Kinlee Addison (short)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 13th, 2012, 05:18 PM
BrittanyLBH's Avatar (Formerly DueFeb2012)
We went in for my scheduled induction at about 11:45pm CST on February 2nd. We got one dose of Cytotek at 1am on 2/3 and I started Pitocin at 6am. I was not dilated enough to break my water. At 5am, I woke up to contractions 1 minute apart. They decided not to increase Pitocin b/c my contractions were as regular as they could get already. I was still not dilated. From 5am-1pm, my contractions were 1 minuted apart. I finally agreed to IV pain meds. I NEVER dilated any. At 1:55pm on 2/3 (at 36 weeks gestation, 6lbs, 13oz [6lbs 8oz after a diaper blow-out] and about 19.5 inches long) my little girl was born via c-section (spinal block). She was taken to the nursery for apgars (8 and 9), bath, etc while I was in recovery. We noticed it was taking a long time after I was put in my room to have her brought to me so we kept asking and asking for her. Finally, they told us that she had gone blue and limp after screaming/crying during her bath. X-ray showed one of her lungs was only half inflated. She has to be transported to a children's hospital about 45 minutes away b/c their NICU didn't have a c-pap. I never got to hold her. I was devastated. The whole point of the amnio was to prevent this, but since she was c-section, fluid wasn't pushed from her lungs in the birth canal. I tried to labor, but I couldn't dilate. I didn't dilate any after 12 hours. Anyway, I was able to see her for a couple minutes, but was not allowed to hold my baby for 2 days until I was released from the hospital and went straight to the NICU. She was in the NICU for 6 days and finally came home! For those who don't know, I HAD to be induced b/c of Intrahepatic Cholestasis of Pregnancy & Mild Preeclampsia. I only did it to protect her. I didn't know she would be in the NICU. But she is 100% healthy, fully stable, and no issues whatsoever. <3

Last edited by BrittanyLBH; March 14th, 2012 at 04:08 AM.
February 13th, 2012, 05:30 PM
JTsquared's Avatar Co-Host of Feb 2012 PR
So happy your baby girl is healthy. I know it wasn't a fairytale birth, but now you're together and she's perfect. You are both strong ladies!
February 13th, 2012, 06:10 PM
sarah_19_nz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for your birth story. Sorry it wasn't smooth sailing, but she is here now, and by the sounds of things happy and healthy! Not to mention REALLY cute Well done mumma!

February 13th, 2012, 11:07 PM
Thanks, ladies! It so was not what I wanted, but the pain of having her taken is such a distant memory. At the time, I wanted to sneak out of the hospital and go to her. lol. But She is finally home and with me and lovely. <3

Last edited by BrittanyLBH; February 13th, 2012 at 11:14 PM.
February 14th, 2012, 06:54 AM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
love her name!!

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
February 14th, 2012, 11:34 AM
Thanks, Daddy picked it! <3 Who knew a man would be that adventurous. lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search