Holland DanaŽ 1/27/2012

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Bella11356

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 1st, 2012, 08:43 PM
Bella11356's Avatar Super Mommy
So after talking things over with my dr on Wed the 25th, we decided on induction for Friday the 27th. I had FINALLY progressed more from 1cm and 80% to 2cm and 90%. 6 in the morning came very quickly on Friday! We dropped the puppies off at my moms house before we went and woke them up to meet us at the hospital. By 7 I was in the bed and hooked up to the pit and everything else. The stupid nurse did have to poke me twice for my IV, which of course made my arm bruise and swell...

At about 10 my dr came in for the first time and check me, I went to 3cm and 100% so she broke my water. That was the nastiest, grossest, feeling EVER! I hate any sort of wet feeling down there, or anywhere for that matter, and it was just gross. And of course it couldn't all come out. I would contract and feel that lovely feeling all over again. I felt bad I kept asking for them to change my towels but they were soaked! My nurse kept commenting on how much fluid I had which she couldn't believe because I wasn't that big!

So from 7 till about 11:30 I labored on my own before asking for the epi, which I had not wanted to do really. But I talked about it with my nurse and she was all for whatever I wanted but warned if I was to close to pushing they wouldn't give me a local, which is what I had planned. The anesthesiologist came in at about 12 and was wonderful right from the start! He put me at ease and was the nicest guy ever! He gave me the local during a contraction and I didn't even feel it. He got it in and perfect in one shot! I was so afraid of numbing only on one side or something like that. The nurse checked me again right after this and I was still 3. At this point I'm thinking that this is starting to look like a long day...

So about 12:15 he's done with the epi and I'm feeling good. He explained the button thing and pushed it once for me and left me to nap. Which I did. Oh but not before my blood pressure dropped and I got sick. After that I was fine, but starving!! So Holland kept moving off the heartbeat monitor when I was trying to nap, and I kept having to adjust it so my nurse didn't have to keep coming back in. At one she comes in to see how I am and that while she's there she might as well check me. She starts to feel around in there and that quickly starts going, "Oh! Oh! Don't sneeze, laugh, talk, nothing! I'm flipping you on your side, keep your legs together, your at 10 the baby is like right about to fall out!"*

So right before this, the woman in the room next to me has to have an emergency c-section. So both my dr and the on call dr was in the OR. The l and d nurses are preparing to deliver Holland on their own. Right as I was starting to push my dr comes flying into the room and they in robe her and re-robe and glove her really quickly!*

Pushing starts and I suck. I mean I worse than suck. I can't feel anything at all and they are telling me to push and I'm like....concentrating on the thought of pushing and trying to bear down...yeah I don't think I did anything. It had only been 45 minutes since the epi, the local, and he pushed the button for good measure! *I think had I had some time for some of that to wear off I could have pushed better. So I try to push for 15 minutes and than my dr ask for the vacuum assist thing. She pretty much just pulled Holland out during contractions. Poor baby looked like she had a doorknob on her head!! But had the dr not done that, there was no way I could have done it. The NICU nurses were called into check Holland because of the vacuum thing and it took them about two seconds to say she looked wonderful and fine.*

My dr and my nurse both told me that had Holland been a little bit bigger, I wouldn't have ever been able to deliver her on my own and it would have been for sure a c-section. I did have to be cut some and I tore a little as well, *but nothing to bad really, just a 1 degree. My PP nurses were awesome as we're the nursery nurses. The Lactation consultant on the other hand...I almost sent her out of my room! She didn't let Holland try anything for long before she was jumping to something else and rubbing my baby down with a wet wash cloth! Holland was so upset and that "consultation" was so not helpful at all. We learned much better on our own and Holland is doing wonderful now. She weighed 6.3 at birth and 5.12 when we took her home. Hospital says she was 19 and 3/4, her dr says she's more like 18 and 1/2.*

This was right before the epi...

This was seriously about 30 seconds after she was born, and you can tell by the look on her face she wasn't very pleased with being pulled out...lol

February 1st, 2012, 09:01 PM
Super Mommy
I love birth stories She is beautiful!! Great story.

February 1st, 2012, 10:35 PM
sarah_19_nz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for the birth story! Love it. Well done she is just precious

February 1st, 2012, 11:58 PM
isaroo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She's beautiful! Thanks for the story

~Missing our Angel ~ March 8, 2014~

Next Appointment August 6!

February 2nd, 2012, 05:35 AM
JTsquared's Avatar Co-Host of Feb 2012 PR
Great story and she is beautiful! Congrats!
February 2nd, 2012, 05:46 AM
marinewife0702's Avatar proud first time mama
how sweet!! I had a problem with the lactation consultant yelling at me for trying to feed conor before she came in...the poor guy was hungry. after that bf'ing went downhill fast. i swear it was her fault. congrats mama!!

February 2nd, 2012, 08:35 AM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats, I love the pictures.
February 2nd, 2012, 09:39 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I'm glad I already have breastfeeding down so I don't have to deal with the LC again. lol Great birth story! That third picture is precious!

February 2nd, 2012, 10:19 AM
Girl IS my name's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations!

Your baby was 6.3 lbs and they told you if she was any bigger you'd've had to have a c-section? Oh boy, I'm screwed!!!

Follow my blog: http://finallyfoundwhereibelong.wordpress.com/

Thank you Jaidynsmum for our PR Banner!!
February 2nd, 2012, 12:01 PM
Jillianne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
how great a birth! beautiful mama, just beautiful!

Make a pregnancy ticker
February 2nd, 2012, 01:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
wow things really did go quickly after the epi!!

she is so cute and tiny!!!

I was thinking the same thing about her being bigger i am pretty sure you could push out a bigger baby then 6lbs lol

Thank you Brittany for my very pretty siggy!
February 2nd, 2012, 01:47 PM
Bella11356's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ready_for_BabyMcD View Post
Congratulations!

Your baby was 6.3 lbs and they told you if she was any bigger you'd've had to have a c-section? Oh boy, I'm screwed!!!
Well I'm really little...but my dr cut me and I still tore in two places...one tear on each side on top. Her head was 12 inches so I think the dr is telling me that to maybe prevent major tearing next time. My pp nurse was a friend of mine in high school and she had like a 4+ tear if there was such a thing...her daughter is 2 and a half and she said she just now can sit for more than 30 minutes with out hurting....

I do not want that at alllll

February 2nd, 2012, 04:33 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
congratulations, she's beautiful! great job.
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search