Katelynn Jade

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 22nd, 2012, 09:44 PM
pixiedust012404's Avatar Lovin my baby girl
On March 1st we went to our last prenatal visit. My BP had been high for about a little over a month and was still high at this visit, so doc said lets have you come in at 10pm on the 3rd, which was 38 weeks and 5 days.

So, on March 3rd at 10pm Dh, our moms, and I went into the hospital. I was hooked up to the NST monitiors. I was only 1 cm and about 50% effaced, so the doctor put the pill thing up in my cervix to soften it, and then gave me an ambien so I would get some sleep.

At 2:45 am they did the pill thing again.

At 7:00am I was having small contractions every 1-3 minutes that I couldn't feel and they started pitocin, which they upped by 2ml every 20 minutes or so.

Around 8:00am I started feeling what felt like bad menstrual cramps, and when the on call doctor checked I was 2cm & 70%.

When he checked again at 10am, nothing had changed so he asked me "if I wanted to really get this ball rolling" and broke my water.

After he broke my water my contractions got progressively unbearable, so I got an epidural around 12:30pm. I was in heaven after that, I couldn't feel a thing.

At about 4:00pm I started feeling my contractions again, even worse than before I got my epi. They were coming less than a minute apart and lasting a long time. The nurse checked me, thinking maybe I was complete, but I was only 4-5cm. So the anitesiologist (wow I butchered that!) came in and spent forever trying to figure out why I was feeling my contractions.

Around 5:30pm he finally decided to replace the epi and noticed that my previous one had backed out a bit.

At 7:00pm I started feeling pressure every time I had a contraction, and LOTS of pressure in my bum. I called the on call nurse in (my nurse was at lunch) and told her I had to poop and she said it was probably the babys head. I said NO! I HAVE TO POOP! She wouldn't check me though, wanted my nurse to do it and then she left. I was freaking out telling my DH and our moms that I needed to push, I couldn't stop my self. My MIL called the nurse and told her that I needed to push. My nurse finally came in and checked me. I was 9 cm, a lip of cervix, and baby was +1 station. My nurse told me that my doctor was doing a C-section and we had to try to wait for her. She told me I could do small pushes but not to bear down.

Around 7:30pm my doctor came in and I was able to really start pushing. While pushing I seriously thought I was going to die. I was getting so unbearably hot and my heart rate got up to 160 bpm. Baby's heart rate stayed steady the whole time, didn't even decel at all when I was pushing. I ended up with a 3rd degree episotomy and got a bad fever. Baby was slighty turned so she wouldn't have came out without the episotomy.

At 8:46 pm on March 4th 2012 Katelynn Jade was born. She weighed 7 lbs 6 oz and was 19 inches of beautifulness!!

KJ at 2 weeks old:

thank you jaidynsmum for my siggie!

March 25th, 2012, 09:21 PM
woohoo502's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aww! Congrats! She is beautiful!

March 27th, 2012, 07:32 AM
pixiedust012404's Avatar Lovin my baby girl
Thank you!!

thank you jaidynsmum for my siggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search