A message from Jenn's sister

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 14th, 2012, 11:42 AM
luvmykids623's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
After a long, hard fight Jenn has left us here and gone home to be with the Lord! She had a great day Saturday. We were beginning to think it had all gotten better and she was headed in the right direction. I knew she was still critical, but was clinging to that chance of survival!!!

I had gone home for the night and woke up to a call from my Mom. She was calling to tell me the bleeding had started again. I tried to get out of the house before my kids got up...and there came Seeger with a card in his hand. Not long after he woke up, Cooper came in with a card too. I hated leaving my boys again, but Jenn needed me more. She couldn't be with her boys for Mother's Day. I felt like the right place to be was with her.

Dr. Meyer called us in for another meeting to discuss the options. He said we could take her in for surgery to do a hysterectomy and try to find the source of bleeding, or let her go now. Just the day before we were told if she started to bleed it was over. Then the day before that we were told if she started clotting it was over.....

Surgery sounded like a no brainer until we heard the details. Dr. Meyer was honest and said there was no guarantee it would be successful. And wait, she's already bleeding and on blood thinners, it's not a good idea to do surgery in her state. This was uncharted territory for them. NO ONE KNEW WHAT TO OR NOT TO DO!!!

After hearing all of her immediate family give their opinion we decided as a family to let her go. She put up a hard fight. In my mind though, she was not some science experiment. She needed to go with some dignity! She tried hard, but ultimately God won her over.

We all said our good-byes to her and the immediate family watched over her as she left this temporary home. It was the hardest thing I have EVER watched! I wouldn't have traded it for the world though. I needed to see her go and she would've done the same for me! Within what seemed like eternity, she passed away. The amazing staff cleaned her up and let us see her unhooked from all the machines and tubes for one last time. She looked so peaceful. Still that same beautiful sister I will always remember!

We left the hospital and headed to her house. Someone had to tell Conner (7) about his mommy. Jenn's husband and Dad spoke to him in private. Before they told him Conner said, "I dreamed mommy came home and it was so real!" WOW!!! Every bit of me can't stop thinking that Jenn was telling him she was leaving. She was going home...to the KINGDOM!!! Conner was sad when they told him, wanting to be left alone. He ran into the playroom and curled up in a ball crying. How sad!

I looked through some old pictures of hers last night. Ones she had in boxes at her house. If I can offer any advice to anyone...it's to take more pictures with your family. There were tons of pics with her friends, but very few with our family. You never think to take them with your family because you see them all the time. Please stop to take a picture of your family together on a regular basis. I'd give anything to have a recent pic of us together!

Now we begin planning a funeral for a 28 year old wife, mother, daughter, sister, and friend that was perfectly healthy before this started. She is a mystery diagnosis. No one knows exactly what happened or why it all started. We can speculate, but what good is that? All that matters now is that she is not broken or weak, but instead in the best place anyone should ever want to be. In the arms of Jesus! Arrangements have not been confirmed at this time.

Thank you to everyone that stuck by us during this difficult time. Thanks for the prayers, blood donors, food, drinks, snacks, sweet texts, emails, and phone calls. I am honored to be a member of a wonderful church. I am humbled by the amount of love shown to my family and I. God has great plans for my family. Stirrings of The Holy Spirit working in family I didn't think would have those feelings. Even amidst the loss and devestation of Jenn's passing, we still give God ALL the glory!

How Great Thou Art:
When Christ shall come,
With shouts of acclamation,
And take me home,
What joy shall fill my heart!
Then I shall bow
In humble adoration
And there proclaim,
"My God, how great Thou art!"

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

May 14th, 2012, 12:23 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm from the Jan 2010 PR. So completely heartbroken. Continuing to pray for the boys, her husband, and her family.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

May 15th, 2012, 10:36 AM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
from the Sept 10 PR. I can't even begin to say how sorry I am for your loss. Sending lots of thoughts and prayers to you, her husband, son's and family! I wish i had the words.

May 15th, 2012, 02:51 PM
mt23hc's Avatar Melissa
Send a message via AIM to mt23hc
Wow. From the Sept 10 PR, sending tons of love, prayers, and thoughts for your family and for her DH and boys. HUGS!
May 15th, 2012, 04:14 PM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Proud Mama to 5 girls
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
I'm from the Feb 2012 playroom

This is so unbelievably sad her family is in my thoughts and prayers
Karrara 9 1/2 01/11/05, Kaiah 8 07/1/06, Kayda 6 1/2 01/12/08
Katara 2 1/2 02/10/12, Korra 10mo 10/10/13

May 15th, 2012, 05:37 PM
Pupcake74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm from the Sept 10 PR. I'm sorry to hear such sad news. Her family will be in my thoughts.

May 16th, 2012, 07:07 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Just lurking from the March, April, May 11 PR. Your family has been on my mind. Thank you for sharing your sister's story with us. I know everyone on JM has been praying. I am so very sorry for your loss.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
May 16th, 2012, 09:34 AM
luvmykids623's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyandthemoos View Post
Just lurking from the March, April, May 11 PR. Your family has been on my mind. Thank you for sharing your sister's story with us. I know everyone on JM has been praying. I am so very sorry for your loss.
Oh Patty, I'm not Jenn's sister. I'm just a member of this PR. Jenn's sister, Shanna, has been keeping in contact with one of the girls in our Facebook group, and I just reposted what she sent us so that those that aren't part of the FB group could see it.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

May 16th, 2012, 09:36 AM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
From the dec10/nov11 pr. Will be continuing to keep them in my thoughts and prayers. I'm so sorry for your loss.

May 17th, 2012, 07:44 AM
Ilovbnamomx3's Avatar Mommy to 4 boys
Prayers.. from Nov/Dec playroom.

Thanks for sharing...
May 20th, 2012, 08:58 AM
D&K's_mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hadnt been on here in a while and was hoping when I logged in I'd find good news about Jenn, This breaks my heart, Jenn put up a good fight,bless her family and praying for her boys. I could not imagine what her family is goin thru right now. May god be with them and help them thru this tragic time.

May 20th, 2012, 01:18 PM
faysdt414's Avatar Mother, Crafter, OT

Ella Chaya: March 15, 2012 (8.14lbs)
May 26th, 2012, 12:46 PM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
I just found out today. I used to co-host with Jenn on the Love & Sex board. I am so shocked, saddened and my heart goes out to the whole family. Absolutely beautiful post. Love & light xxx

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search