Conor David's arrival w pics

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 15th, 2012, 07:20 AM
marinewife0702's Avatar proud first time mama
I went into the doctors for my 36 week appointment on tuesday. I was 4cm dilated!! Thought nothing really of it, and went home. The next day, I was still bleeding from her checking me. Went into labor and delivery around 10am and was 4cm still but more effaced. They "couldnt keep me because I wasnt in active labor" so they sent me home. 3 hours later I was back in the ER with even more contractions, and I ended up being 5cm and almost completely effaced. I was admitted at 6ish. I had no pain at all, just couldnt sleep so they gave me a cocktail...thats all I remember of that night. The next morning I was effacing but not dilating fast enough. They started me on pitocin to help make my contractions more regular because the cocktail messed the process up. Waited ALL day and then they finally broke my water because it just was not happening on its own. Once that happened I NEEDED the epidural. It didnt come fast enough and DH got the brunt of it. Between the pitocin and my water breaking it was torture. I kept telling him to please help me and to kill me....it literally was pain I will never forget. Finally the epidural came and DH says I was like day and night. Around 8 Conor was making progress and was right there ready to be pushed out...so we attempted it and I was so numb and exhausted I couldnt push. After a half hour, in midst of my tears I told them it was ok to shut off the epidural machine....ugh. So I kept pushing, and around 9:30 they called the OBGYN in to vac him out because of maternal exhaustion. At this point I was shaking like crazy and needed oxygen. Mr. Conor was perfectly fine, and they were actually surprised because of him being early. The OBGYN came in with her team and we started the process around 10pm. Shortly after I heard the OBGYN wisper to get the emergency c-section room open because I was not making progress. I screamed no and pushed with everything I had..with hands inside me and and the vac on my sweet baby boy's head. They say that mothers pick up a second wind sometimes...and I swear I did because in 2 pushes he was out. DH thought he was still because he didnt cry but instead just moved his head around and was taking everything in. As soon as he cried I just finally gave in and was totally out of it. I was shaking so bad that they rushed my DH and Conor to the nursery so they could concentrate on me, from what I have heard. After stabilizing, all I wanted to do was cry because I felt like I failed my child by not being able to really bond. Long story short, my son is perfect. He is a total mommys boy, and loves to be held. I am still in pain and really exhausted and swollen.

January 15th, 2012, 07:41 AM
JTsquared's Avatar Co-Host of Feb 2012 PR
Aww he is precious, it sounds like you did a great job and avoided a c-section, it's all over now and you have a sweet baby boy to hold!
January 15th, 2012, 08:05 AM
Super Mommy
Thanks for posting your story!! Your baby is perfect!!

Reading it gave me lots of emotions!
January 15th, 2012, 09:56 AM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad he's doing great! Congratulations!
January 15th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Bella11356's Avatar Super Mommy
Ohh he's precious! I never feel right calling a baby boy beautiful..but he is...he's gorgeous! Hope you feel better soon too!

January 15th, 2012, 10:30 AM
sarah_19_nz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What a sweet sweet boy you have there! I hope you feel better soon, sorry to hear you did it rough at the end there, but you and baby Conor sound like you are well on the way to bonding and recovering

January 15th, 2012, 11:20 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Aww, he's precious! I'm glad you avoided the cesarean. Congratulations!
January 15th, 2012, 12:20 PM
~Mindy~'s Avatar Full hands...Full ❤
What an adorable boy! Congrats!

Mindy ~ Mom to Dharma ~11
Leilani ~9
Dylan ~ 6
Malachi ~3
Delilah ~5 months

January 15th, 2012, 12:33 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
aw, he's adorable. congratulations! i'm glad you didn't end up with a c-section. you did great! and you really will probably forget the pain, i know i did-- it's the only way we're crazy enough to go through it again.
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

January 15th, 2012, 02:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
LOVE the picture of you holding him. So glad you were able to get through it with that second burst of energy. Way to go, mama! Hope you recover quickly and get your strength back. Congrats!!!

Thank you so much Kris2you for my lovely siggy!!!

January 15th, 2012, 02:43 PM
marinewife0702's Avatar proud first time mama
Thank you ladies....its tough having a newborn at home but we are trying to adjust. I am still in pain, but trying to not let it take over. Thank God for my mother, she came in this morning and is helping soo much. Hopefully I can sleep a little after dinner...I havent slept more than 10 hours in the past almost week.

January 15th, 2012, 02:50 PM
~Mindy~'s Avatar Full hands...Full ❤
I'm glad your mom is there to help out! Get as much rest as you can. I hope you have a quick recovery!

Mindy ~ Mom to Dharma ~11
Leilani ~9
Dylan ~ 6
Malachi ~3
Delilah ~5 months

January 15th, 2012, 03:32 PM
MissusF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations! He is precious!

January 15th, 2012, 05:07 PM
Super Mommy
Congratulations! Good for you for getting that second wind and delivering vaginally. Let me tell you, a c-section is not a fun experience. I so wish I could have delivered vaginally instead of having to have a c-section because baby was breech. Your baby boy is so handsome! Glad your family can be there with you to help out.

January 15th, 2012, 05:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
awwww he is so handsome!!! precious sweet little guy
dang thats stinks that it took so long and was so hard on you espically since you were already 5cm when you got to the hosptial
hugs makes me want to cry knowing how scared and much pain you were in
hope you start to heal quickly and get back to feeling better
take/enjoy all the help you can get

Thank you Brittany for my very pretty siggy!
January 15th, 2012, 09:30 PM
jlg123's Avatar Ecstatic mommy-to-be
Conor is soooo adorable! I'm sorry to hear about your labor but I'm glad both you and baby are doing well. Congrats mama!
January 15th, 2012, 11:06 PM
Veteran
You did a great job... your baby boy is so beautifull!! congratulations!!
January 16th, 2012, 04:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
oh my buddy! Im sorry your labor was so tough You do forget the pain though, in a couple of weeks it will be like it never happened! Get some sleep while mum is there and tell conor we are all happy to "meet" him!
January 16th, 2012, 08:00 AM
sarha81's Avatar First-time Mommy to Jake
awww mama, you did NOT fail your baby!! you were given pit, which makes labor so much more intense, and then needed the epi which a lot of mamas say numbs them and they can't push. of course you were exhuasted! You got that baby out, tho, and you should be darn proud of that! your little connor is adorable. congrats!!!

Last edited by sarha81; February 4th, 2012 at 09:38 AM.
January 16th, 2012, 08:40 AM
Super Mommy
He is adorable!! Way to go Mama! I hope you are able to rest up, you will feel a ton better with just some solid sleep. I'm so glad you have your mom there to help.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search