Christopher's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 10th, 2012, 04:42 AM
mythreesons's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
His due date was March 12th but since I had already had 3 c-sections, I was going to be delivering this little one by c-section also. At about 24 weeks, we decided to schedule the c-section for March 6th (my birthday). About two weeks before the schedules day, I started developing high blood pressure and spilling proteins. I was diagnosed with mild preclampsia. After several tests, NSTs, and u/s, my OB decided that we should deliver him a bit earlier than the originally scheduled date. We decided on March 1st. AT 6am on March 1st, DH and I headed to the hospital to meet our little man. We were brought into the OR at about 8:45. It took several attempts to get the spinal in (OUCH) b/c I have a slight curvature to my spine. Once that was done, things moved fast. My OB kept me up to date on everything. First cut was made at 9:06am. Christopher came out at 9:13 am. He then proceeded to pee and pee and pee. They said he must have peed at least 5 times in the OR. Once they cleaned him up, DH got to hold him and I got to see my little man for the first time. He was beautiful! 9 lb 6oz, 21" long, and lots of black hair. Finally at 9:42, I was closed up and ready to move to recovery. I didn't expect to see my little man until I was out of recovery but they asked if I would mind nursing since he was showing signs that he was hungry. When I got him, he latched right on and proceeded to eat and eat. It was wonderful to be able to bond with him right away.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my wonderful siggy!

Me: Kristine

March 10th, 2012, 07:07 AM
mommy2noelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awww!!!! Congratulations!

I wish they let you record c-sections so you could have seen ds peeing.

He really is adorable though!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

March 10th, 2012, 08:42 AM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
awwew!!! yay for nursing right away!
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
March 15th, 2012, 08:49 AM
woohoo502's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats! Zachary peed all over the warmer when he came out too. Silly boys! Glad you got to nurse in recovery. Super awesome!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search