Baby Bullet??

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 12th, 2011, 09:05 AM
TTC #2
Send a message via Skype™ to Mandy1108
Does anyone have one or know someone who does? DH's sister wants to buy it for me....
December 12th, 2011, 09:14 AM
Dizzi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't, I wish I did, though, because it looks great! Hopefully someone has some info on it!

December 12th, 2011, 10:56 AM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
Seems like a waste to me over just using a regular blender/food processor or just mashing stuff up with a fork... But I don't have any personal experience with them - especially for the short amount of time babies are actually on purees/baby food. Eric was on to finger foods exclusively by 8-9 months; he spent maybe 3-4 months tops eating pureed stuff? Danny spent a lot longer on it, but that was due to his special needs...and even then it was still only like 6-8 months.

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
December 12th, 2011, 11:17 AM
Lovemykiddos!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Lovemykiddos!
Really if u don't have a processor, you should have her get you a regular one of you are going to do your own baby food. But I would think it would be a waste if u already have one.
December 12th, 2011, 12:58 PM
TTC #2
Yep I do have a processor and thats what I told DH...it does the same thing as the baby bullet...so yea.
December 12th, 2011, 01:10 PM
mommy2noelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
LOL! I have magic bullet...can't figure out how they're supposed to be different?

Anyway, despite my intentions, Noelle ended up on jar foods. It was just easier for me and my schedule. If I decide to make baby food this time, I'll just use my magic bullet.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

December 12th, 2011, 02:57 PM
brandywk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
my sil want to buy me one as well. I wish she wouldntt.. id rather just buy baby food at the store.

6lbs 15oz 17.5 inches

Sister to Christian, Madelyn & Samuel

December 12th, 2011, 03:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have a magic bullet too, I'd like to try to make baby food, not sure if I'll actually do it. I didn't make it with dd. I thought the baby bullet had different blades to break these down differently?

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w.../ryderlee1.gif
December 12th, 2011, 06:21 PM
-Bailey-'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would say if you already have a food processor or blender it's kinda pointless. They all turn it into the same thing in the end

a lot of the woman I know just tossed whatever they were eating that day in a blender and fed it to baby.

December 12th, 2011, 07:58 PM
txranchmom's Avatar Country Momma to the Core
They look neat, but ehh I don't know. Easier to mash or blend it up in a blender I think. Plus the actual art of making baby food to last is hard and very time consuming, it's easier to get jarred foods, and not that high honestly. We are at a disadvantage here, cause DH doesn't eat vaggies or fruit, he doesn't like them, so I didn't cook them much, always was a waste for just me. And plus I didn't have to worry about having stuff too spicey or whatnot either. Although i did refuse to buy or feed my kid any of the jarred meats. Those things are nasty and smell like canned cat or dog food. LOL

Last edited by txranchmom; December 12th, 2011 at 08:04 PM.
December 12th, 2011, 07:58 PM
txranchmom's Avatar Country Momma to the Core
Deleted because of some kind of funky multiple post thing that happened.

Last edited by txranchmom; December 12th, 2011 at 08:05 PM.
December 12th, 2011, 08:37 PM
chapsgirl07's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I used a magic bullet to make all of DS's food. It worked great!! I will be doing it again with this one. It is a little time consuming, but only once in a while and saves a TON of money.

Example of how I used mine:

I would take a bag of frozen peas, steam them or microwave them, then blend in the magic bullet. Add water to thin it out as necessary. Then I froze it in ice cube trays. Once frozen, I would bag them up to use at a later date. So instead of paying $.50 or more per serving, I would get 6-8 meals out of a $1.20 bag of peas.

When it gets closer to the time when they are eating foods, I'll post recipes. :-)

Back to the question at hand, I would recommend a regular sized machine (magic bullet) over the baby one because you can use it longer. I now use mine for smoothies, salsas, and other small things that need to be pureed or blended quickly. It washes easily and comes with lids to travel with while drinking.

December 12th, 2011, 09:17 PM
MommaTrish's Avatar bless your heart
Send a message via Yahoo to MommaTrish
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Bailey- View Post
I would say if you already have a food processor or blender it's kinda pointless. They all turn it into the same thing in the end

a lot of the woman I know just tossed whatever they were eating that day in a blender and fed it to baby.
that's what we did with the boys. not quite as much with Belly since we were in our own house then and I had no blender. BUT.... I'm getting the food processor I've been begging for for 3 years for Christmas. I am so excited.

But yeah, you don't need both.
mom of: Zach (10), Ryan (8), Bella (5), Mason (2), and pollywog #5 due 12/04/14
December 12th, 2011, 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by txranchmom View Post
Plus the actual art of making baby food to last is hard and very time consuming, it's easier to get jarred foods, and not that high honestly.
It's really not. With the boys I would take all the leftover veggies from that night and before we would clean up the pots and pan just run them through the blender and that would hold them over on veggies for 2-3 days (like 2-3 servings of veggies a day) and it only took maybe 5-6 minutes. Definitely no more than 10. As for the freezing long term, I know many who do that and they get it done in no time.
December 13th, 2011, 12:34 AM
mommy2noelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Amanda, my grandma told me you just boil the veggies to get them soft and then puree them.

I guess I could give them a try this time since we have veggies every night anyway....but what about fruits??? How do you do those?

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

December 13th, 2011, 03:19 AM
Taz38's Avatar Proud Mommy
Great thread! I don't have a food processor or anything like that, but I've been reading up on how to make the baby food and I think I'm going to give it a try. I usually have veggies every night for dinner and honestly what's 10-30 minutes in a weekend to boil up a couple bags?

I've always wondered how the magic bullet compared to a food processor or blender - sounds like they'll all work just fine!
December 13th, 2011, 05:32 AM
these links might help
Blender for Homemade Baby Food or Food Processor for Homemade Baby Food - Tips, Hints, Ideas for What to Use to Make Homemade Baby Food
Tools you will need to Make Puree Baby Food and Puree Homemade Baby Food - Blender, Food Processor, Masher etc
Oh and here's a break down of the cost differences
Cost of Baby Food - Compare the Homemade Baby Food Cost to the Cost of Jarred Baby Food
December 13th, 2011, 05:35 AM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
I tried making my own with Eric, but I had serious issues freezing... The texture always ended up seriously wonky when I froze and then thawed baby food. I'm probably going to try doing my own again with this one, but I think I'll do it Trish's way, just make a few days' worth of stuff and use the fridge.

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
December 13th, 2011, 09:00 AM
TTC #2
Quote:
Originally Posted by chapsgirl07 View Post
I used a magic bullet to make all of DS's food. It worked great!! I will be doing it again with this one. It is a little time consuming, but only once in a while and saves a TON of money.

Example of how I used mine:

I would take a bag of frozen peas, steam them or microwave them, then blend in the magic bullet. Add water to thin it out as necessary. Then I froze it in ice cube trays. Once frozen, I would bag them up to use at a later date. So instead of paying $.50 or more per serving, I would get 6-8 meals out of a $1.20 bag of peas.

When it gets closer to the time when they are eating foods, I'll post recipes. :-)

Back to the question at hand, I would recommend a regular sized machine (magic bullet) over the baby one because you can use it longer. I now use mine for smoothies, salsas, and other small things that need to be pureed or blended quickly. It washes easily and comes with lids to travel with while drinking.

I would love recipes Since Im a first timer!

Interesting! Thanks for all the feedback. I do have a processor & I was wondering whats the diff between that and the baby bullet but I really dont think there is a diff. So, I def dont want or need the baby bullet then.
December 13th, 2011, 05:27 PM
woohoo502's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I used this website when I made baby food for Zoe. Lots of good info and recipes.
Homemade Baby Food Fruits and Vegetables FAQ page. Learn about preparing fruits and vegetables for homemade baby food, find answers to common questions about Preparing, Storing and Making Homemade Baby Food from Fruit and Vegetables

I found no issues with making it for her. I would make a batch and freeze it in ice cube trays too. I didn't have any issues with the consistency when thawing. I made mine in a regular food processor. I also felt like the transition to table food was easy, because the consistency of homemade baby food is different than jarred. I of course, have nothing to base that on, other than my own opinion.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search