Inroducing princess Aubriya Nichole **With pics!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 3TimesCharm

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 8th, 2012, 12:45 PM
Coby Jaylen Aubriya mom
I was up pretty much all night on and off with diarreah and cramping on 2-2-12. I finally had my last bm around 6 am and slept until 10:30. As i sat up i felt like a little trickle in my underwear, so i got up and ran to the toilet. As soon as i sat down i heard my water leak into the toilet. I yelled to my dh that i think my water broke, but i was still 3cm and 50% effaced (just like i was at my last visit 2 days prior). Of course by the time he made it to the bathroom it wasnt leaking anymore so i decided to put a pad on and see if it was wet. I ate some cereal and sat on the couch. I told DH we should go walking b/c the pad was still dry and i wanted to see if anymore would come out. As soon as i stood up to get my shoes on i started leaking alot. He went to go get the boys from school and i finished packing our bags. We got admitted around 11:30 am and they verified that it was my water leaking. My step dad came and got our boys and my mom, sister, mother in law, and sister in law stayed at the hospital with us. I was having very irregular contx, so after about 3-4 hours of walking around the hospital and my contx not picking up they put me on pitocin. I was on pitocin until about 9:30pm when finally i felt like a rubber band snap in my cervix and the pain went from about a 3 to a 6!
Apparently it was a secondary break in my water. They checked me and i was at a 5 and 90%. They asked if i wanted the epi and i said i'll wait 10 min and see. Well after about 5 min the pain was at an 8 so i begged for the epi. While we waited for the epi she checked me again and i was a 7 with a small lip of cervix.
I got the epi and i only got relief on my left side so he came back and messed with the tube a little bit and had me lay on my side and then i had relief on my left side. Well then i realized that i wasnt getting any relief from the waist down and i was in so much pain in my bottom and vagina i was screaming. the redid the entire epi and gave me another dose too and i still got 0 relief from the pain. By this time i was crying and screaming it hurt so bad. The pain was a 10! So she checked me again and i was an 8 still with a lip of cervix, she also said the baby was at a +1 which she rarely sees unless a person was ready to push, so basically she was already half way out but they couldnt let me push b/c there was still a small lip of cervix. The urge to push kept getting stronger and stronger. The pain was unbelievable. I kept begging them to let me push and i finally got the ok when they checked again b/c i was at a 10. Then i realized i was scared to push because i knew i'd feel everything, but the urge was so strong i pushed about 3 times with the 1st contx and 2 times with the 2nd and she was out i felt the "ring of fire" the whole time. She was born at 1:16 am on 2-3 she was 5lbs 10oz, 19 inches of perfection. Her apgars were 9 and 9. The dr had my placenta out without me even realizing it. It was such a relief and the pain stopped immediately! I am so blessed. She is AMAZING. Her name is Aubriya Nichole Lee (pronounced Aw-bree-uh)

all my babies
Tbaby likes this.
February 8th, 2012, 02:26 PM
sarah_19_nz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awwwwww Congrats! she is gorgeous! Well done for getting through the pain with the failed Epi!

February 8th, 2012, 03:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
shes so cute!!! love that hair!
February 8th, 2012, 04:08 PM
JTsquared's Avatar Co-Host of Feb 2012 PR
Yay, congrats mama!
February 8th, 2012, 06:33 PM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
She's a cutie. I'm sorry your epi didn't work.
February 8th, 2012, 06:44 PM
Girl IS my name's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations!!

Follow my blog: http://finallyfoundwhereibelong.wordpress.com/

Thank you Jaidynsmum for our PR Banner!!
February 8th, 2012, 10:36 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
congratulations!! your kids are beautiful. sorry the epidural didn't work-- the one time i had one, it only worked on one half, so i didn't bother this time. it's ridiculous how many stories you'll find where they don't work how they should!
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

February 11th, 2012, 10:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
she is so cute!!!
i bet the boys are loving her so much!!!
that would stink going through all of that getting the epi for it not to work when you need it to
great ap scores and beautiful name

Thank you Brittany for my very pretty siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search