I've been threatened with bedrest

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 12th, 2011, 03:53 PM
Dizzi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well the doctor did it. She threatened me with bed rest. She said if she restricts me to bed rest I'm not going to be allowed to get up and go anywhere except the bathroom, shower, food and dr appointments. No grocery, no school activities, no nothing. Eek!

Haevyn is doing well, and aside from all my discomfort .. I am too. I think. I just did my glucose test today (EW!!) and they'll call me with the results on that in the next day or two. I haven't gained anymore weight since my last checkup 3 1/2 weeks ago but the dr said she's not going to be too concerned about that as long as Haevyn is growing well.

I do have to go back in 2 weeks rather than 3 or 4 because they're getting concerned with all the symptoms I'm having and wanna keep a closer watch. Woo boy. That's fun.

On another note, I do actually need to go to the grocery store, but I'm not sure just how long is safe to be on my feet Dr said if I start having braxton hicks again and especially if I start spotting again I need to get my butt to the Women's Center (L&D) immediately to get checked out. Grr this baby is already a sweet little pain in the butt and she's not even here! lol

-ETA: (Sorry, this part didn't seem to make it to the original post!)

-I've been having loads of BH and started spotting again. I'm also having lots of pressure and pain especially in my lower back (I know that's normal but with everything else they think I might be having some actual contractions and mistaking them for BH). With my BP and past history of pre-e the dr is concerned I'm developing it really early this time. Previously, I developed it after 35w and 37w.

Last edited by Dizzi; December 12th, 2011 at 08:17 PM.
December 12th, 2011, 04:50 PM
Conners Mommie +2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hopefully you don't have to go on bedrest. Why did they threaten you with the bedrest anyway? Just because of Braxton Hicks?

December 12th, 2011, 05:02 PM
mommy2noelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was going to ask the same question...why are they threatening you with bedrest?

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

December 12th, 2011, 05:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Was going to ask the same thing.

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w.../ryderlee1.gif
December 12th, 2011, 05:13 PM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
Ditto! I hope all is well, lots of hugs and baking baby vibes

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
December 12th, 2011, 05:53 PM
-Bailey-'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I also would like to know why they threatened you with bedrest

I'd say for doing stuff now, just take it REALLY easy. Keep trips short, and if you start to feel cramps or contractions or anything, sit down and rest for awhile [yes, even if you're in the middle of grocery shopping]. I think the key here would be to not try to do too much at once, do one thing...rest...then the next...rest so on and so forth.

December 12th, 2011, 05:58 PM
Super Mommy
And drink lots of water. That helped keep my little contractions in control over the weekend. I hope you don't get full bedrest!
December 12th, 2011, 08:16 PM
Ah! lol I thought it copied .. I was having trouble making the post so I copy/pasted so I wouldn't have to keep typing it out .. Guess I didn't get all of it!

-I've been having loads of BH and started spotting again. I'm also having lots of pressure and pain especially in my lower back (I know that's normal but with everything else they think I might be having some actual contractions and mistaking them for BH). With my BP and past history of pre-e the dr is concerned I'm developing it really early this time. Previously, I developed it after 35w and 37w.

December 12th, 2011, 09:30 PM
brandywk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Bleeding!! Yikes! Have they checked your cervix for changes??!!

6lbs 15oz 17.5 inches

Sister to Christian, Madelyn & Samuel

December 12th, 2011, 09:35 PM
She just did a pelvic exam today and said everything was closed and "as it should be" .. Not all-together comforting because there was no WHY for the spotting but at least it doesn't look like she's going to try and come anytime too soon.

December 13th, 2011, 05:09 AM
Conners Mommie +2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well good....im sure everything will be ok, just take it easy. At this point, i wish id get put on bedrest. Ugh

December 13th, 2011, 05:20 AM
mommy2noelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad there's nothing really going on right now...just do take it easy.

Jennifer, why don't you put yourself on modified rest? I know it's easier when a doc orders you to do it, but I know you've been uncomfy for a while now.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

December 13th, 2011, 06:54 AM
joey_emmysmommy's Avatar Super Mommy
I have been on restricted bedrest bu I haven't really been following it like I'm suppose to and now I'm paying for it.
I am about to be on full bedrest and a fetal monitor so now I have to abide by my bedrest.

I was always ok if I made little trips to the store but if I was there for longer then 1 hour I started having contractions.

December 13th, 2011, 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey_emmysmommy View Post
I have been on restricted bedrest bu I haven't really been following it like I'm suppose to and now I'm paying for it.
I am about to be on full bedrest and a fetal monitor so now I have to abide by my bedrest.

I was always ok if I made little trips to the store but if I was there for longer then 1 hour I started having contractions.
Uh oh! You better plant your butt and keep it there!!

My contractions don't seem to have a rhyme or reason, really .. Sometimes I'm fine walking around for a good hour before any discomfort even mildly starts .. other times I'll walk to the kitchen and have to squat down against a counter to alleviate some of the pain!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search