Every 2 weeks...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 13th, 2011, 05:32 AM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
When do you switch to having appointments every 2 weeks? I bet a lot of us are there, or close!

I've got my next monthly appointment next week, and then I'm every 2 after that

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
December 13th, 2011, 05:35 AM
Dizzi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've just started them! Just for closer monitoring and such, but still!! It's crazy that we're all getting very close to or already starting our 3rd trimesters!! Some days it feels like I definitely shouldn't be this far along yet and others it feels like I've been pregnant for at least three years lol

December 13th, 2011, 05:38 AM
mommy2noelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yeah, I've skipped those and have moved to weekly. I wonder if they'll ever let me go back to bi-weekly? I doubt it though.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

December 13th, 2011, 05:39 AM
MommaTrish's Avatar bless your heart
Send a message via Yahoo to MommaTrish
I think mine start after my next appointment in January.
mom of: Zach (9), Ryan (8), Bella (5), Mason (2), and pollywog #5 due 12/04/14
December 13th, 2011, 05:50 AM
txranchmom's Avatar Country Momma to the Core
I "think" after 30 weeks?? Not too sure, I asked the receptionist yestereday after mine, when I started and she just told me that he'd put it on my chart, ha ha ha ha I do know I go back in 4 weeks, so maybe after that one I'll be on every 2 weeks.
December 13th, 2011, 06:09 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Usually around 32 weeks, but I choose not to do bi-weekly appointments until the last month, and I only do weekly appts once I reach 40 weeks.
#12 is on the way
December 13th, 2011, 06:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanMomma View Post
Usually around 32 weeks, but I choose not to do bi-weekly appointments until the last month, and I only do weekly appts once I reach 40 weeks.
Wow, didn't even know you could do that. I've always just gone on what my dr recommeneded.
December 13th, 2011, 06:29 AM
Teresa, I think if you have a low risk pregnancy, you would probably be able to have a more lenient schedule.

December 13th, 2011, 06:37 AM
Both of mine have been low risk (knock on wood) but I've still gone with what my Dr recommeneded, Nia. Maybe some are more lienent, no idea, but I sure haven't ever heard of one doing it that way before. lol
December 13th, 2011, 06:41 AM
joey_emmysmommy's Avatar Super Mommy
I just started but because of closer monitoring. He wasn't going to start my fetal monitor or my 2 week appointments until 32 weeks but we are starting now after the weekend I had.

December 13th, 2011, 06:54 AM
Lovemykiddos!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Lovemykiddos!
I think I start after my next appt which is in jan
December 13th, 2011, 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by txranchmom View Post
Both of mine have been low risk (knock on wood) but I've still gone with what my Dr recommeneded, Nia. Maybe some are more lienent, no idea, but I sure haven't ever heard of one doing it that way before. lol

This is one of those things were women do what they're comfortable with...which is also why some women choose a midwife (less invasive care) over an OB. That's all I meant. And remember there are still some people who have NO prenatal care. You'd be surprised what a doctor would agree to under different circumstances...like delaying vaccinations.

December 13th, 2011, 07:46 AM
KASHWORTH's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
At my last appointment she scheduled me for 3 weeks later, and after that appointment on the 28th, I will be every 2 weeks.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
December 13th, 2011, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2noelle View Post
This is one of those things were women do what they're comfortable with...which is also why some women choose a midwife (less invasive care) over an OB. That's all I meant. And remember there are still some people who have NO prenatal care. You'd be surprised what a doctor would agree to under different circumstances...like delaying vaccinations.
What does delayed Vax have to do with going to a dr every two weeks or not? Seriously..........

And I'd assume that if someone was on this group, they had had prenatal care, or I haven't read any posts that said something like I hope my baby is ok cause i haven't gone to the dr. LOL I've had friends that went to midwives with low risk and if I remember right, they started the 2 week thing also.

ETA, if your ok with it, wonderful, I've just never heard of anyone doing it that way, even low risk, most went with what the dr or midwife recommended.
December 13th, 2011, 07:57 AM
OH EM GEE Teresa! I was making a comparison in how we can create personalized treatment plans with doctors...like some docs would be ok with you choosing an alternate vax schedule for children...some ob's may not mind working on an alternate OB schedule.

That is all I'm saying. Again, medical care is a CHOICE...a wise one sure, but a choice nonetheless.

This is not about ME being ok with anything. I've always done all my appointments as recommended. But I also have the capacity to UNDERSTAND where some people choose not to.

December 13th, 2011, 08:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
At my last appointment because I started having cervical changes my next appt was scheduled in 3 weeks instead of 4, then I think I go every 2 weeks after that. I can't believe it's that time already. Once your appointment schedule starts changing that's how you know you're getting close, crazy yet exciting!

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w.../ryderlee1.gif
December 13th, 2011, 08:05 AM
I can't help but feeling nervous with having appointments every week already. I know it's best for baby, and I'm thankful, but those days take so much out of me emotionally. I'm just praying next week's appointment is better.

December 13th, 2011, 08:11 AM
Ok Nia, it's a 'collective' you, as in 'if a person'.n Good grief.

I never said I didn't understand it. I stated that I didn't know that 'a person' could do that. And I'd always gone with what my dr/ob recommended. Youa re the one that poped in the stuff about how I was apparently wrong to think that way, cause if a person is low risk, or has a midwife, or whatever. With the corrections on what I post again.

I have no problem with it, I don't look down or up to anyone that does it, I simply stated that I'd never heard of a woman being able to skip like that, and didn't know it was allowed. Simple as that. And that's all I meant, before I got questioned and "told' about how what I posted was entirely wrong apparently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2noelle View Post
I can't help but feeling nervous with having appointments every week already. I know it's best for baby, and I'm thankful, but those days take so much out of me emotionally. I'm just praying next week's appointment is better.
Well I sencerly hope it does and that your little man bakes for a lot longer.
December 13th, 2011, 08:17 AM
Notice my very first response said "I THINK", not "Teresa you're wrong". Why are you taking everything personally today???? Good grief!

Sorry that you misunderstood all my posts.

December 13th, 2011, 08:23 AM
mamaperry's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've always started every two weeks @ 28 weeks. @ Nia my last four weeks with my toddler I went twice a week. Bake baby bake!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search