Nevaeh's birth story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By woohoo502
  • 1 Post By mommy2noelle
  • 1 Post By jessica25
  • 1 Post By Dizzi
  • 1 Post By ericab

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 22nd, 2012, 04:05 PM
joey_emmysmommy's Avatar Super Mommy
I have been waiting to write this because it has been hard for me I had a couple of complications with my c-section but things seem to be going ok now.

I went to my 36 week appt. on 2/7/12 and me and my dr had already talked about taking her on that day because of all the complications and pains I was having. Well he walks in and i tell him I am having bad back pain not many contractions but my back was killing me and the pelvic pressure was horrible so he checks me and I had progressed from a 2 to a 4 and completly efaced so he sent me to the hospital.
I get to the hospital and check in and get upstairs and I could tell that the charge nurse (whom I had seen a few times already) looked like she was mad but they get me all hooked up to everything get me preped for the c-section after about an hour my dr comes in and says the nurses are giving him a hard time about taking the baby preterm they wanted to admit me into the hospital until my due date or my water broke which ever came first. I told him I wanted him to do the c-section and I wanted him to do it now and he told me that's what he wanted so he could get me out of all the pain I had been having so as long as I was ready he was going to fight for me to have the c-section then he said the nurses were worried about getting wrote up for taking a preemie by c-section when my labor had stopped already.
Well he went to the head of the hospital and I was able to finally have my c-section. When he opens me up and takes out Nevaeh he shows her to me and told me she was fine then the next thing I hear is I need a clap over her we have ruputed blood vessel then I here Brandy I think there is a tumor on your uterus (sp?) I told him if he had to take everything out then take it the next thing I know I was asleep.
I woke up a little bit later in post partum and asked what happened did he have to take everything or not. He said no he stopped the bleeding and did the tubal and then closed me up he said that since everything is so swollen at that time he wanted the swelling to go down so he could get a good look at it and make sure that it is a tumor or if it was just an abnormal swelling spot.

Well the recovery has gone pretty good I was in pain for about 4 days. I went in on Tuesday and came home on Friday the next day I was walking around wal-mart.

My beautiful baby girl is awesome she is doing great for being early.
I waited so long to write this because it has made me depressed not knowing if I have a tumor inside me and if it is cancer or what I also have so much brusing from the vessel rupturing that I haven't been able to talk about it without crying but so far so good right now.
My dr put me on zoloft for depression and it seems to be helping.

Anyways that is my birth story it might be silly for me to cry about it every time and not want to talk about it but that is how I felt. Thanks ladies for being there for me through the pregnacy and a BIG THANKS to Nia my ddb for listening to me about this the other day.

February 22nd, 2012, 05:10 PM
woohoo502's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow! I really hope it isn't a tumor or cancer, just an abnormal swelling spot. Welcome to the world, Nevaeh!
joey_emmysmommy likes this.

February 22nd, 2012, 05:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Huge hugs Brandy! Like I told you the other day...the most important thing is that both you and Nevaeh are safe. And she is beautiful for sure.

Glad you're healing well too.
February 22nd, 2012, 08:01 PM
Super Mommy
You have had a tough time! I'm glad you are feeling better! Come and vent when you feel down, it will help to have these great sympathetic ladies.
February 22nd, 2012, 10:37 PM
joey_emmysmommy's Avatar Super Mommy
Thank you ladies. I don't know what I would do without you!!

February 23rd, 2012, 05:58 AM
Dizzi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How scary I'm so sorry you're having to deal with all of that, especially during such a sweet time as having that beautiful girl of yours! I hope it's just swelling and nothing more serious

Welcome to the world, beautiful Nevaeh!

February 23rd, 2012, 06:15 AM
ericab's Avatar Veteran
wow scary, but i'm glad that everything turned out to be ok!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search