new jm member has questions...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 6th, 2012, 02:24 PM
I'm a brand new member to Just Mommies, & I'd like to become a member of the February Due Date Club, can someonre tell me how I can do that? Also, I'm due between Feb. 9th & Feb 16th, & at my last appointment I was diagnosed as "Placenta Previa".& placed me on bedrest. Does anyone out there know what that means? Unfortunatelly, I do not have adequate medical insurance & therefore can only afford to go to an "OB Clinic" instead of a private OBGYN & the doctor didn't take the time to answer my questions. When I tried to ask, I got his standard reply..." see my nurse on the way out". Now of course I'm worried, stressed out & wondering what this means for my baby girl. I'm 40 years old so I'm at risk just because of my age.
February 6th, 2012, 03:11 PM
JTsquared's Avatar Co-Host of Feb 2012 PR
You don't need to do anything to join us. I'm sorry I can't help you with your placenta question, but I will say that you posted this on the section where we share our birth stories, so try posting in the main forum. Hope you get some answers and good luck!
February 6th, 2012, 03:37 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Welcome! Ditto about not needing to do anything to join us. I believe placenta previa is where the placenta is over your cervix. If you were to dilate, it might cause bleeding. It would also be a problem during delivery. Did they say if it was full or partial?

I'm sorry about your OB. I have medicaid myself, but I still can pick any OB that I want here. Are you in the US?

Anyway, have fun here. The ladies are all very nice. Tell us all about yourself in the main part of the FDDC. What you're having if you know, when you're due.

Tags
placenta previa , pregnancy conserns

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search