Dads!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 22nd, 2012, 12:49 PM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
Now that we are settled, how are our dads doing on being involved with baby?
For our single moms, how are you doing now that your baby is a little older?

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
May 22nd, 2012, 04:59 PM
Beeker's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My dh is very involved. When he is home he is the primary butt changer. He will let me have some time to myself which is good so I can shower without rushing. I get up with him at night but I have the boobs so that is ok with me.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!!
May 22nd, 2012, 04:59 PM
mamaperry's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mine is very a big help. If he wakes at night he take care of him. Also he pretty much does all baby and toddler duty on the weekend so I can get out of the house and get things done.

May 23rd, 2012, 05:21 PM
pixiedust012404's Avatar Lovin my baby girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeker View Post
My dh is very involved. When he is home he is the primary butt changer. He will let me have some time to myself which is good so I can shower without rushing. I get up with him at night but I have the boobs so that is ok with me.
Pretty much the same here. Last night she wouldnt sleep so he took her and instead of waking me to feed her before they went to bed, he gave her a bottle of expressed milk and i got 6 hours of sleep!!

thank you jaidynsmum for my siggie!

May 24th, 2012, 04:51 AM
ethansmom0408's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Dh works so much and has a very long commute so the minute he gets home he spends time with our boys. He gets both boys ready for bed (I help, of course). He takes care of the 7 am feeding on the weekends. He's a great dad!

May 24th, 2012, 08:25 AM
KimiB's Avatar Super Mommy
DH goes above and beyond. The minute he comes through the door, he claims Avery for the evening and frequently tells me to go out and do something for myself. If I'm feeling overwhelmed or exhausted he takes the baby out for a few hours. He is up at night for every feeding with me - he does the re-settling.

~*Kimi*~
Proud mama of Avery, born March 19, 2012, 6lbs 5 oz, 19 inches

Please check out my blog: http://familybirdsnest.blogspot.com
May 24th, 2012, 08:26 AM
woohoo502's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
DH is very involved. We tend to play a man to man defense though, and since I'm the one with the boobs, he deals with DD a lot. He does change most diapers when he is home and holds him and plays with him so I can eat dinner with both hands free.

May 24th, 2012, 10:00 AM
brandywk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH mainly takes care of the older kids so that I can take care of Emmalyn, which I greatly appreciate. But sometimes I get frusterated and just want him to take care of all of them!! Just so he can see how hard it really is

6lbs 15oz 17.5 inches

Sister to Christian, Madelyn & Samuel

May 24th, 2012, 10:58 AM
Taz38's Avatar Proud Mommy
DH is great for the most part. He usually has Fridays off so they chill out in bed til it's time for our lunch date.

Most other nights he feeds Christopher while I cook supper. I don't get to spend much time with him because in a way dh is selfish and a little possessive of the baby. Which is ok I guess I'm glad he loves him so much, but I should be able to hold my child without feeling like I'm doing something wrong or interferring with his Dad time.

Others tell me to be thankful I have someone that wants to be so involved, but there's being involved and just being stingy!

So yes--he's great to Christopher, but I have to time with him. I think that's why I started bfing more--its something only I can do
May 24th, 2012, 12:21 PM
Sarai1983's Avatar Bonus Mom w/ a Baby Bump
Send a message via Skype™ to Sarai1983
When he's up Joe loves to hold the baby... and when I'm trying to deal with Jericho he keeps the other 3 satisfied...
May 24th, 2012, 07:11 PM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
I love seeing all these involved daddies! My DH is good and will help if I ask, but mostly it's more like Brandy and her DH - I do baby duty and he takes care of and plays with the bigger ones. He's taken Andrew from me a few times and forced me out the door for some alone time, though, which I thoroughly appreciate!

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search