Planned C-section

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 13th, 2011, 12:00 PM
mythreesons's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Anyone else having a planned c-section? Have you scheduled the date yet? If so, when are you having your little one?

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my wonderful siggy!

Me: Kristine

December 13th, 2011, 12:07 PM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
I'm hopefully going to go into labor before then, but I've got a date "just in case" of March 19. It is really weird knowing that I am guaranteed to have a baby by then!

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
December 13th, 2011, 12:44 PM
I have a planned c-section on March 6th (my birthday). I have to be there at about 5:30 in the morning and my little man should be here by about 7:30am.

December 13th, 2011, 12:50 PM
Fluffy Baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have not set a date yet but we are doing a planned c/s. I will be having him between Feb 27-Mar 2 unless I go into labor before then. I am waiting on my hubby's schedule for next year to schedule the day. My OB says he will do it any day I want to that week.

I am a mixture of all that and a bag of chips... IJS

Rest In Peace Jennifer <3

December 13th, 2011, 01:19 PM
mamaperry's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mines not set in stone. Feb 28th is the date I've asked for, doc wanted the 27th, but I don't like odd dates 7:30am I think at my next visit it will be firm.

December 13th, 2011, 01:47 PM
Taz38's Avatar Proud Mommy
We're having our bundle on March 1st. My true 39 weeks is Feb 29th and hubby vetoed the Leap Year birthday......lol
December 13th, 2011, 02:05 PM
Lovemykiddos!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Lovemykiddos!
Not a scheduled c/s but we are having a scheduled induction. Not sure on the date yet, I have to meet with the OB that is doing my tubal and then see my peri and see what day they come up with. But my guess would be at 38 weeks.....so around march 9th
December 13th, 2011, 02:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats on having your dates set! I'm hoping this baby turns..so far he's stubbornly remained upright so we'll see.

Kristine, what an awesome birthday present!! March 6 is my due date (or the 7th depending on which OB I ask lol) my babies tend to be stubborn and don't come out til evicted so unless that changes I'll hopefully go in labour on or before that date.
Johnny age 4 born October 8, 2008
SHANE IS HERE!! Born March 1, 2012

Breastfeeding for 8 months now!!

December 13th, 2011, 02:41 PM
mommy2noelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Jodie, speaking of evicting babies...I have a coworker who was induced at 42 weeks, was in labor for over 24 hours and ended up with a c-section. We laugh about it, because it was like her son clearly was not trying to come out.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

December 13th, 2011, 03:23 PM
brandywk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
C-section.. Not sure when doc says around 37weeks so we can avoid me going into labor. But I think that's only if it looks like she's comming early. I've had preterm labor w/ each of my kids so I guess it's very likely. That puts me around March 5th.

6lbs 15oz 17.5 inches

Sister to Christian, Madelyn & Samuel

December 13th, 2011, 04:08 PM
luvmykids623's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My OB and MFM are talking about a planned c-section at 37 weeks, but they don't think I'll make it that far with my history. They don't think I'll make it past 35 weeks (late February), but they won't plan it for then in hopes that I surprise them and we get bonus baby baking time.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

December 13th, 2011, 08:07 PM
Jintana's Avatar Dragoness
Not actually planned/set up yet, but since I'm a previous c-section I might set a "to be evicted by" date of 3/20 or before (due date is 3/12).

December 13th, 2011, 08:08 PM
Super Mommy
I have asked my doc to delay my csection to last possible day. My ds2 came via csection 10 days early and had breathing problems so I want to cook this one as long as they will let me. But I have never 'gone' into labor so I feel safe waiting.
December 13th, 2011, 08:46 PM
joey_emmysmommy's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mythreesons View Post
I have a planned c-section on March 6th (my birthday). I have to be there at about 5:30 in the morning and my little man should be here by about 7:30am.
Your birthday is the day before mine.

I have a date of Feb. 29th but I will go into labor before that I already know that. Hopefully around Valentines day that's my dads birthday. Well that whole week is family birthdays. 14th, 15th. 17th. 18th, and 19th and the 22nd. So hopefully on one of the days we don't already have a birthday.

December 14th, 2011, 03:46 AM
ETanny's Avatar Mamma 2 Moo & Pops
Send a message via MSN to ETanny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz38 View Post
We're having our bundle on March 1st. My true 39 weeks is Feb 29th and hubby vetoed the Leap Year birthday......lol
I am the one who vetoed DH wanting the 29th. Hes adiment thats when she will come. I've told him no Dr will willing shedual a c/s for then

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2noelle View Post
Jodie, speaking of evicting babies...I have a coworker who was induced at 42 weeks, was in labor for over 24 hours and ended up with a c-section. We laugh about it, because it was like her son clearly was not trying to come out.
Nia, thats pretty much what happend with Mia. She really didnt want to come out. By the time I had my c/s I wasnt engaged or even dialted despite spending over 48hrs being induced. I think Mia wanted to be a halloween baby

I was hoping for a VBAC but after a lot of thinking I think I want to go for a repeat c/s.
Its taken a LOT for me to decied this as I wanted a natural birth so much but I just dont think it will happen. I will set my C/S up hopfully around the 1st March so I at least get to my due date and if she hasnt tried coming on her own then I will go for the repeat c/s.

Last edited by ETanny; December 14th, 2011 at 03:51 AM.
December 14th, 2011, 04:22 AM
woohoo502's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm pretty sure I have decided on doing the c-section only if he doesn't try to come on his own first. I haven't set a date, but I am shooting for around my due date or a little after. We'll see what my doctor says.

December 14th, 2011, 06:07 AM
Quote:
Nia, thats pretty much what happend with Mia. She really didnt want to come out. By the time I had my c/s I wasnt engaged or even dialted despite spending over 48hrs being induced. I think Mia wanted to be a halloween baby
DS#1 was the same way. Cervadil, pitocin, breaking water, nothing worked. Even during the c-section, the OB said he was one of the hardest babies to get out. Very stubborn little boy!

Quote:
I was hoping for a VBAC but after a lot of thinking I think I want to go for a repeat c/s.
I had planned on a VBAC, but at 39 weeks, DS#2 was measuring big and with him only being 16 months behind his brother, the OB did not want to risk it. AT 39 weeks, he weighed 9 lb 8oz.

December 14th, 2011, 11:32 AM
kdrew88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This whole pregnancy I have felt like I would end up getting a c-section, not sure why, just a gut feeling. But now my placenta is moving in the right direction and baby is already head down, so maybe I won't. I wouldn't mind if I did though.

First Time Mommy to Tatum Elaine born March 10th, 2012. 8 lbs, 9 oz, 21 inches long
December 14th, 2011, 12:27 PM
RhiettaP's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm having a planned c/s, don't know the date yet...depends on my amnio (first week in Feb), as soon as babies lungs come back good, we'll do the c/s that day/night. OB won't let me go back 36wk 1day....so....sometime during week 35 I'm guessing.

William 11.06.03
Ethan 7.3.08
Liam Ryan 2.17.12
Rowan Oliver 6.19.14
December 14th, 2011, 04:29 PM
Dan's wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We don't have a set date yet but I'm going to ask him about it at my next appointment next tuesday. We're hoping for March 6. But if the dr that did my other c/sections isn't there on the 6th I'll pick a day he's there.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search