrish's Avatar bless your heart
Send a message via Yahoo to MommaTrish
Why don't you check out this post. It almost won me over to CDing.
snips and snails and sugar and spice: cloth diapering for the rest of us
mom of: Zach (10), Ryan (8), Bella (5), Mason (2), and pollywog #5 due 12/04/14
December 12th, 2011, 09:19 AM
Veteran
I tried just about everything with my second son and hated microfiber (it retained smell no matter what I did) - usually pocket diapers have microfiber inserts.

This time I stayed super cheap and we're going to use prefolds and one-size covers. I waited for sales and bought a bunch of flip diaper covers and gro-via diaper covers. The newborn prefolds can later be used as doublers once we're using the infant sized prefolds.

It's really trial & error when you start. I would get a few different of the cheaper options and if it doesn't work for you try something more expensive.

Last edited by Georgialee; December 12th, 2011 at 12:45 PM.
December 12th, 2011, 09:38 AM
Thea Maria G's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Whats "CD"ing?

31yr old Working Mama, MBA Graduate, Married Proud Mama of April Gabrielle E.
December 12th, 2011, 09:59 AM
MommaTrish's Avatar bless your heart
Send a message via Yahoo to MommaTrish
cloth diapering
mom of: Zach (10), Ryan (8), Bella (5), Mason (2), and pollywog #5 due 12/04/14
December 12th, 2011, 10:54 AM
Lovemykiddos!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Lovemykiddos!
Kawaii diapers are a great one size inexpensive option. And I think she still has free shipping right now.
December 12th, 2011, 11:07 AM
brandywk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Here is a great site that has great info on cloth!
Green Mountain Diapers: First time mom Green Mountain Diapers
They not only sell diapers but they also tell you a bit about each diaper, and best of all have pictures of babies in each of them to give you a better idea of how the look and fit!

I've cd 2 of my kids. Here is what I'll be using this time

-24 Orange Edged Cloth-eez prefolds also called GMD(not all prefolds are created equally.. keep that in mind while shopping! IMO these are the best.. very absobant and great sizing!) Here is the site that makes them Green Mountain Diapers: Cloth Diapers
-xs Thirstie and NB Super Bright Bummis covers Green Mountain Diapers: Diaper Covers, Diaper Wraps
-15 Kissaluvs- These are a fitted diaper. Very poplular NB diaper. I'll only be using them for the NB stage, as they are awsome at containing blowouts!! But I like pocket diapers best. Kissaluvs Fitted Cloth Diapers
-A few AIO (all in ones) Great for middle of night.. XS BumGenius. bumGenius! DELUXE All-In-One Cloth Diapers - bum Genius 3.0 aio cloth diaper

After I get done w/ the nb stage I plan on using FuzziBunz perfect fit diapers, and BumGenius OS (onsized.. I already have 15 of these from DS#2).
I like pocket diapers because you can stuff them with as little or as much protection as you think you'll need.
I pretty much buy all my diapers on diaperswappers.com They are used but as long as they don't have stains.. WHO CARES, there gonna get pooped in anyways I've never paid more than $10 for a dipe!

6lbs 15oz 17.5 inches

Sister to Christian, Madelyn & Samuel

Last edited by brandywk; December 12th, 2011 at 12:11 PM.
December 12th, 2011, 06:27 PM
pixiedust012404's Avatar Lovin my baby girl
Thank you ladies for your help! Trish, thanks for the blog post, definitely helpful

thank you jaidynsmum for my siggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search