Need some advice girls?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 14th, 2011, 08:27 AM
D&K's_mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ok so this is my third pregnancy so I know when things arent normal.. but it has been 4 yrs since my last baby.. Ok a few weeks ago I went to the hospital because I had been having contractions, wasnt dehydrated or nething when they checked.. of course when I go there I wasnt having them as much as I had been, they checked me, my cervix was a little soft they said, but did an ultrasound and was still long, 4cm i think is right bout what it was.. nehow yday and today been having lots of contractions.. some are painful some arent.. but its mostly when Im up and doing nething.. when I lay down or sit down they seem to subside a lil bit.. but I am just affraid if I go to the dr or hospital to get monitored it'll be a repeat of what happened a few weeks ago and itll all be for nothing.. but I am worried that I am having soo many contractions Ive had more then 4 in an hour at some points ... What would you ladies do?? Think I should stay home lay around drink lots of water and see if they finally go away, or should I go to the dr and get checked out and see whats up.. Just want a little advice.. I dont wanna seem like Im overreacting or thats it nothing...Thanks girls!

December 14th, 2011, 08:35 AM
Momma to 2 and one angel
In my book its better to over react then do nothing. If it will ease your mond call your doc and explain that some are painfull and see if you can come in and get checked.

Im the meantime drink your water and relax and see if they go away.

I hope you feel better soon. You are not alone in the worry department I think we have all been there at one time or another.

December 14th, 2011, 08:38 AM
Thea Maria G's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducky1923 View Post
In my book its better to over react then do nothing. If it will ease your mond call your doc and explain that some are painfull and see if you can come in and get checked.

Im the meantime drink your water and relax and see if they go away.

I hope you feel better soon. You are not alone in the worry department I think we have all been there at one time or another.

31yr old Working Mama, MBA Graduate, Married Proud Mama of April Gabrielle E.
December 14th, 2011, 08:57 AM
mythreesons's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree! If there is something bothering you give your OB a call. Let him/her be te one to make the decision. I would rather get checked out and find out is nothing then not get checked when I should have.

Relax, put your feet up and I hope you are feeling better soon!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my wonderful siggy!

Me: Kristine

December 14th, 2011, 09:15 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I go by the "hassle to worst case ratio". How much of a hassle is it to go to hosp? If you have two others, who will take care of them, etc? What is the worst case of waiting awhile and seeing if they stop? If the worst case doesn't balance out the amount of hassle, I stay put. But I am very lazy.
December 14th, 2011, 09:37 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I honestly would try to lay down, drink something, take it easy and see if they go away. Thats just me though. If it makes YOU feel better, call your care provider and explain whats going on and see what they say. If the OB says go in and get checked do it.
#12 is on the way
December 14th, 2011, 09:58 AM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
I would drink some, get some rest, and call your OB's office just to see what they think. Better safe than sorry, you know?

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
December 14th, 2011, 10:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I would lay down for awhile or maybe have a warm bath, drink lots then if they haven't subsided in a few hours I'd go and get checked just to make sure everything's ok. FX those contractions stop soon. Have you been really active lately? That's when I find my tummy tightens a lot. But when I relax they go away.
Johnny age 4 born October 8, 2008
SHANE IS HERE!! Born March 1, 2012

Breastfeeding for 8 months now!!

December 14th, 2011, 10:13 AM
Super Mommy
Almost the same scenario happened to me this past week- it ended up being a kidney infection.... I vote call in or even go in. It is better safe than sorry.
December 14th, 2011, 10:17 AM
mommy2noelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would at least call the OB and see what they say. In the meantime, drink your water and try laying down. I always call, because I'm paranoid though and have had PTL issues...but that's just me.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

December 14th, 2011, 10:21 AM
Thanks ladies! I thnk I will lay around drink lots of water for a few hours and see.. I havent really been very active past few days.. but when I get up to do anything I start having them... everytime I get up and go pee or to get dd something to eat or drink or whatever she needs Ill have a contraction.. and Im not even doing nething strenuous at all.. thats what kinda had me worried ...

December 14th, 2011, 12:26 PM
Lovemykiddos!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Lovemykiddos!
I always atleast call it's better to be safe than sorry when you are pregnant
December 14th, 2011, 01:58 PM
lilmeg's Avatar Veteran
I would recommend timing them. There are free websites and phone apps you can get for this. I've been timing mine for a few days now and they are not regular at all. Just think of it as your body practicing. If you get more than 4-5 and hour and they seem to have a pattern I would call in. Hope little one stays in there for you
BFP 10/23/10 -- partial molar MC
BFP 7/4/11- DD born 2/17/12 @ 37 weeks
BFP 7/20/13 Here we go again!

December 14th, 2011, 03:20 PM
mommy2noelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How are you feeling now?

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

December 14th, 2011, 08:21 PM
cherry08's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Are you feeling any better? Hope so.....

December 15th, 2011, 04:50 AM
mythreesons's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hope you are feeling better!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my wonderful siggy!

Me: Kristine

December 15th, 2011, 06:44 AM
Fluffy Baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am later here, but I hope you are feeling better!

I am a mixture of all that and a bag of chips... IJS

Rest In Peace Jennifer <3

December 15th, 2011, 07:16 AM
KASHWORTH's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The other week I had the same thing. I had been having contractions all day but didn't notice them too much because they weren't very bad. Then towards the afternoon they started to get worse and I had them every 10 minutes, and they kept getting closer until they were 5 minutes apart, they were also very uncomfortable. I was walking around the house doing things, but nothing strenuous or anything out of the ordinary and I had been drinking water. I ended up calling my OB and she said to just go to sleep for the night and if I woke up in the middle of the night from the pain of them and they weren't better to go in to the hospital. So I went to bed and when I woke up they were gone.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
December 15th, 2011, 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KASHWORTH View Post
The other week I had the same thing. I had been having contractions all day but didn't notice them too much because they weren't very bad. Then towards the afternoon they started to get worse and I had them every 10 minutes, and they kept getting closer until they were 5 minutes apart, they were also very uncomfortable. I was walking around the house doing things, but nothing strenuous or anything out of the ordinary and I had been drinking water. I ended up calling my OB and she said to just go to sleep for the night and if I woke up in the middle of the night from the pain of them and they weren't better to go in to the hospital. So I went to bed and when I woke up they were gone.
Sounds exactly how Ive been.. Today I havent been having them like I did yday I went to bed early last night and had laid around all day and drank lots of water so maybe that helped.. So far today I am feeling better! Thank goodness!!

Thanks so much ladies for checking up on me

December 15th, 2011, 02:28 PM
-Bailey-'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
glad to hear youre doing ok now!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search