Casey Lane's Birthstory

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 26th, 2012, 09:02 AM
txranchmom's Avatar Country Momma to the Core
Been working on this for a week, when I had the time, now I think I got it all finished. lol

Well my little Cowboy entered the world on 3/15 at 9:14 pm. Was an all in all out longer labor than my first. I'd woken up in a sweat that Tuesday night/Wed morning twice just completely wet from head to to, thanks to a drop in progesterone, then when I got up the contractions started sporadically. They were a little more painful than the BH's I'd been having since week 20, so I piled in with DH and DS and we took a yearling and a dry cow to the sale, and I motored around wally world for a while pushing a basket getting a few things, felt off all day that day too. On the way home, we decided to go ahead and leave DS with my mom, in case this turned out to be the real deal, so we wouldn't have any midnight meet ups (he didn't do well with the one we had when I had to go in for my bp, and was really really upset). Came home, checked emails, got a few last minute things together and walked out to the pens to feed. Finally laid down about 8 and they were getting to be about every 15-11 minutes. Got up at about 9:30, and took a shower since I didn't know I'd get another one, and laid down again. About 10:30 they were sure enough every 10 minutes, so we loaded up and went in, since we are a distance from the hospital. Got checked in, about 11:30pm or 12:00am, and they monitored me, I was having them but not close enough together to be considered active labor. Decided to keep me overnight and consult with the doc in the morning. He came in and decided that I was in active enough labor the next morning to give me something to help me along, and that was the cryotec(sp) I think it's called? I can't remember the exact name but it was a pill that would help make the contractions stronger. Took the first dose and like 15 mins later, BAM they hit, hurt but the pain was manageable. Still 1 1/2 cm. About 6 or so hours later at about 2 pm or so they gave me another dose, still 1 1/2 cm/ By three I was 2 and ready for the epi, was a bit concerned about getting one so early (because I did with the first and it wore off too soon and I felt the WHOLE birth), but then the big ones started so I went ahead and got it. One the joy! No pain! LOL by the 5:30 check I was at 3-4 cm and 100% effaced, and from then it just went like a roller coaster, an hour and half later at 7 pm I was already a 7, and then at about 8:30 I was at a 10. Doc came in by 8:45, and they got every thing ready and I started pushing. 25 minutes of pushing and he was here. All in all, while it was a longer labor, from the start of the first real contraction, it was by far easier than my first. The epi worked, and I had a minor tear, doc actually debated on whether to put a stitch in or not, but did.

We are doing great, Monte is LOVING being a big brother, and Casey is such a good baby. He looks exactly like Monte did when he was a newborn, other than Monte's hair was dark brown and Casey's is blonde.
March 26th, 2012, 02:41 PM
kdrew88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad it went well for you!

First Time Mommy to Tatum Elaine born March 10th, 2012. 8 lbs, 9 oz, 21 inches long
March 27th, 2012, 03:38 PM
Lovemykiddos!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Lovemykiddos!
Sounds like a good labor experience!!!
March 30th, 2012, 04:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations on your lil cowboy! Glad everything went well.
Johnny age 4 born October 8, 2008
SHANE IS HERE!! Born March 1, 2012

Breastfeeding for 8 months now!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search