Zachary William 3/2/12

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 7th, 2012, 08:03 PM
woohoo502's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had a repeat c-section scheduled for Monday, 3/5. Around 12:45 Friday, 3/2 I woke up to pee. I stood up when I was done and as I puled my pants up, I felt a gush. At first, I thought it was weird that I peed my pants right after going, and I sat back down real fast. I felt a couple more gushes and started to be pretty sure I had broken my water.

DH was just getting ready to go to bed, and I informed him that I thought my water had broke. The look of shock on his face was priceless. I told him I had put on a pad and was going to see how much more fluid came out. As soon as I laid down in the bed, more came out and I announced that no more guessing, it had to be my water.

I called my doctor and explained the situation, and she agreed that it sounded like my water. She told me to head to the hospital. She asked me what I was going to want to do, in terms of c-section vs. VBAC. I told her I wanted to wait and see what sort of progress I had before I made my decision.

We called my MIL to come and stay with Zoe and then we packed a bag (hadn't done this yet ) and when she got there, we headed in. At the hospital, they hooked me up to the monitors and waited for a resident to come through and check to see if my water had in fact broken.

When they came to check me, I was apparently sitting in a puddle, so it was pretty apparent that my water had in fact broken. I really hadn't dilated any more than I was at my Tuesday appointment nor had I effaced. After siting with the monitors on me, we could see that I wasn't even contracting. None of that were good signs for a VBAC. DH and I had discussed in the car if there wasn't any progress or signs that this would be successful, then we would just do a repeat section. So, that is what they started prepping for.

When my doctor arrived, they wheeled me to the OR and prepped me for the surgery. I got the spinal and for some reason I was really paranoid about it not taking. It turns out, I wasn't being paranoid for no reason. I had random places where I could feel not only the tugging and pulling, but the pain of what they were doing. Things started to get a bit hazy for me.

I remember hearing him cry when he was born and seeing him over the curtain. I think I remember DH bringing him to me. Then the next thing I remember is waking up looking for DH and Zachary and they weren't there. Apparently, my doctor was concerned about the amount of vocalization I was having about what I could feel. Because it was random, she had a hard time knowing what actually was going on, but they thought if I was having any pain, it was better to just put me under, which they did. I guess I would prefer that then to feel them o the rest of the surgery.

I met DH and Zachary in recovery. He nursed like a champ. I was still in quite a bit of pain. The nurses even commented about how much I was feeling on my ride out of recovery to my room, and then when they transferred me to the bed. For me, the epidural was way better than the spinal.

Zachary William
3/2/12
7lbs 15 oz
20 inches

March 9th, 2012, 04:07 PM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
He is so gorgeous! I'm sorry you didn't get a chance to VBAC, but I would've made the same call in your position. And wow, that just sucks about the spinal! I have a friend who's had 2 sections, and she said the epidural was way better than the spiral for her as well. That was my number 1 fear, feeling something in surgery Congratulations, though, I'm glad he is here and all is well!

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
March 10th, 2012, 07:05 AM
mommy2noelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
He is so cute! Congratulations!!!!

I love the picture of him and Zoe together.

And can I just say, all you women with your water breaking had me so paranoid every single time I went to the bathroom, especially since he was so big and I had so much pressure. LOL!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

March 30th, 2012, 04:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! He's soo cute!! I love the pic of him and big sis Zoe together, adorable
Johnny age 4 born October 8, 2008
SHANE IS HERE!! Born March 1, 2012

Breastfeeding for 8 months now!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search