Cooper's birth story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 24th, 2012, 09:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It all started on Tuesday march 13th when I went to my 39 week appt. I was dilated to 2 and soft. We discussed not letting me go past my due date which was the 18th but he really didn't think I'd make it to my due date with all the contractions I had been having. Then he felt around and decided that the baby felt like he was at least 8lbs and didn't want me to go past my due date so we decided that if I didn't go on my own by Friday the 16th that I'd be induced that morning.
So from Tuesday night until Friday morning I kept feeling like it was going to happen at anytime I would contract for hours, had bloody show then nothing for a few hours I was exhausted by Friday morning.
Anyways Friday morning came and nothing so I went in at 8 amfor my induction. I was very nervous because I went on my own with dd and had a terrible 34 hour labor without my pain well managed.
My ob had assured me this time would be different and we even went to a different hospital this time.
So at 8 I had my Iv started, I was contracting on my own. My dr had pitocin started at 830am and by 930 his associate came and broke my water, nice clear fluid.
I started immediately having good strong contractions and was told I could get my eidural at anytime. I waited until I couldn't stand it and right when the pain was becoming pretty unbearable I was about 4 cm and decided to get my epidural. My epidural with my dd never worked so I was scared of a repeat.
Luckily this time my epidural worked fantastic, it was amazing! I was able to sit and rest my eyes or talk to my dh, my mom and my sister who were all there for the delivery. It was great everytime the nurse checked me I was 1-2cm further dilated. I was 5cm by 1200 and my dr decided to slow down the pitocin so he'd be there in time after his office closed at 130, I didn't care things were going great so smooth!
Then at 330 the nurse said ohby the time he gets here you'll be complete.
I was so excited but I was exhausted and didn't feel ready to push.
Sure enough when my dr came in at 430pm I was ready to go so he had me try pushing for awhile. He felt around and said baby is occipital posterior meaning he was facing the wrong way so the biggest part of his head was coming first instead of the smallest, which can be the cause for a c section sometimes which is my greatest fear n my ob knew I wanted to avoid that!
After an hour and a half of pushing on my back and crying between pushes because I was frustrated not making any progress and my pushes felt ineffective. My ob decided to have me lay on my left side and push that way, which felt so much better I could tell right away I was doing something effective.
He let me take a few 15 minute breaks to keep up my energy and was always so encouraging and after an hour of side pushing I had made enough progress that he had me flip back to my back so he could rotate himbetter on the way out. I ended up needing a huge grade 3 episotomy and he needed some vacuum assistance in order to get his head out. That last half hour was so painful. Finally after 3.5 hours of pushing, a huge episotomy, and vacuum assistance, my Cooper was born at 727pm. A whooping 9lbs and 20.5inches. He is just beautiful!
I' m so in love! He latched on right after delivery and has been nursing greAt since.
I had some problems bleeding, my uterus wouldn't contract after birth and the nurses had to aggressively manually massage it which was painful.
My dh and my mom and sister were so supportive, my ob was fabulous, I'm so glad he didn't give up after 2 hours of pushing like most obs would but Cooperwas tolerating everything perfectly.
Recovery has been much rougher than after dd but worth it! My ob says if I can deliver a9lb posterior
baby, I can deliver anything lol.
My dd is fantastic with him. I'm so incredibly happy, my labor was a breeze, pushing was hard but look at the outcome

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w.../ryderlee1.gif
March 25th, 2012, 08:16 PM
woohoo502's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aw! Congrats! I'm so glad your doctor was able to help you avoid a c-section.

March 26th, 2012, 07:18 AM
Lovemykiddos!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Lovemykiddos!
Congrats!!!
March 26th, 2012, 01:49 PM
kdrew88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Great story! Glad your doc was so supportive and everything turned out so great!

First Time Mommy to Tatum Elaine born March 10th, 2012. 8 lbs, 9 oz, 21 inches long

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search