Welcome little Caleb!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 17th, 2012, 09:02 AM
Conners Mommie +2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, he's been here 2 weeks now, I guess it's time to get to this. It's nothing eventful or exciting....pretty awesome if you ask me though

I was admitted into the hospital at 6 am on Tuesday, April 3 to be induced. They put in my IV and started a bag of fluids, then at about 7:30 started my pitocin. At about 8:30, the anestesiologist came in and gave me my epidural. I was SO extremely nervous because I had 2 epidurals with Colin and neither one of them worked. The Today Show was on TV and Wilson Phillips was on that day and they were playing "Hold On" while I was getting the epidural....me and my nurse were singing along! LOL! It made me so much more comfortable how awesome she was. I laid down and they waited on me to have a contraction. My nurse (Maggie) said I was having a contraction and asked me if I could feel it. Nope!!!! I sure couldn't feel a thing! Woo hoo! I told the anestesiologist that he was the best...he agreed! LOL!

So, for a couple hours I laid there with my family, just talking and hanging out. I actually crocheted a hat while I was in labor Maggie came in around 11 and checked me and said I was only 5 cm dilated (started at 3 btw) and fully effaced. I told her I felt like I had to pee so she asked me if I could wait an hour because she didn't want to cause any infection by going down there a ton. She came back at about 12:10 to put a catheter in. She checked me before she did it and told me I was at 7 cm. She emptied my bladder and I felt some extreme pressure. She decided to check me again and I had dilated to 9 cm just from her emptying my bladder. She told me she was going to get the table ready and call the dr and to let her know if the pressure increased and didn't stop between contractions. It took all of about 5 minutes for the pressure to increase, so Josh went and got Maggie and told her I was ready. The Dr came in and checked me and indeed, I was fully dilated and ready to go! That's when the pile of people came in doing their thing to set up for the baby. I started pushing a couple minutes later and after about 15 mins of pushing, out popped that big ol' head! Caleb's cord was wrapped around his neck, so the dr told me not to push anymore while he cut the cord.....ouch! Those shoulders waiting to come out hurt worse than the head. But a few seconds later, he was out and perfectly healthy!

Caleb was born at 12:40 pm and weighed 7 lbs and 5 oz and was 21 1/2 inches long....my biggest baby by far!

It was nice with just me and Josh in the delivery room and very special! We wanted the boys to be the first to come in and see Caleb and they were both in awe....it was so sweet and special!

April 26th, 2012, 08:10 PM
kdrew88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow! What a great birth experience!

First Time Mommy to Tatum Elaine born March 10th, 2012. 8 lbs, 9 oz, 21 inches long
May 14th, 2012, 05:41 PM
Fluffy Baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
<3

I am a mixture of all that and a bag of chips... IJS

Rest In Peace Jennifer <3

May 14th, 2012, 06:28 PM
Indymommy7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
:'(

Mother to Chad 19, Alexa 18, Jeremiah 16, Madelyn 13, Korinne 6, Sky 3, and introducing baby Linden 1/17/12

Thanks for the beautiful siggy
May 14th, 2012, 06:44 PM
Babytooth's Avatar Coral
So bittersweet to read this story.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search