Cervix even shorter - **Update in first post**

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 12th, 2011, 03:06 PM
ETanny's Avatar Mamma 2 Moo & Pops
Send a message via MSN to ETanny
So glad you have a supportive work place

December 12th, 2011, 03:35 PM
Lovemykiddos!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Lovemykiddos!
I'm so happy your work is letting you continue to telework!! What a relief!! Try not to stress too much, studies show that stress can cause contractions too.....stay super relaxed. Maybe you should have a little convo with ur little baby and tell him he isn't allowed to come out yet when I was on bedrest with DD I had a lot of these convos....I dont know if it worked, but it made me feel better.

Big hugs and stay relaxed!!! U are in my families thoughts and prayers.
December 12th, 2011, 03:46 PM
luvmykids623's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry you're going through this, but I'm glad that your doctor has a plan and your supervisors are supportive. Praying that your little boy stays baking for at least 8 more weeks!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

December 12th, 2011, 04:16 PM
MissLoki's Avatar Super Mommy
*hugs* I really wish you had received better news

Hang in there Nia, I'm sending you positive thoughts. Just keep taking good care of yourself and taking it easy for you and baby.

And you, young man, you stay put for many weeks! No surprise appearance for you

December 12th, 2011, 05:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Great news about your work, you dont need to be worrying about that too, stress isn't good for you or that baby. Rest up as much as you can. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Take it day by day, every day counts for sure!

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w.../ryderlee1.gif
December 12th, 2011, 05:37 PM
mommy2noelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks everyone.

Is it bad that I've been reading preemie stories? I guess I'm just trying to prepare myself.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

December 12th, 2011, 06:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Some of the things you read about preemies can be terrifying. If you have any questions I can try and answer for you let me know. Again stay positive and remember every day counts, it can make a huge difference in the health of your baby, so at the end of everyday celebrate a little that you guys made it another day and know that you're doing exactly what you should be, youre a great momma!

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w.../ryderlee1.gif
December 12th, 2011, 06:20 PM
Thanks Amanda. I'm trying not to read the scary stuff. I guess I'm moreso looking for hope or whatever that he'll have a short stay...especially for Noelle's sake. My friend just told me when her daughter was in the NICU, they only allowed parents and grandparents to visit. I know Noelle would have a hard time understanding why her brother isn't home...and I don't want her to have to experience that.

I just had a talk with him...really I did. And I told him if he came now, he wouldn't get to meet his sister, so he needs to stay inside for 8 more weeks. He moved when I spoke to him, so I take that as him understanding what I'm saying. LOL! (I know he was just moving in response to the sound of my voice....but at least he hears me).

December 12th, 2011, 06:34 PM
-Bailey-'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've told Aurora multiple times she needs to stay in there, and that she has it easy in there so she shouldn't be rushing to come out! I've made DF tell her that too

I would definitely avoid the scary premie stories, as that is not gonna help you to relax at all. But the positive ones will help give you hope Just remember the statistics are in your favor, even if an individual story isn't.

That little boy better stay put or he's gonna be in trouble! Try and stay as relaxed as possible for both of you.

December 12th, 2011, 06:40 PM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
Hugs, hon! Be careful reading the stories, because you never know what you're going to run into. I do have a friend with four preemies (the earliest at 28 weeks), and they are ALL great now, no long term effects. As for the NICU, I know that would suck for Noelle, though I totally understand why they don't allow young children in. (I spent many hours imagining a 20 month old Eric running wild in there while sitting with Danny, ha!)

I hope that little guy of yours stays put at least a while longer!

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
December 12th, 2011, 07:02 PM
woohoo502's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Praying that you can keep that boy baking until at least January. I hope the even more restrictive bed rest and reclining position help.

December 12th, 2011, 09:51 PM
Dizzi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Boo, I'm sorry you didn't get better news and I hope the medication, rest and support helps little man stay put!!

I think it's a great sign that he's listening to his momma already (Even if it is just because of the sound of your voice and not actual comprehension! )

December 12th, 2011, 09:52 PM
chapsgirl07's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Keeping you and your lil man in our prayers. I'm so glad that work in being supportive and SO is helping out!! Keep talking to that lil boy and tell him to stay put for now.

December 13th, 2011, 04:24 AM
jrs_mommy's Avatar Super Mommy
Praying hard Nia! Stay in bed it really helps! Bake baby bake!!

December 13th, 2011, 06:25 AM
Thanks ladies. I'm trying really hard not to do too much. I even kept Noelle home today.

And thankfully, I haven't read anything scary about the preemies, thankfully. I'm mostly trying to see how long they stay in the NICU.

December 13th, 2011, 08:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh Nia, I'm sending you huge hugs and saying lots of prayers for you. Message to baby: Ok baby, I know you want to give mommy a Christmas present but really she needs you to wait a little longer to come! We'll see you closer to March ok?

Please keep us posted, are you on total bed rest now?
Johnny age 4 born October 8, 2008
SHANE IS HERE!! Born March 1, 2012

Breastfeeding for 8 months now!!

December 13th, 2011, 08:34 AM
Haha! Thanks Jodie. I've been telling him that no one wants to meet him yet. LOL!

I'm not of full/strict bedrest, but I am limited on how much activity I engage in. So for me, that's alot, because all I can see is how messy my house is. Hopefully I can get D to tidy up and vacuum the living room for me though, because I'm sure folks will want to stop by this weekend since my bday is Thursday. My sis was very sad that I won't be doing anything, but what can I do?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search