Mason's birth story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ethansmom0408

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 4th, 2012, 02:48 PM
ethansmom0408's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was losing my mucous plug for days and cramping off and on at night but I didn't think much of it because I was seeing my ob on 2/29. She checked my bp and my cervix the day of my appointment. My bp was very high and I was very swollen. She told me to come back in on 3/1 for a bp recheck and that I would be having the baby that day. We went in on 3/1 and my bp was normal. She was amazed. She checked my cervix again and I went from being 3 to 4 cm dilated in one day. She told me to go home and take it easy. She said that if I were to go into labor to call her immediately. She told me to be at her office on 3/2 because she was going to get me on the surgery schedule for a c-section. We went to her office at 8 a.m. I was cramping quite a bit. We went to the perioperative unit of the hospital and was taken into the or at 2:00. They prepped me with a spinal block and prepared my stomach. Mason was born at 2:44 pm. I heard him crying and the nurse behind me started laughing because his head was out but the rest of his body was still in my stomach. He has a pair of lungs on him He weighed 7lb 6oz and was 20 1/2" long. He is a very sweet baby who sleeps alot. I hope this continues when we get him home and on a routine. DS isn't too crazy about his baby brother yet. I don't know if he doesn't understand yet but he will once we get home. We're being released on Monday, 3/5 because I'm healing up so fast from my c-section. I was getting in and out of bed the night of my c-section on my own with very little pain. The doctors and nurses were amazed.
CAMPMOMMYAMY likes this.

March 4th, 2012, 06:36 PM
Dan's wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats!! I'm glad you're healing so well!

March 4th, 2012, 08:20 PM
kdrew88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow, that's impressive how soon you were up and around. Congrats!

First Time Mommy to Tatum Elaine born March 10th, 2012. 8 lbs, 9 oz, 21 inches long
March 4th, 2012, 10:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations! Thanks for sharing, sounds like things couldn't have gone better.

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w.../ryderlee1.gif
March 7th, 2012, 08:38 PM
woohoo502's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats! I hope Ethan warms up to his baby brother!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search