Breastfeeding

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 7th, 2012, 09:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Are you still breastfeeding?
How's it going?
How long do you plan to breastfeed for?

My goal is 1 year

May 7th, 2012, 09:47 PM
Chelbell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm still breastfeeding. I can't believe how easy it had been because I had the hardest time with Jaxon. I plan to do it for 1 year too.
Chelsey, mom to Jaxon(3), Zachary(1), and expecting #3 11/11/13

May 7th, 2012, 11:12 PM
Beeker's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
yep--going pretty well
year here too

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!!
May 7th, 2012, 11:57 PM
lil duckies mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yep still bf. I plan on doing it till he stops. Went 21m with dd2 and she self weaned when I got pregnant.

Thank you Claire1979!
May 8th, 2012, 02:06 AM
KimiB's Avatar Super Mommy
Still at it. Physically it's very easy. The last few days I've been finding it a bit frustrating in the sense of having to do everything in two hour increments, but I think I'm just in a pissy mood. My goal is six months. We'll see about a year.. Pretty sure I'm gonna want my boobs back before then.

~*Kimi*~
Proud mama of Avery, born March 19, 2012, 6lbs 5 oz, 19 inches

Please check out my blog: http://familybirdsnest.blogspot.com
May 8th, 2012, 04:05 AM
Taz38's Avatar Proud Mommy
I pump almost exclusively -- he lolly gags on the boob and takes forever or falls asleep very quickly and I end up pumping anyway.

I plan to do it for at least 6 months and see how it goes from there. We also plan to start trying again in August so I'm not sure of the logistics of bf'ing if I get pregnant.
May 8th, 2012, 05:51 AM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
I'm still at it. Now that I've made my first goal (survive the first 2 months, LOL), my next goal is a year - Danny self-weaned at 11 months, but he had his massive surgery at 11 months and I think that changed things up. Past that, it'll depend on when he and I are both ready to give it up. Things are pretty easy and smooth, I can't imagine going to the hassle of bottles and formula at this point!

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
May 8th, 2012, 12:09 PM
Jintana's Avatar Dragoness
Yep.. surprised because we got off to a rocky start. But she likes the boob.. too much, even! She's a punk about taking bottles now. I plan to do it anywhere from 6 months up to a year, depending on whether I need more medication for depression help.

May 8th, 2012, 02:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I had such a hard time in the beginning, I spent many nights crying because of the pain and trying to figure out the latch. It doesn't help that my family doesn't support it and was telling me to give formula and so was the dumb pediatrician. My DH helped me through it and I'm so thankful because it's pretty easy now and I also can't imagine doing the whole bottle/formula thing. That would be frustrating and take more time/energy/planning/diaper bag space.

May 8th, 2012, 02:41 PM
I'm glad you stuck to it too, Kelsey! I wish I'd been able to with Eric, but between some mistakes and having no support... Meh. It worked out just fine, I figure as long as baby gets fed and everyone's happy it's all good, but you're so right about formula and bottles. Breastfeeding is harder to start and easier long term, formula is easy to start but more work in the long haul to me!
brandywk and kjm like this.

May 8th, 2012, 08:28 PM
Super Mommy
We are still going strong but Charlie does get "topped off" 3-4 times a day. My supply is not great but my doc gave me the go ahead for the fenugreek so I will start that tomorrow and see if it helps. (Charlie had been dehydrated so the pediatrician told me to give the bottle after nursing... he really does not like the bottle.) I hope to make it until at least 6 months, my original goal was 2 weeks.
May 9th, 2012, 06:08 AM
I hope the Fenugreek helps, Jessica! Have you been trying some of the foods that can increase supply too? Oatmeal is great, and there's a few other foods too (I don't recall what they are off the top of my head). There's even a recipe floating around out there for milk producing oatmeal raising cookies.
kdrew88 likes this.

May 9th, 2012, 02:31 PM
mythreesons's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Still bfing here! I have no particular goal...I will just keep going until he starts to wean (although 2 years would be my age maximum).

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my wonderful siggy!

Me: Kristine

May 10th, 2012, 01:09 PM
Still breastfeeding! The plan is to do it up to 2 years. I lasted 14 months with the other two so unless a major problem happens then he won't get any less. I weaned the other two at 14 months because my children seem to be little biters..... DD even bit and pulled so hard that she tore a chunk out of my nipple at 10 months old. We lasted 4 months after that.
May 10th, 2012, 02:40 PM
kdrew88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm still breastfeeding. It's going pretty well now that I got past the sore nipples, engorgement, massive oversupply, hmm...I think that was it...

I'm getting ready to go back to work so I'll be pumping most of the day and I hope she'll still want to nurse in the evenings but if she doesn't then we'll just switch to all bottles of breast milk. My goal is 1 year.

First Time Mommy to Tatum Elaine born March 10th, 2012. 8 lbs, 9 oz, 21 inches long
May 10th, 2012, 06:42 PM
MommaTrish's Avatar bless your heart
Send a message via Yahoo to MommaTrish
Going great here!
I have no goal at all. Just taking it as it goes.
mom of: Zach (10), Ryan (8), Bella (5), Mason (2), and pollywog #5 due 12/04/14
May 10th, 2012, 08:08 PM
woohoo502's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Still breastfeeding. I was just thinking that it was easier these days, even though he still takes forever to eat. I hope someday he will get faster. My goal is a year. With DD we nursed until 15 months and then she self weaned.

May 14th, 2012, 02:49 PM
RhiettaP's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are still 100% BFing.....Liam was geting EBM from a bottle occassionaly, but he hasn't had a bottle in about 5 weeks.....don't even think he'd take one now. I'm an "extended" BF'er, so we will nurse for about 2 years and then start weaning.

William 11.06.03
Ethan 7.3.08
Liam Ryan 2.17.12
Rowan Oliver 6.19.14
May 15th, 2012, 11:35 AM
brandywk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Still at it! I am just now starting to get over the foremilk/hindmilk imbalance thing these past couple of days! I even got a poop that was more yellow than green It was a vicious cycle of her getting fussy durring feeds because she was having painful gas so she wouldn't eat for very long. She would only get the foremilk, which would again cause the next feed to go the same way!! I hope this means she is finaly gaining good weight!!
I plan on atleast a year. DS#1 bf for a year, DD#1 bf for 3 yrs, but my last baby DS#2 was formula fed due to an extreme milk protien allergy So because of my last experience and the fact that she is my last baby I may bf her into highschool I love the bond, big boobs and no period!!!!

6lbs 15oz 17.5 inches

Sister to Christian, Madelyn & Samuel

May 16th, 2012, 11:24 AM
JesSsica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We're still bf'ing here too. Unfortunately Mia likes to get mad at my boobs and is a super lazy eater so during the day I pump for her. She falls asleep on the boob during the day.

When she eats she drinks about a minute or two and then stops. She does this over and over and over for an hour to an hour and a half. I find it frustrating to offer the boob because I never know when to switch sides. not to mention lifting my shirt a hundred times a day makes me crazy!

I find nursing her during the night and then pumping all day every four hours works great!. Sometimes I pump enough for only breast milk, other days the last bottle of the day has to be formula. I'm pleased with the convenience though because BM can be left room temp for hours so I can carry a bottle with me. I even read it can stay room temp even after she started eating out of the bottle. Much easier than formula! It works for the fussy, lazy eater!
Cole Anthony 5-23-2002
Mia Annelise 3-29-2012

^angel^ 10wks, 2 days, D&C 12wks, 3 days 11-2-09
^angel^ 5wks, 5 days 1-2-10
^angel^ 11wks, 1 day 5-22-10 with D&C

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search