Hailey's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DoNiSe

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 10th, 2012, 05:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Induction date set for 2/6/2012

5 days before my due date bc per ultrasound she was going to be a big girl and i had already had a 9lb baby a week early.

I had to call L&D at 5am to make sure they had a bed open! car was packed the night before and alarm was set for 4:45.. I called at 4:55 couldnt wait till 5:00 I was so nervous...they said to come on in yay I was still nervous but excited that I was having a baby today!

We got to the hospital at 5:30 and had to go to registration and then headed to 4th floor L&D checked into my room & got the IV started at 6:00a.m. ( which the nurse had trouble with it and blew the vain and i have a huge bruise on my wrist )

6:30a.m 2ml of Pitocin was started and then wait until my doctor showed up

8:30a.m doctor showed up and checked me I was 4cm but cervix was still really thick so she tried to break my water and nothing happened she said maybe it will start to come out shortly.

11:30 I was having some contractions but nothing painful at all and was told that i was already on the max drip of the Pitocin and was 5cm.. I was going crazy that nothing was happening and it was taking so long ( for me bc my other labors were only 3 & 4 hours long ) So she broke my water and lots of clear fluid which that really got things going

12:45 contractions started coming 2.5 mins apart and strong but not really painful...they were more bothering bc they wouldnt let up and were long one right after another

1:55 I was 7cm and decided to get neuban local to take the edge off so i could try and relax since they were long and coming so close together.... Kinda made me feel loopy for alittle less then an hour before it wore off

3:45ish doctor came in and checked me again and I was 8-9cm within 10mins of her checking me I felt the pressure and need to push so i told my mom and the nurse rushed in there and I was already crowning/ her head was pretty much out.

3:59p.m The doctor rushed in just in time and I gave one big push and then another small push and out came Hailey.

She had the cord wrapped around her neck which later after i had a panic found out that it wasnt really tight(which i thought she wasnt breathing bc she didnt cry ) but Kevin was told to rush and cut the cord and i looked down and she wasnt crying and looked really white to me and i thought something was wrong.. they rushed her to the warmer and guess it just took a min or so to get her crying and DH and my mom said she pinked up right away after that. Her scores were 6 & 8

weird thing the doctor showed me was my placenta had an extra loab in it which doctor said she not sure why that happened and she dont see that very often

even tho the induction took 10 hours nothing really started till 11:30 so i say labor was actually only alittle over 5 hours ( since breaking my water got things started haha )

No epi, no tears, no stitches

with my other kids I had DH, my twin sister, my mom & MIL in the room but this time around they were not going to budge and only let 3 people in the room so MIL wasnt in the room this time around ( I kinda felt bad that she wasnt able to be in there but really wasnt much i could do at that point bc it was either my MIL or my twin sister and I would pick my twin sister over anyone for anything )

stats:
date: 2/6/12
time: 3:59p.m
weight: 8lbs 13oz
length: 20 1/2 inches long
daneeleigh likes this.

Thank you Brittany for my very pretty siggy!

Last edited by DoNiSe; February 10th, 2012 at 05:31 PM.
February 10th, 2012, 06:08 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Sounds like it went smoothly. She's so cute! I'm sorry you didn't get everyone in the room this go. They told me I could have however many I wanted, but they would lie to family because I only want one. lol Ouch about the blown vein.
February 10th, 2012, 11:38 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
congratulations! beautiful pictures.
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

February 11th, 2012, 05:11 AM
JTsquared's Avatar Co-Host of Feb 2012 PR
Well done lady! She's beautiful.
February 11th, 2012, 01:55 PM
sarah_19_nz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats again and well done she is just beautiful.

March 4th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Veteran
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search