Log In Sign Up

Linkin Archer <3

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 4th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Super Mommy
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NW, Indiana
Posts: 755
Finally getting around to posting Linkin's birth story. Life has been hectic I had to leave him and go back to school at 9 days I was so emotional.

Anyway. I woke up on the 22nd and showered to get ready for work, realized my contractions seemed kinda close so once again began timing them. They were 6-8 min apart for 30 minutes . Joe said just wait til they were that way for an hour because we'd been through this before and they would slow or stop.

So after being consistent for an hour, we woke up DD and started getting her ready for daycare and did not tell her what was happening just that Joe was taking me to the doctor again.

By the time every one was ready and DD was dropped at daycare, the contractions were 4 minutes apart and we still had an hour drive to the hospital. I called a nurse on the way and she told me they needed to be under 5 minutes apart for a full hour before going in. I told her no. We live an hour away and we were on our way to the hospital, they were getting closer and stronger.

When we get there they get us to a room and check me....I was 5 cm dialated. Then they tell me that my doc is off at noon that day and probably won't be delivering. This was about 10:00 am. So they continue to check us in, hook up the IV, etc. The doctor came in to apologize and introduce us to one of his partners that would be delivering (I really liked her).

As time wore on, I got increasingly curious about epidurals even though the plan was to go all natural. I finally decided that maybe getting an epidural would be best since DD was going to be coming down to meet her little brother right away. I just thought that I wouldn't be as exhausted and I would be in better shape to see her.

So they check me again and I was 9cm. They even said I was doing fine and they weren't sure why I would want an epi at that point, but they put it in. An hour and a half later, the doctor came in to break my water and it was time. They had me push 9 times (3 sets of 3) and he was here.

He is absolutely perfect in every way too. I couldn't ask for more.

Coming soon...... Linkin Archer
Reply With Quote
March 4th, 2012, 10:14 AM
JTsquared's Avatar Co-Host of Feb 2012 PR
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Akron, Ohio
Posts: 2,901
Sounds like a great labor! Sorry you had to go back to school so soon, that must have been hard.
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0