Julia's story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 14th, 2012, 07:02 AM
Veteran
Hello girls,

It's been a really long time since I last wrote.... and I want to congratulate all of you on your beautifull babies..there are so many of them now!!!

Well my baby girl Julia is here too ..she was born on Feb 2nd at 23.58 she wighed 3.250 kg and was 51cm long.....now she weighs a bit less and has grown a bit....

I've been wanting to write for so long but between one thing and the other I wasn't able to...
I still have 5min before she wakes up so I thought I'd write and tell ya her story...

At 5. 30 am I started having contractions every 20 min, it was snowing a lot out side , it started the day before, we had gone to the hostipal the morning before because I had a visit and my mucus plug had come out... they visited me and sent me home..

I waited until the contractions were 5 min apart and then woke nic up to tell him it was time.... We got ready, and waited till the rythm of the contractions was actually 5min....then we went off, in the ice, the roads hadn't been cleaned yet and it was snowing hard, Nic calls his Dad to tell him we're on our way to the hospital and he tells him that there's a car accident on the highway to our hospital!! so they had to close that exit!! WE are forced to take the long way which takes us more than an hour..in the snow..in a qeue!!

We get to the hostital a t 10 and they do a check up on my contactions, I am dialated but only 2cm...so they keep me in observation.....the contractions are 3\5min apart and always stronger but I'm still 2cm...this goes on until 7pm...the contractions at this point are unbareable and they give me a bed...finally..

At around 8 my waters break and they see that I'm still 2cm...I'm not dialating..the contractions are getting stronger and stronger and the pain is a lot. Then they see that the water is dirty with poop so they tell us that within an hour they have to give me a cesear cut.

I ask if I can go in the water to relax and one of the nurses agrees with me and proposes it to the Dr. ...but the baby isn't very active so they want to wait....at this point I am in alot of pain..they check my heart...and finally at around 23.00 they decide to bring me to the tub....

As soon as I manage to get into the water my back pain decreased and I only feel the contractions...all other pains seem to dissapear.... I feel the need to push and ask if I can...

THey say I can try if I want to....in 15 mins I dialated from 2 to 8cm!! the doctor can't believe it.....neither can I ..but really happy that I don't have to go through with a c. cut I start pushing...

After a couple of pushes they can see the head..with the push after it comes out....and 3 pushes later I push Julia out with the last strenght I had inside of me.. I pushed so hard I ripped my self up a bit.. (three stiches) but all the pain dissapears suddenly and there I am holding a beautifull baby girl..

The feeling is amazing...I still can't believe I did it... I'm a mother and both Nic and I are completely in love.. It was hard and I didn't think the pain would be that much and that sort of pain honestly...at a certain point I thought I was gonna go and visit my parents in heaven...honestly....my body had no more strenght, the contractions never gave me a break...and I was so tired...but I did it.. Nic was great, he couldn't bear to see me suffer.. and I think that's the hardest part for the man...non being able to stop the pain of the woman he loves...

So here we are now...parents for the first time....trying to figure out what each cry means and running around making milk and pulling mine and just basically living for her...

It is truly a miracle....and a new life lays ahead...

Thanks letting me share my baby's story with you all...
And thanks for having been here all these months for me...
Even if I wasn't always here...you always were..
Thanks
Jess

Last edited by jmap; February 14th, 2012 at 07:05 AM.
February 14th, 2012, 08:44 AM
JTsquared's Avatar Co-Host of Feb 2012 PR
Aww, lovely story! I'm so glad everything went well and your baby girl is here. Congrats!
February 15th, 2012, 04:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
awww congrats mama!
scary with all the snow and ice but glad you made it to the hospital safe
and so happy that your body started to progress on its own and you were able to avoid the C-section! and have a water birth sounds amazing!
yep all the pain is worth it as soon as your holding your baby!!
thanks for sharing your story!
and enjoy your baby girl

Thank you Brittany for my very pretty siggy!
February 15th, 2012, 11:51 AM
sarah_19_nz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for your story! Congrats and well done

February 16th, 2012, 12:05 PM
ASoldiersLuckyCharm's Avatar Three's A Charm <3
Send a message via ICQ to ASoldiersLuckyCharm Send a message via Yahoo to ASoldiersLuckyCharm Send a message via Skype™ to ASoldiersLuckyCharm
Thanks for sharing your story congrats

all graphics made by Jackie at http://cutesypies.livejournal.com/ & http://blushfuls.com/ tell her Judy sent you
February 18th, 2012, 12:05 PM
momtomonkeys's Avatar Super Mommy
Congratulations!
February 18th, 2012, 03:54 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Congratulations! I'm so glad you didn't need the cesarean. Looks like all you needed was to relax some in that bath.
February 18th, 2012, 08:45 PM
sarha81's Avatar First-time Mommy to Jake
beautiful story, congrats on a wonderful birth and your little julia!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search