What time of night...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 18th, 2012, 05:52 AM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
...do you consider your LO's "bedtime?"
Has your baby got the difference between day and night figured out yet?

Andrew has started settling into a routine, and we can usually count on him starting his night sleeping around 9pm, give or take half an hour. There is definitely a difference between day and night for him... For one thing, I can put him down and he'll sleep longer than half an hour!

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
April 18th, 2012, 06:26 AM
ethansmom0408's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mason usually falls asleep around 7:30-8. We put him to bed and wake him at 10:30 to eat. Then he sleeps until 6-6:30. He knows the difference between night and day because he also stays asleep at night, all night. During the day he sleeps for 15-20 minutes and then wakes up. I think he's too nosy to take a long nap during the day.

April 18th, 2012, 06:38 AM
MissLoki's Avatar Super Mommy
We do the night routine around 9pm and he wakes up around 1am, 4am and 7am to nurse. He definitively knows its night time because he actually sleeps then!

April 18th, 2012, 06:50 AM
Dizzi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Haevyn somewhat seems to have a bedtime routine .. She typically goes down around 8-9 and wakes around 11 to eat and then sleeps until 2, eats, and then sleeps until roughly 5-6 - Then she stays up until about 7-7:30 and takes her morning nap until 10:30 then she's pretty well up for the day with short naps here and there. So I definitely think she's figuring out the day/night stuff

April 18th, 2012, 08:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well he eats just as much during the night as during the day! But he is sleeping the whole time and not awake, so he knows the difference. He is down by 9PM, then we feed at 12, 3, 6 and he's up for the day.... 9PM is fine for night... 6 for morning is not my choice !

April 18th, 2012, 05:27 PM
mythreesons's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Christopher does not usually go down at night until about 10:30-11:00. After that e will usually sleep for 4-41/2 hours.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my wonderful siggy!

Me: Kristine

April 19th, 2012, 12:26 AM
pixiedust012404's Avatar Lovin my baby girl
Is it terrible that we don't go to sleep until midnight and get up at 10am?? I need to start putting her down earlier tho because when I go back to work dh and I work swing and she'll be staying with her aunt while we are at work, and she goes to sleep much earlier. Its just hard when I don't want to get used to going to sleep so much earlier before I have to start staying up till 1am for work.

thank you jaidynsmum for my siggie!

April 19th, 2012, 03:30 AM
Taz38's Avatar Proud Mommy
We all hit the sack at 9 or 9:30 and get up at 4:45.
April 19th, 2012, 04:17 AM
Fluffy Baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
All my babies have known day and night since birth. I was lucky I guess.

He usually falls asleep around 7-8 and gets up to eat around 11. Then he is up for an hour usually, so we go to bed for good around midnight.

Pixiedust, my DD and DS1 were on that schedule since DH worked 3-11 shifts and we rolled with him. Now that DD is in school, they are on a better schedule. It is not bad and it works if that is how your family sleeps.

I am a mixture of all that and a bag of chips... IJS

Rest In Peace Jennifer <3

April 19th, 2012, 05:00 AM
pixiedust012404's Avatar Lovin my baby girl
Okay good! She is usually sleep on and off before then, but that's when our long stretches start.

thank you jaidynsmum for my siggie!

April 20th, 2012, 02:46 AM
Beeker's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have no idea...he doesn't have a set schedule. He sleeps or naps for two-three hours at a time. Anywhere from 3-6 am he will go down for 3-5 hours. Idk if you can even change that at 3 weeks old...

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!!
April 20th, 2012, 06:32 AM
Conners Mommie +2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ditto Kristine exactly! I was starting to feel like a bad mommy til I see a couple people are like me

He's still so little, he sleeps pretty much all day with a few wake periods of an hour to 2 hours here and there. He does well in the middle of the night, he doesn't try to stay awake. If he's still awake when he's done eating (which is rare), I just wrap him up and lay him in the bassinet and he falls back asleep on his own.

April 20th, 2012, 08:52 AM
cherry08's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Zoe spends most of her time sleeping so it is hard to differentiate but she usually is up somewhere between 930-1030p to eat and then usually goes back to sleep between 11-12. If it is earlier then she will wake up around 3-4am to eat; if it is later (last night she had a bath and then went to sleep at 12:30 and slept until almost 8 this morning!

April 20th, 2012, 09:50 AM
MommaTrish's Avatar bless your heart
Send a message via Yahoo to MommaTrish
Mason goes to bed when I do, so sometime between 10:30 and 11:30. Even if he wakes up I don't turn on a light and play with him, I just help him latch back on (if he's hungry) cuddle him closer, and rub his back. This method has worked on all my kids to get them to learn the difference between night and day.
mom of: Zach (10), Ryan (8), Bella (5), Mason (2), and pollywog #5 due 12/04/14
April 20th, 2012, 12:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm gonna say between 9:30 and 10:30 pm and then he'll sleep until about 1am. He eats at 1am, 3:30, and 6:30 - 7am. Right now, I feel pretty rested on that schedule, even if I stay up after his 3:30 feeding, which is sometimes happens at 4am.
April 20th, 2012, 12:48 PM
Valerie.'s Avatar Loving life as a mom
Gavin goes to bed around 8:30 - 9:00 and then usually gets up at 3:00 to eat and then every 2 hrs after that.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search