I seriously want to cry.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 13th, 2011, 08:16 AM
ETanny's Avatar Mamma 2 Moo & Pops
Send a message via MSN to ETanny
I feel so deflated and uncared for by our NHS. I am supposed to be a highrisk pregnancy. I certanly dont feel thats the case.

When I rung up to tell them I was pregnant the midwife pretty much had ago at me for calling so early (I called the day I had my BFP as I didnt know if there was anything special i needed to do) and told me just because I had. had medical assistance to get pregnant it didnt matter. I spent from getting my BFP till my 12 scan worried as I didnt know if everything was ok.

I saw my midwife to book in at 8wks, then again at 16 weeks. I am now 28+6 now and I had my GTT today and saw her today. Yes I went 12 weeks without any care. She measured my belly and that was it.

No medical professinal has listend to her heartbeat at all in this pregnancy.
My next midwife appointment isnt for another SIX weeks! \

December 13th, 2011, 08:20 AM
mamaperry's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow I don't blame you for feeling like that! I would think listening g to the heart rate is #1. Sorry Wait for six weeks?! It's so diff n the states, most of us are going twice a month now. Big hug!!

December 13th, 2011, 08:21 AM
Thea Maria G's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

31yr old Working Mama, MBA Graduate, Married Proud Mama of April Gabrielle E.
December 13th, 2011, 08:21 AM
Lovemykiddos!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Lovemykiddos!
That seems really spread out even for a low risk pregnancy. =/ can u tell them u don't think u r getting the care u deserve?? Is it possible to change ob/mw??
December 13th, 2011, 08:22 AM
Its so diffrent to when I had my daughter...I had a lot more midwife appointments then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemykiddos! View Post
That seems really spread out even for a low risk pregnancy. =/ can u tell them u don't think u r getting the care u deserve?? Is it possible to change ob/mw??
The only way to change is to go private...There is no way I can afford that.
I doubt much would be done if I raised my concens.

December 13th, 2011, 08:28 AM
mommy2noelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What is going on??? I remember Casey having to wait a while for care too.

I'm sorry they're not monitoring you properly. But you feel Molly moving lots right? I cannot believe you have to wait 6 weeks. What would happen if you had an emergency?

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

December 13th, 2011, 08:35 AM
I feel her moving a lot, Shes a very active baby and I am glad of that Now that its more regular I feel a lot calmer.
Still feels like I should be having more appointments then I am doing if that makes sense?

If I was worried about her lack of movement I have the number for the maternity ward I can call on my antanatal notes...Id assume they would tell me to come in to be monitored.

December 13th, 2011, 08:39 AM
mommy2noelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh ok...That still doesn't make it better though.

I'll keep you and Molly in my thoughts. Praying she arrives safe and sound and healthy.

December 13th, 2011, 09:02 AM
RhiettaP's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow....I'm not sure if things are done differently in the states...but I'd get another provider if possible. The first thing my OB's do is find the heart beat. Sorry you are having a rough go of it.

William 11.06.03
Ethan 7.3.08
Liam Ryan 2.17.12
Rowan Oliver 6.19.14
December 13th, 2011, 09:13 AM
joey_emmysmommy's Avatar Super Mommy
Wow 6 weeks for another appointment and your already almost 29 weeks that's crazy for low risk much less a high risk. I don't know what I would do if that was the case with me I'm high risk also. I'm sorry you are going through that. Lots of hugs to you sweetie

December 13th, 2011, 09:27 AM
mythreesons's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am sorry you don't feel cared for. Those appointments seem to be far apart (especially for high risk). I am glad she is moving and grooving for you though!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my wonderful siggy!

Me: Kristine

December 13th, 2011, 09:59 AM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
Wow, that sucks! I am so sorry. I know that, in Canada, they don't monitor as closely as they do in the US too, because it's a public system...but that sounds extreme

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
December 13th, 2011, 10:02 AM
kdrew88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad you can feel her moving so you at least have SOME reassurance that everything is ok.

When will they starting having you come more often? It should at least be every 4 weeks. 6 weeks is a LONG time!

First Time Mommy to Tatum Elaine born March 10th, 2012. 8 lbs, 9 oz, 21 inches long
December 13th, 2011, 10:09 AM
Momma to 2 and one angel
Wow I am so sorry that you having such a horrible time with your midwife.

I agree 6 weeks is a long time to go without a check up and now that you are so far along that is worse.

Some medical care givers are morons ;(

December 13th, 2011, 10:10 AM
I have no idea if they will now.

I have my next appointment with the midwife at 34 weeks, thern I have an appointment with a consultant to discuss our plan of action with regards to if I need a repeat c/s or not.

I have no idea if they will now.

I have my next appointment with the midwife at 34 weeks, then I have an appointment with a consultant to discuss our plan of action with regards to if I need a repeat c/s or not at 36 weeks.

December 13th, 2011, 10:13 AM
Super Mommy
That is a long time to wait in between appointments.... I'm so sorry (((HUGS)))

December 13th, 2011, 10:21 AM
Super Mommy
I have friends that live near Wells and she seen a midwife twice for the whole pregnancy, she was lucky enough to deliver in the states a few weeks early (now the baby gets duel citizenship). She was saying how they don't do epidurals where her hospital is and that they just get gas and air? Its wierd how different things are just from here to the UK.

I hope you get some better care coming up...
December 13th, 2011, 11:05 AM
Conners Mommie +2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I say this sincerely, but I thought that the US was supposively the ones with crappy healthcare....that sounds pretty crappy to me I'm sorry you're upset Emma!!!

December 13th, 2011, 11:56 AM
jrs_mommy's Avatar Super Mommy
I have had a baby in the states and will soon have one here and I have to say, the care is like night and day unfortunately.

I have never had a papsmear, have never been checked internally and pretty much have only had blood work done so far this pregnancy! I have never even been weighed! At my 20 week scan the midwife refused to even entertain the idea of checking the sex, luckily we had a private scan! I have had it a bit better than you tho, I see the consultant every month and the mid wife ever 6 weeks or so. She has checked for the heartbeat the last 2 appointments. I am having a VBAC so I have had to discuss my prior surgery notes from the states with my consultant, so that may be why I have been seen more. I had to beg for an early scan when I had all that bleeding in the first trimester. It was soo scary!

I would talk about your concerns with your GP! Hopefully something can be done! I had a high risk pregnancy with my son. I was leaking waters at 31 weeks and was put on 100% bedrest only could get up to pee. I have been concerned that I may be leaking again, (I have been soaking my panties on and off for the past 2 weeks tmi sorry) and my midwife said to put on a pad and call if I fill it up In the states I would have had a fern test and an ultrasound! Wacky!

Last edited by jrs_mommy; December 13th, 2011 at 12:04 PM.
December 13th, 2011, 12:02 PM
jrs_mommy's Avatar Super Mommy
The thing I am least looking forward to is having to labor in a room with like up to 20 other women. That is crazy to me. Pretty much they roll you in a private room when you are close to giving birth. Then you have to spend the night with these same women and all of their babies crying all night!! With my son it was like a hotel! 24 hr room service and all lol!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search