Rhydian's Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 3rd, 2012, 11:26 AM
RandE's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Induction was scheduled for 9:00 pm on 2/1/12. My dr was worried about the baby's size and didn't want me going past my due date. He does automatic csections when they are 9.5 lbs or more and I didn't want that. Even with that knowledge he was pretty sure the baby would only be in the 8lb range.

I checked into L&D about 30 minutes early- they got me admitted and situated in bed. At about 9:10 pm they administered the first round of Cervadil. At this time I was 1.5 cm and 60% effaced. Contractions picked up about an hour later and were coming really well and consistent. I was rechecked around midnight and had progressed to 2.5-3 cms and 80% effaced. Contractions were coming really well on their own and I was progressing faster than they thought I would so they decided not to give me another round of Cervadil. Around 2 am I was 3.5-4 and a little more than 80% still. This is when my contractions started to peter out on me- I got into the shower and that helped to pick them up for a while, but they weren't coming as quickly as they were. I was given a VERY low dose of pitocin to try to speed things up again- they didn't want to make the contractions stronger but wanted to make them closer together. They were strong- but not unbearable at that point.

I was started on the pitocin around 4:30am at 5:30 am on the dot my water broke. My water breaking was the weirdest thing I had ever felt. I got a strong contraction then felt a lot of pressure, then it suddenly felt like someone kicked me in the crotch- I felt and heard a snap like someone broke a rubber band, and then water...... so weird. lol After that happened my contractions immediately got stronger and stronger. I was vocalizing and trying to breath through them but found that I really couldn't. I got a shot of nubain and some meds for nausea to try to take the edge off. The nubain helped for a little while but not long. It just made everything rather foggy and hard to remember after that.

I was checked again after 2 hours of hard labor. I hadn't made any progress and at that point knew I needed an epi. If I was progressing, I might have been able to ride them out- but knowing that I wasn't made all the pain very not worthwhile. I got my epi about 20 minutes later and immediately felt relief. It was about 6:30 am at this point. My dr came in to check me around 7:00 and I was completely effaced and at 4 cms. I layed down to rest for a while while a nurse sat with me. She checked me at 8:30 and I was suddenly at 8 cm. She checked me again at 9:00 and I was apparently fully dilated and ready to go- she didn't mention it, but calmly helped me lay on my left side. I was feeling ALOT of pressure in my butt- like I had been sitting too long and had gotten a bad pressure point. I kept telling her about it and she just kept saying "oh yeah, that's normal" very calmly. I loved how calm she was-but I'd really have loved to know that I was almost ready to push. She was letting me labor down for a while I now know.

She had me lay on my back again for what I thought was just a check. Out of know where she said "you can see the baby's head, wanna look dad?" OMG! Zach went to go look at his head and he said, "I see blonde hair!" I said "blonde? are you sure?" lol. My nurse calmly called everyone to come to my room for delivery. She called my OB and told him what was going on I heard her say, "no seriously- this is happening now." apparently he didn't believe her that I progressed so quickly. While we waited for my OB to get there she had me start pushing- OB came in and I got to feel his head as he crowned- so cool. I pushed for a total of about 20 minutes before Rhydian was delivered.

My entire labor and delivery experience lasted almost exactly 12 hours from start of induction. It was quick and easy- minus the few hours of intense contractions. I have a "minor" first degree tear on my labia and a few new hemorrhoids. So far, recovery has been worse than the actual labor. But it's all worth it for my little boy- who is just beautiful <3.

** He arrived at 9:46am on 02/02/12. He was 8lbs 7 oz and 19.5 inches long.**

Last edited by RandE; February 3rd, 2012 at 07:16 PM.
February 3rd, 2012, 11:42 AM
JTsquared's Avatar Co-Host of Feb 2012 PR
Wonderful story, thanks for sharing!
February 3rd, 2012, 05:51 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
congratulations!!! how much did he weigh?
i'm sorry you've been feeling worse, after the fact. those **** stitches are dreadful!
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

February 3rd, 2012, 07:21 PM
RandE's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by justjaQ View Post
congratulations!!! how much did he weigh?
i'm sorry you've been feeling worse, after the fact. those **** stitches are dreadful!
Updated! lol sorry! knew I forgot something.

February 3rd, 2012, 09:19 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
lol, i forgot to mention my kids' names, when i originally wrote my first two birth stories. :-D
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

February 3rd, 2012, 11:24 PM
sarah_19_nz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
great story! thanks

February 4th, 2012, 03:12 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
That's a great story. =) Stitches are aweful. Glad everything was so quick and smooth for you!
February 4th, 2012, 07:21 AM
sarha81's Avatar First-time Mommy to Jake
awww mama, great labor story, minus the painful recovery (hugs!). can't wait to see pictures of your little one. You went quick, from the 4 to fully dilated!
February 4th, 2012, 05:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
12 hours isnt horrible espically since you labored so quickly at the end!
glad the nurse stayed calm!
love his name! cant wait to see pics!
congrats again mama and enjoy

Thank you Brittany for my very pretty siggy!
February 4th, 2012, 05:37 PM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like a nice smooth delivery.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search