Samara Faith's Arrival

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By gingerrae

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 14th, 2012, 01:09 AM
gingerrae's Avatar Veteran
I guess I will be the first to post my baby bee's birth story.

This pregnancy had been a very trying one for me. Through out the pregnancy little problems had come up slightly large placenta, and extra fluid. I had been planning on a home birth until I was diagnosed with Cholestasis at 30 weeks. I was told that the only cure for Cholestasis is to deliver the baby. My midwives told me that most OB's want to deliver at around 37 weeks because the the risks to the baby. Also I would need to come in weekly for NST's and appointments just to check on the baby. The pregnancy progressed with no new problems. DH and I talked about our plan and decided that we would induce on May 12th I would be 37 weeks 4 days.

We arrived at the midwife's office on Monday May 7th for our weekly NST. Baby girl passed the test with flying colors which was odd for her. She normally would hide from and or assult the monitors. I had also not felt her move much since the previous night. I mentioned this to my midwives and they seemed concerned. They told me that I could go immediately to a bio physical profile and a follow up NST or I could choose to go in and get induced. After realizing that no amount of tests would stop me from worrying we choose to go to the hospital and get induced.

We got to the hospital at 4pm got checked in and was administered Cytotec to ripen my cervix. I started at 1cm dilated and 60% effaced after 4 hours of mild contractions 2-3 min apart I had only progressed to 3 cm and 70% effaced. My midwife let me labor for another 3 hours before checking me again. At 12am we found that I was still at 3 cm and 70%. 7 hours into my induction I was told that they could do another dose of Cytotec but since I was still contracting it probably wouldn't help to do the cytotec again. My other options were letting me continue to labor on my own or start Pitocin. I was exhausted and emotional so I opted to get an epidural and start pitocin. Thankfully I was able to rest on and off all night. Because in the morning I was greeted with increased pressure. At around 8 am I was checked and found to be 7 cm and 80% effaced. At 9:40 after telling the midwife it was time I was found to be ready. I pushed for 30 min and at 10:10 am Samara Faith was born.

It was such a great moment my husband got to catch her and put her on my belly. She was crying and beautiful. She was 7lb 1oz and 20.5 in long with APGAR scores of 8 and 9 born at 37 weeks.
May 14th, 2012, 02:02 AM
lromkee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

May 14th, 2012, 08:54 AM
Blue_Jar_Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What a wonderful birth story!!!!

Girl (12), Boy (9), Boy (4), Boy (2)
Expecting Baby #5 Christmas Eve 2014 TEAM PINK!!

~Audrey Elizabeth~

May 14th, 2012, 11:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for sharing!

May 14th, 2012, 11:58 AM
PaxtonsMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So wonderful!!! She is absolutely gorgeous Jana! I'm so happy she's here and healthy

May 14th, 2012, 04:23 PM
SuperMartianRobotMom6's Avatar Proud Mama & Happy Wife
Beautiful!! I cant wait to see pictures

May 14th, 2012, 05:33 PM
Super Mommy
Thanks for sharing!
May 14th, 2012, 08:30 PM
BlessedMommyx's Avatar Stephanie
Awe congratulations!!!

May 15th, 2012, 09:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrats!! What a great story Welcome, Samara!

May 15th, 2012, 12:11 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
That's cool Chris got to catch her. I know it wasn't the birth you had planned, but it sounds like it went well

May 17th, 2012, 01:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to mylie12
wow !!! glad your dh got to catch her can't wait to see pics

May 18th, 2012, 01:14 PM
Ali and Jillybeans mom :)
that is so cool that your DH caught her! my DH wants nothing to do with the situation so that to me is awesome. thank you for sharing!
May 26th, 2012, 08:37 PM
Mommy-to-2's Avatar Veteran
thank you for sharing!! Cant wait to write mine!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search