Lucy's Arrival :) Long with photos!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By JTsquared
  • 1 Post By marinewife0702

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 7th, 2012, 04:38 PM
sarah_19_nz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Twas the night before... Lara's bday... all plans had been made (for the big party) 10pm'ish when the unforgettable Braxtons arrived, slight discomfort, bit of back pain. By 12.30am they were starting to get quite uncomfortable but not exactly painful yet. By 2.30am they HURT and were about 5-6min apart, about 30 sec long. 4am... Rang midwife (poor thing) I told her pain is manageable but now 2-3 min apart, 30sec in duration. She told me to call when they get stronger. 4.45am... contractions very painful now and 2-3 minutes apart, about 40 seconds in duration.

Get to hospital at approx 5.30am. I was at 4-5 cm dialated. Midwife broke my waters OUCH! Freakin heck! p.s Checking my dialation hurt more than a contraction did! Anyone else have this? So waters gushed all over the hospital bed UGH! Midwife was like "ohhh lovely clear water!" I was like no not lovely YUCK get me off this crap! hahahaha. Had a bit of a laugh... until the contractions came back and FARRRRRKKKKKK!!!! way more intense once waters are broken!!!!! I stripped nude and got into the shower (i am the most shy modest person normally but I did not care two hoots what or who saw me like this today!) Nitrous Oxide (laughing gas) was turned on and the hot water was flowing down my back thanks to Hubby Deep breaths through the gas seemed to just take the edge off, better than nothing right Totally not ready to get Epi yet.

7am'ish OMG this is so friggen intense! About to ask for Epi!!! Out of shower and sitting on swiss ball while leaning over bed and gas in my hand. Shaking and hardly able to breath the gas in coz so painful. Crying a little bit, moaning a little bit, silent alot.

Told midwife I will want an epi if this is going to carry on for more than an hour. She thought that Id probably only be within the hour b4 baby was born and suggested I try shower again and she will check me in 15 minutes for how dialated I had become. Into the shower again...QUICK ...b4 the next contraction! Only JUST made it before I was grasping for the gas pipe and sucking furiously, this gas crap doesn't do jack if you ask me, but I dont DARE try without. Im shaking and in agony now, if I was a dog at the side of the road they would probably 'put me down'

Next contraction.... OMG pain AND pressure down below!!!!! Too much pain to communicate this to Sam but my eyes said it all apparently... Sam called to the midwife and when the contraction subsided I said "pressure! feel like I want to push"... back to the room, lying on bed. Checked and at 8 cm (again checking me hurt MORE than just the contraction! ***?! midwife was weirded out) haha. nearly time to push... I was at this stage moaning, crying, sobbing, and screaming through the pain. So glad no one was filming! I must have looked a friggen fright!

It really does feel like you need to do a really BIG poo! and so so so so so painful hahaha. Anyway I was coached through the pushing, had to hold back just once, then push push push. 10 minutes of pushing and out she slithered! 8.21am... OMG what a feeling of relief!!!!!!!!!! Emotions took over as she was slopped onto my chest! Crying, laughing, cooing all at the same time. She was JUST beautiful, just like her sister when she was born. Lucy (no middle name yet) Webber...Full head of dark hair. 8lbs. 53cm long. Apgars 9 and 10. Screaming happily.

I recieved a second degree tear... towards the back, but aparently just skin tear more than deeper tissue. Stitched up while Sam dressed bubba girl for the first time. Over to mum for more breast milk action, sucking like a champion.

I can't believe the two different birth experiences Ive had, both fantastic for completely different reasons and both AWFUL for completely diferent reasons! I must admit now 4 days down the track recovery is FAR better, less painful and totally bearable. With Lara I was a mess for weeks and weeks after! Unable to sit or stand by myself and certainly not walk around on day 2! Ahhh feels good (despite utter sleep deprivation)

Sorry this is SOOOOOOO long. COngrats if you made it to the end.

February 7th, 2012, 04:46 PM
JTsquared's Avatar Co-Host of Feb 2012 PR
Great story! She is just precious. Love the picture of you holding her. And way to go managing the pain, you are a trooper!
sarah_19_nz likes this.
February 7th, 2012, 05:26 PM
marinewife0702's Avatar proud first time mama
I love it!! I have been waiting for an update with pics from you!! She has soo much hair, looks like you can put it in piggytails already lol. She is just precious Sarah, congrats!! <3
sarah_19_nz likes this.

February 7th, 2012, 05:59 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Her hair is gorgeous! There's so much! Congratulations!
February 7th, 2012, 09:59 PM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awesome job! And her hair is beautiful.
February 7th, 2012, 10:23 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
ah, congrats, i'm glad it went so well. she's a doll!
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

February 7th, 2012, 11:21 PM
LShumate1010's Avatar Super Mommy
What a great story! She is so cute, love the locks.
February 8th, 2012, 07:19 AM
Jillianne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
love it, shes beautiful and you did great!!!

Make a pregnancy ticker
February 8th, 2012, 07:25 AM
momtomonkeys's Avatar Super Mommy
Awesome story! She's precious and I cannot get over how much hair she has! lol
February 8th, 2012, 01:33 PM
Coby Jaylen Aubriya mom
look at all that hair!! Just gorgeous!
February 8th, 2012, 02:55 PM
BrittanyLBH's Avatar (Formerly DueFeb2012)
Oh, all the lovely hair!

February 8th, 2012, 06:37 PM
Girl IS my name's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She's just beautiful. Congratulations!!

Follow my blog: http://finallyfoundwhereibelong.wordpress.com/

Thank you Jaidynsmum for our PR Banner!!
February 9th, 2012, 08:14 AM
kellysensei's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What a cutie! Congrats!

Evan James (2/18/12) and Gabriel Anthony (6/5/10)

February 26th, 2012, 02:23 PM
newmommysarah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
oh my goodness look at all that hair! shes gorgeous well done

...and baby number 2
March 4th, 2012, 11:12 AM
Veteran
Sooo cute..congratulations!! Happy for ya...great story...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search